• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Bully: Scholarship Edition (360/Wii) Thread

Fantastical said:
Also, if I'm going for 100% but I don't do some side missions can I do them at the end or something even if I passed the chapter they are in?

if you're going for the 100%, my advice is to go find a guide on gamefaqs. srsly, it's a pain..there's lots of those errands that need to be completed. each time you beat a few missions some new errands open up, so instead of wondering around like i did it'd be easier with a 100% guide.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Please don't tell me this is a glitch.

I'm in Chapter Three and I just finished the mission "Glass House"
You go to the Math teacher's house and break things
. After that was done, for the next day I waited for the next mission to show up and it never did, and it still hasn't. Glass House is a side mission as well, meaning that another mission should have shown up. I just finished "Lola's Race" meaning I should be seeing "Tenements".

Am I missing something?

Fantastical

Death Prophet
billy.sea said:
The 360 and Wii version dropped to $20 just like the PS2 version. Which version should I go with now?
360 was my choice for the graphical upgrade and achievements. Although it is very buggy, even more so than the Wii version which isn't perfect either.

I'm in Chapter 3 and not getting the first greaser mission. I've got the nerd clubhouse and finished the Santa Claus mission but no other missions are coming up. Anyone else experience this issue or know what to do here?

Fantastical said:
360 was my choice for the graphical upgrade and achievements. Although it is very buggy, even more so than the Wii version which isn't perfect either.

I only had one crash on the 360 version and completed it. I highly recommend the game.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Kaleidoscope said:
Yeah, I've already gone a full day & night cycle just screwing around in the town.
I had the same thing. Check under that bridge in the greaser turf, there was a yellow circle there. Don't know why they don't show up sometimes.

Anyways, I'm on Chapter 5 now. I think I'm gonna 1000 this game. :)

Vyer

Wasn't this thing patched? Or is it still pretty buggy?

I never finished it on PS2. Might go for the 360 version if it's worth it.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Vyer said:

It's been patched but it's still pretty buggy. I fell down one time and couldn't get up so I had restart the 360. There are a lot of times where small bugs happen... like you'll press a button to do something and then it will take 10 seconds for Jimmy to do it, meanwhile his legs are going crazy or something. The only really big bug I've found is the time I fell though.

Vyer said:

The biggest bug I've found is that sometimes the errands won't show up (happens more often the further you get in the game) and you have to restart your 360 one or two times to get them to show back up.

And Music 3 and 4 are terrible with the 360 controller, not a bug but poor design choice. Music 5 isn't that hard though...

Otherwise it ran great for me

edit: oh and a lot of Bullworth's population seems to be susceptible to seizures in the 360 version. They'll just stand in the corner and violently shake. Not game breaking or anything, but odd

LakeEarth

I was enjoying the 360 game, but after 3 freezes in 3 attempts to play the game, I just gave up on it. Can't believe they never patched it.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
LakeEarth said:
I was enjoying the 360 game, but after 3 freezes in 3 attempts to play the game, I just gave up on it. Can't believe they never patched it.
They did patch it, but there are still bugs.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Count of Monte Sawed-Off said:
And Music 3 and 4 are terrible with the 360 controller, not a bug but poor design choice. Music 5 isn't that hard though...
Playing through this now, and that is the understatement of the century. They are the worst gaming experiences I've had in recent memory.

Yoboman

I just picked up the PC version to replay after having sold the PS2 version a few years ago. What a mistake. My God this is the worst port I've ever seen... I'm barely getting 20FPS, and the pop-in is unbearable. I can't see from the gate to the school...

And Music 3 and 4 are terrible with the 360 controller, not a bug but poor design choice.

Commenting on this from a PC perspective: there were some games in Music (I believe 3 and 4) where you had to hit Left Alt and Right Alt simultaneously. This did not work in the PC version. Luckily you can still pass by taking a miss on them, but it's pretty irritating.

Yoboman: I had similar issues until I patched it. After that it seemed to work just peachy.

Flunkie

Banned
Anyone have any 360 gamepad issues on the PC? When I push all the way forward on the stick, I walk, but if I go a tick to the left or right, I run like normal. Any fixes for this shit? It's really annoying.

Ellis Kim

Banned
Have you checked that analog calibration gamepad HID utility thing in the Control Panel? That sounds more like a controller issue.

Flunkie

Banned
Ellis Kim said:
Have you checked that analog calibration gamepad HID utility thing in the Control Panel? That sounds more like a controller issue.
It's fine there.. and it works flawlessly in other games.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Got this on the Steam sale. Thought it would be a huge bump but I seen posts from this January, relief :O

Can't wait to try this when I get home.

Qwomo

Yeah, I was considering buying this a week ago, but the price was kind of daunting. I couldn't refuse a 4 buck game, though! I'm excited about playing this sheeyit. The main thing that interests me about it is that it looks like what a Harry Potter game should have been.

clockpunk

I'm just restarted the game for the seventh time. I love everything about the title, the characters, setting, music, amount of stuff you can do... it all works. I'd even say it is in my top three favourite games of all time.

I just wish Rockstar would hurry up and confirm the sequel semi-leaked by Shawn Lee last year!!

sullytao

clockpunk said:
I'm just restarted the game for the seventh time. I love everything about the title, the characters, setting, music, amount of stuff you can do... it all works. I'd even say it is in my top three favourite games of all time.

I just wish Rockstar would hurry up and confirm the sequel semi-leaked by Shawn Lee last year!!

I agree. It's insane that we have had to wait so long for a followup given how great the first one was.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
momolicious said:
Why do these look better than the PC version?! The PC version is not really a good port... its kind of choppy and controls bad.
Controls are a little floaty but I suggest using the 60fps fix.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Bully 1.20 is essential. Just paste and replace in your Bully folder and you have a fluid 60fps. The exteriors still look a little washed out but indoors it looks pretty nice at times.

It is a little funny on my PS3 pad but I can deal with it to play this game again.

Edgeward

Snuggler said:
Bully 1.20 is essential. Just paste and replace in your Bully folder and you have a fluid 60fps. The exteriors still look a little washed out but indoors it looks pretty nice at times.

Thank you so goddam much for this. The game runs absolutely fantastic now, so silky smooth. Makes me want to replay this game again.

Played/completed it recently.

I enjoyed it, but felt as if the story lost it's way in the middle.
Would have preferred they keep things more centered on Bullworth most of the game.

And I know it's basically a PS2 game but it shows it age pretty badly.
SO MANY GLITCHES. Annoyed the hell out of me.

Hopefully they make a sequel and add more depth to the experience.

Jtrizzy

Just got to act II in this game, it's really fun. Ironically I went to boarding school and have the same name as the protagonist (James) although they call him Jimmy most of the time, which I don't go by.

This game is better than GTAIV without a doubt. It may be my favorite Rockstar game even ahead of Vice City. Of course it has graphical glitches on pc, but I can live with them for the most part.

Scapegoat

Played it on 360 for the first time last year, really enjoyed it. Updated graphics actually looked really nice when exploring the town and such. As someone has mentioned it definitely plays like a PS2 game however. I encountered a decent amount of bugs and for me personally the gameplay was a little dated with respect to how fighting and shooting handled.

Would LOVE to see a sequel with heavy physics based controls similar to Red Dead Redemption. Also with an M rating :D.

Top Bottom