• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official bitching about Hudson abandoning VC support. [VC/WiiWare = lost cause]

later

OMG

wiiware icarus, 2.5d!!!

Actually, not really..

Presenting "Icarian, kindred spirits". (Third party wiiware)

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

http://www.icariangame.com/

- New gameplay mechanics taking full advantage of the Wii Remote™. Use your hand movements to raise Nyx, flap her wings and fly over awesome ancient Greece scenery. ¡But that is not all! You will be able to invoke the powers of the gods and move platforms, cast rays and control winds while pointing your Wii Remote to the screen . An interaction as never seen before!

- A game for one or two players. Play with a friend and maximize your abilities, while one controls Nyx, the other will control the powers from the Gods.

- Charming graphics that take full advange of Wii™ technology.

- A fascinating story. ¿Will you be able to help Nyx discover what happened to her friend Icarus?

later said:
OMG

wiiware icarus, 2.5d!!!

Actually, not really..

Presenting "Icarian, kindred spirits". (Third party wiiware)

This game looks promising. It's the kind of thing I want on Wiiware.

Here's the developer, whose first project this game seems to be:
http://www.overthetopgames.com/

Over the Top Games is an independent game development studio founded in 2008. Based in Madrid, it's committed to develop original games for most of the next-gen platforms, including Wii™, Nintendo DS and digital distribution systems as Xbox 360 Live Arcade, WiiWare™ and Playstation Network.

The mission of our team is to create the next level of gaming creating original and polished, high quality games.

The Team

Collectively, the team of developers that form Over the Top Games, has contributed to a wide-range of popular games among which are: the Commandos™ series, Imperial Glory™ and Clive Barker's Jericho™.

All our staff is formed by strong and passionate gamers. The most important rule we follow is that we make games that we want to play.

Founders

Roberto Álvarez de Lara Sieder
Mauro López Arias
Enrique Orrego
Juan Álvarez de Lara Sieder

Jethro

So which VC-Titles are going to release today in Europe? We are still waiting for Secret of Mana but I'm afraid of Boogerman and a bunch of other horrific Games :(.

Jethro said:
So which VC-Titles are going to release today in Europe? We are still waiting for Secret of Mana but I'm afraid of Boogerman and a bunch of other horrific Games :(.

Europe gets VC games on fridays, which is tomorrow.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Metal Slug 2 is nice, but it's too bad you Europeans didn't get Secret of Mana.

Though if I were you, if you're interested in Metal Slug 2, you might as well wait for the inevitable release of Metal Slug X, which is basically the same game except superior.

Capndrake said:
EU VC update:

-Metal Slug 2 (Neo Geo)
-Forgotten Worlds (Mega Drive)
-Space Invaders: The Original Game (SNES)

Hey MS2 isn't bad! Still, not the greatest update ever (SOM is long overdue, but then again I can say the same about CV3 in the US!)

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Hey, question for someone more intelligent about Turbo stuff...

I recently stumbled across a reference to a "Beyond Shadowgate" game (U.S. only?) for the Turbo CD (Super CD?). Is there any chance we might see a release of that, or am I nuts? It could be locked up in bit of rights madness, but I was wondering if it would even work on VC. CD games using the CD mostly for audio storage should work fine, but I didn't know if Beyond Shadowgate used the disk more for data or for audio.

Somnid

Did Drake not post Japan's December stuff?

NES:
Atlantis no Nazo
Life Force
Ninja-Kun: Majou no Bouken

SNES:
Nobunaga's Ambition

SMS:
Wonderboy in Monster Land

GEN/MD:
Earthworm Jim

TG16/PCE:
Space Invaders: Fukkatsu no Hi
SCI Special Criminal Investigation
Jigoku Meguri
Fire Pro Wrestling 3: Legend Bout

RpgN

speedpop said:
For fucks sake. Where is my Secret of Mana.

:(

I can wait, but I hope we do get it in the end. I really want to try it out, heard so many good things about it.

Capndrake

Didn't think the schedule would be up already, Somnid, it's usually a bit later.
Nuclear Muffin said:
Did Japan get Earthworm Jim when it first came out? If not wouldn't that be their first VC import title?
They have a few already, but none are considered imports and none cost more.

joedick

Nuclear Muffin said:
Did Japan get Earthworm Jim when it first came out? If not wouldn't that be their first VC import title?

Looking at digitpress.com it looks like Takara put it out, at least for the Super Famicom. I don't know about the MD though.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Nuclear Muffin said:
Vectorman and MD Virtua Fighter 2 never came out in Japan originally, but they're up on the JP Virtual Console. They've also got a Sega Channel exclusive as well (Dyna Brothers 2 Special), I think.

Oh gosh...so I just finished up a 5 hour long Secret of Mana playing session and I have never played it before purchasing it on Virtual Console.

WOW. JUST WOW. I honestly think, just from my first hours of playing with it, that it is one of the GREATEST GAMES I HAVE EVER PLAYED. Seriously? Where have I been since 1993? My goodness, it is brilliant. :D

Spike

IGN's release date listing shows Space Invaders Get Even listed as a December 1 WiiWare release.

Hope they're right...

