• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official bitching about Hudson abandoning VC support. [VC/WiiWare = lost cause]

Somnid

g35twinturbo said:
none at all.

I'm surprised that these people still exist, even my grandparents have internet access.

But to answer the question: No. You need to download the software with the same Wii you intend to use it on, other Wiis will not play the file on the SD card. What you could do is borrow her Wii and download it at your place or something and return it to her.

I don't expect any highly anticipated titles for the xmas update. Of course I'd like Nintendo to prove me wrong, but I doubt it will happen. My next birthday is on a Monday though. March 9. EarthBound plz? Come on, I bought this game from you in 1995. I was 8 years old! Don't you think it's time you let me buy it again?

They probably can't get past their own epic anti-piracy measures. That's gotta be why we don't have EarthBound yet. Yeah, that's it. Nintendo > Nintendo.

Nintendo Playstation said:
They probably can't get past their own epic anti-piracy measures.

Hilarious if true. Time was spent disabling passwords in Kid Icarus and upping/replacing textures in N64 games, but not skipping a simple if statement?

Nintendo Playstation said:
They probably can't get past their own epic anti-piracy measures. That's gotta be why we don't have EarthBound yet. Yeah, that's it. Nintendo > Nintendo.
I like this line of thought. From now on I will think of Nintendo as a company at war with itself.

NoA Exec: Men! Prepare to launch the VC games! We have to break through the lines!

NoA Peon: But sir, the anti-piracy fire is just too strong.

NoA Exec: If we can get even one game through, then we have a chance! Launch Earthbound, Phantasy Star 4, Sonic and Knuckles, Final Fantasy 3, Enduro Racer, and all the others!

NoA Peon: But, it's a suicide run!

NoA Exec: Do it! We have to save those gamers! Save them from ourselves.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
So I have a World of Goo Code, who wants? (US only)

Someone who want's to review it would be cool too ;)

Rlan

Capndrake said:
OFLC update: Sonic Chaos.

It will be interesting if they start pushing into Game Gear titles at some point - Triple Trouble and Tails Adventure would be nice to see at some point.

Samuray

VOOK said:
So I have a World of Goo Code, who wants? (US only)

Someone who want's to review it would be cool too ;)

I'd love that! I'm not from the US but have imported my Wii, so it is rather difficult for me to acquire WiiPoints. I'd appreciate that code very much, and I do have a blog in which I review games (but in German, not in English, so I don't know if that counts).

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Samuray said:
I'd love that! I'm not from the US but have imported my Wii, so it is rather difficult for me to acquire WiiPoints. I'd appreciate that code very much, and I do have a blog in which I review games (but in German, not in English, so I don't know if that counts).

Sorry dude someone got in before you, thanks for the offer though.

HUELEN10

Rlan said:
It will be interesting if they start pushing into Game Gear titles at some point - Triple Trouble and Tails Adventure would be nice to see at some point.
I would KILL for Triple Trouble.....

KILL

TJ Spyke

Rlan said:

I'm surprised they haven't already, they confirmed LONG ago that Game Gear games would be released on the VC (although listed under the "Master System" label).

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
pakkit said:
Yeah, and like 500 blocks.

Holy shit! -__-

I wanted to buy it to play it over the w/e but I guess I'll have to pass for the time being, probably in the next couple of weeks I'll have more time and less backlog to make room for the game and such.

HUELEN10

Capndrake said:
Hudson told me that they have no more plans to release any TG16 games in the US and Europe now :(
Indefinitely, or temporary, or maybe they are talking till the end of the year.

Right? RIGHT?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Seriously this can't be happening......

Capndrake

minor effort said:
Can you elaborate?
Sey they want to concentrate on WiiWare and as such will not release any more TG16 games in the west. They might release more later, but don't count on seeing any for the next half year.

Capndrake said:
Sey they want to concentrate on WiiWare and as such will not release any more TG16 games in the west. They might release more later, but don't count on seeing any for the next half year.

I still fail to see why it's so difficult for Nintendo to juggle both WiiWare and VC. This makes no sense.

HUELEN10

Capndrake said:
Shit..........

THanks for telling us Capndrake, but still.

TJ Spyke

It's not a big deal if the third party publishers do the games themselves. Hudson Soft did a great job, still disappointing though.

sfog

Hudson told me that they have no more plans to release any TG16 games in the US and Europe now :(

That seems kind of short-sighted at this point. They've basically released their entire 1st party US HuCard library (although there are a few Taito and Namco US releases that haven't come out yet). However, they still have a number of potential CD titles and imports remaining though.

Capndrake said:

What did they say exactly? (Word for word)

Could be temporary, could be till the end of the year, may only count 1st Party games, may or may not include Rondo of Blood!!!

beje

Banned
So... we've been surviving for months in Europe with a crapload of Turbografx games almost nobody cared for (aside from WiiWare). Does this mean we're now getting a flood of crappy Commodore64 and Master System games to fill the hole left by Hudson?

What about the whole lot of N64 and SNES games still unreleased? 14 N64 games and all of them first party is clearly not what anybody expected, and it's been months since we last saw a decent SNES game except for some good scarce bits here and there.

Capndrake

Nuclear Muffin said:
What did they say exactly? (Word for word)

Could be temporary, could be till the end of the year, may only count 1st Party games, may or may not include Rondo of Blood!!!
What they said exactly is that they have "no more plans to release any games on the Virtual Console in the west."

I'm not sure if they even mean non-TG games with that (Since they've only released like three of those in the US and two in Europe), I'll ask.

Capndrake

beje said:
So... we've been surviving for months in Europe with a crapload of Turbografx games almost nobody cared for (aside from WiiWare). Does this mean we're now getting a flood of crappy Commodore64 and Master System games to fill the hole left by Hudson?
Europe has only had 11 TG games this year, of which the last two (Ys Book I & II and Chase HQ) were released in September, the rest were all released in May or before. So we've barely had any recently.

(Sorry, should've edited that into the previous post)

Somnid

It's sad to see Hudson give up support like that especially when they were probably the best supporter of VC. If it's true then that partially explains why EU and NA are hurting bad right now for VC games. Losing a whole system library (which in Japan makes up a good 3-4 games a month) is basically removing one release from each week.

I really hope they reconsider.

I'm hopeful this really is just a hiatus for the sake of concentrating on WiiWare for the time being. So much left over unpublished though. Heck, there are domestic Turbo CDs that still remain.

Top Bottom