• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official DD (Steam/D2D/etc) gifting thread of equal global distribution

ga11agh3r

Neo Member
I'd really be greatful to anyone who is able to gift the orginal 'Portal' (I see that pre-orders of portal 2 come with a free copy of the orginal). Just got a new PC so missed out on the offer when it was free/sale :-(

celebi23

USAGAF, I just bought the Potato Pack & pre-ordered Portal 2. I now have some extra copies of some games:

Amnesia Taken by low-G
Killing Floor Taken by QuantumBro
Portal
Super Meat Boy Taken by Firehead
Toki Tori Taken by TheOGB

If you're interested in any of these, please send me a PM with the game title in the subject. Also, include your Steam ID & I'll add it to my friends list & send the game to you directly through Steam.

GABDEG

Could anyone from the US or UK help my out with a Portal 2 gift? Prices are pretty steep in €s.

Would appreciate it greatly!

bigace33

celebi23 said:
USAGAF, I just bought the Potato Pack & pre-ordered Portal 2. I now have some extra copies of some games:

Amnesia Taken by low-G
Portal

If you're interested in any of these, please send me a PM with the game title in the subject. Also, include your Steam ID & I'll add it to my friends list & send the game to you directly through Steam.
Celeb, I sent you a PM.

thy_

I'm looking for a non-€ Gaffer who is willing to do a Portal 2 Two Pack with me, or alternatively just gifts me a single version. Would pay per Paypal.

I have a giftable copy of Serious Sam HD 1 in exchange for any of the following games
123 Kick It
Wonderful End of The World
The Ball

PM me if interested.

I was wondering, how much is GTA San Andreas cost in Steam? I live in Indonesia where I can't buy GTA games, so I need someone to gift it to me. I've been thinking to buy San Andreas on pc but want to know how much it cost first?

Parham

Banned
bigjimmystyle said:
Im also after mafia 2 if anyone is willing to gift it :)
What is your SteamID?

Callibretto said:
I was wondering, how much is GTA San Andreas cost in Steam? I live in Indonesia where I can't buy GTA games, so I need someone to gift it to me. I've been thinking to buy San Andreas on pc but want to know how much it cost first?
$ 14.99 (US) / £ 9.99 (UK) / € 9.99 (EU)

The European store is the cheapest by about $0.50.

Nabs

You should have gotten someone to gift it to you from Steam :( Don't worry though, you'll get another chance soon enough.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
dangrib said:
can anyone gift me BioShock 2 from the US store?
Yep. Check your PMs.

Benedict

This might be a bit offtopic but I though I'd ask here anyway.
I'm in China at the moment, and because of that my steamstore shows the prices in $ instead of the usual € when I am in Sweden.

will I get some major problems from Steam and Valve if I buy a game (Magicka) here?
Might they think that my account has been hacked and decide to shut it down?

Detox

I can't find how much a borderlands GOTY 4 pack is in the US but I'm betting it's cheaper than the UK. It's $35.68 dollars if converted from Sterling to Dollars. Anyway I want a whole 4 pack to myself (is this possible?) I will be gifting the other three to friends, I will pay in advance via paypal. I know I'm going to be asked for my steam id so how do I find it.

EDIT: Found the price of US borderlands it's $22.50 and I will send $25.

Detox said:
I can't find how much a borderlands 4 pack is in the US but I'm betting it's cheaper than the UK. It's $35.68 dollars if converted from Sterling to Dollars. Anyway I want a whole 4 pack to myself (is this possible?) I will be gifting the other three to friends, I will pay in advance via paypal. I know I'm going to be asked for my steam id so how do I find it.

EDIT: Found the price of US borderlands it's $22.50 and I will send $25.
The buyer gets one of the four copies.

Detox said:
So would it work if the buyer already got Borderlands GOTY?
I don't see how that would help, but either way, you can't buy what you already own.

If someone in the US (who doesn't own it already) bought the four pack, they would get one copy for themselves and three copies to give to you/your friends.

Maybe I'm not understanding what you're asking.

Detox

Sorry if I'm not being clear but what I'm asking is can't someone who already owns Borderlands GOTY buy a four pack and then would have four extra copies which would then be gifted to me and or my friends?

I'm sure you can buy Steam games you already own, it just gives an option to gift to a friend.

Detox said:
Sorry if I'm not being clear but what I'm asking is can't someone who already owns Borderlands GOTY buy a four pack and then would have four extra copies which would then be gifted to me and or my friends?

I'm sure you can buy Steam games you already own, it just gives an option to gift to a friend.
Four packs are not like regular items. Four packs are: you get one game for yourself and three gifts. Try adding a four pack to your cart and you will see the "Purchase As A Gift" button greyed out.

Detox

Thanks for that, okay I'm in for 3 + 1 for host but I guess I should post that in the Steam thread.

EDIT: no longer need this.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Any US folk fancy going halves with me on the portal 2 pack, im in the UK and apparently the 2 pack is considerably cheaper over in the US store

Hakkuei

Mr Cola said:
Any US folk fancy going halves with me on the portal 2 pack, im in the UK and apparently the 2 pack is considerably cheaper over in the US store
It's practically the same but the uk pack is still the cheapest.

Anyway if you're going to buy the 2 pack I'm in and can paypal right away!

celebi23

celebi23 said:

Amnesia Taken by low-G
Portal

I still have an extra copy of Portal if anyone is interested.

Top Bottom