HUELEN10

So, in 6 hours we know what we will get! My guesses for this week are Sonic 2 8-bit, Mario's Super Picross, and Kirby's Dreamland 3.

I feel like Sonic, so I hope it happens. Did it not recently come out on JPN VC?

Iam Canadian

I'm thinking we're in for some Metal Slug 2.

Aside from that...um...maybe Life Force? A bit of a long shot, granted, but hey, it's possible.

Iam Canadian

Well, to be fair, I want both of those more than Metal Slug 2. :p Not that I have anything against Metal Slug, mind you, but Metal Slug 2 is inferior to Metal Slug X anyway, so I can wait on MS2.

HUELEN10 said:
So, in 6 hours we know what we will get! My guesses for this week are Sonic 2 8-bit, Mario's Super Picross, and Kirby's Dreamland 3.

I feel like Sonic, so I hope it happens. Did it not recently come out on JPN VC?

The only one that we know for sure is coming today is Space Invaders Get Even.

Iam Canadian

Nuclear Muffin said:
The only one that we know for sure is coming today is Space Invaders Get Even.

I wouldn't say that if I were you.

Nintendo has shown us time and time again that nothing is for sure.

We're totally going to get Earthbound, maybe not tomorrow but this December. BERIEVE! That's how Nintendo will apologise to us for the lackluster retail support this year. MmmHmm, that's how it will all play out.

Capndrake said:
US:

-Space Invaders Get Even (WW)
-Pit Crew Panic (WW)
-Metal Slug 2 (Neo Geo)

Ooh, wonder what Pit Crew Panic is like - seems like it was only a couple of weeks ago it first appeared. Anyone willing to take a hit for the team?

No MaBoShi AGAIN?!?! FUCK YOU Nintendo for not releasing this one particular game I want on this exact day!

Seriously though, I'm getting sick of waiting for MaBoShi.

Capndrake

Here's the PR (Was just on my Wii for a moment):

WII-KLY UPDATE: TWO WIIWARE GAMES AND ONE VIRTUAL CONSOLE GAME ADDED TO WII SHOP CHANNEL

Dec. 1, 2008

After a long, lazy holiday weekend, it's time to shake off your post-Thanksgiving daze. Need some suggestions for boosting your activity level back into the red? Let the latest additions to the Wii™ Shop Channel be your guide: Take command of a UFO in an epic space battle, get your engine revving as the leader of a frenzied pit crew, or storm the battlefield in a high-tech military mêlée. With all this excitement, you may be ready for another vacation day sooner than you think.

Nintendo adds new and classic games to the Wii Shop Channel at 9 a.m. Pacific time every Monday. Wii owners with a high-speed Internet connection can redeem Wii Points™ to download the games. Wii Points can be purchased in the Wii Shop Channel or at retail outlets. This week's new games are:

WiiWare™

SPACE INVADERS GET EVEN (Taito, 1 player, Rated E10+ for Everyone 10 and Older-Cartoon Violence, 500 Wii Points): The Space Invaders are back, and this time they're out to get even. Take control of a UFO and make those Earthlings pay by unleashing your fleet of heroic invaders against their puny tanks, fighter jets and artillery-but watch out for the massive boss awaiting you at the end of each stage. Use your invaders' five attack types and the might of the mother ship to rack up high scores, then upload them via Nintendo® Wi-Fi Connection and see where you stand in the global rankings. (Note: Router and broadband access required for online play. For more info, visit www.nintendo.com.)

Pit Crew Panic! (Hudson Entertainment, 1-4 players, Rated E for Everyone, 800 Wii Points): Pit Crew Panic! is a frantic, action-packed game that unfolds on the racing circuit. During the game, the pit crew is not only faced with repairing vehicles, but also various WHATSITs. Handling the WHATSIT repairs is a pit crew made up of legendary beauties. The controls are simple: Just grab a member of the crew with the Wii Remote™ controller's A Button, then release the button when the Pointer is over the damaged PART, and that crew member will begin repairs. Assign repairs to the members of your team and provide support using the Wii Remote to send a fully repaired WHATSIT out of the pit as quickly as you can. The game features Normal mode, which can be played using one of two rules: Abnormal mode (players split into two teams and compete against each other) and Ranking mode (compete with players around the world for the top record). Each mode can be played with a maximum of four Wii Remote controllers, allowing you to team up with friends and family. Your teamwork could lead to outstanding records.

Virtual Console™

METAL SLUG 2 (NEOGEO, 1-2 players, Rated T for Teen-Blood and Gore, Violence, 900 Wii Points): Released in 1998 by SNK, METAL SLUG 2 is a side-scrolling military-action game. Players choose from Marco, Tarma, Eri and Fio, setting their sights on wiping out Morden's newly remobilized Rebellion Army. Just like the original METAL SLUG, players blaze a trail by shooting and jumping, but METAL SLUG 2 adds a new arsenal for you to command, including a heavy machine gun, a shotgun and even a laser gun, providing players with rich variety. Battle effects are packed in, as well-players turn into mummies after getting caught in poison gas coughed up by mummies. After picking up too many food items, characters turn fat, but they get an attack-strength upgrade. Two-player action is supported, too, so players can have a blast with their friends.

For more information about Wii, please visit wii.com.

Top Bottom