• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official DD (Steam/D2D/etc) gifting thread of equal global distribution

Parham

Banned
Kubisa said:
If I buy the Grand Theft Auto Classics pack would I be able to gift them all separately, or does it come as one bundle only?

Trying to save up a collection of cheap games for gifting at a later date. :)
You can buy them individually for a total of $8.72 ($1.23 more than the bundle price).

Anilusion

I can trade my copy of Portal for any potato sack game except for Amnesia, Audiosurf, Bit.trip, Defense Grid, Killing Floor, Rush and SMB. I want to contribute to Portal 2 launch!

Vice City and San Andreas from the Steam sale if anyone could help an Aussie out.

ID: DeadpoolDoW

Can organise a Paypal in advance (popping out now for a couple hours, but please PM me first if you can help out!).

Cheers.

Jintor

Another GTA pack request for an Aussie! ID: Jintor or Jinxtor, depending on SteamID/Steam Friends ID, I never remember which is which. Can paypal in advance. PM me, cheers.

Firehead

Jintor said:
Another GTA pack request for an Aussie! ID: Jintor or Jinxtor, depending on SteamID/Steam Friends ID, I never remember which is which. Can paypal in advance. PM me, cheers.
I'll geko help ya.
Edit:
You'll get a friend request from Magical Golden Rotund Potato

Edit:
Right, Jinxtor isn't the right one. Jintor is.

Dead Man

So... another sad Aussie looking for the GTA pack, can paypal money right away (I presume, I use paypal all the time, so it's the same to send money, right?). idahoblue on Steam.

Parham

Banned
Dead Man said:
So... another sad Aussie looking for the GTA pack, can paypal money right away (I presume, I use paypal all the time, so it's the same to send money, right?). idahoblue on Steam.
Friend request sent.

Dead Man

azentium said:
Friend request sent.
That's what I get for forgetting I quit out of steam to do some optimising... Oh well. Accepted, thanks anyway even if it is not available any more.

Edit: azentium is a legend, even though I missed out due to my stupidity! Awesome, thanks.

celebi23

So, since Valve did something awesome stuff with the Potato Sack & Portal 2 ARG (rewarded anyone who got the 36 Potatoes with Valve Complete Pack & an extra copy of Portal 2), I've got some extra games:

Counter-Strike: Source Taken by 3chopl0x
Day of Defeat Source Taken by Nabs
Half-Life 2 Taken by Gray-Jaeger90
Half-Life 2 Taken by woolley
Half-Life 2: Deathmatch Taken by volturnus
Half-Life 2: Episode 1 Taken by Pandoracell
Half-Life 2: Episode One Taken by shuyin_
Half-Life 2: Episode Two Taken by Dante23
Left 4 Dead Taken by chixdiggit
Left 4 Dead 2 Taken by ShaneB
Portal Taken by Cranzor
Portal 2 Taken by Schmattakopf
Portal Taken by InsertNameHere
Team Fortress 2 Taken by celcius

If you're interested, send me a PM with the game's title in the subject & please include your Steam ID as well. First come, first serve. I know that I could potentially "sell" these extra copies but, I'm not going to. In my experience, it's rare that people are nice to other people on the internet so, I'm trying to change that a bit.

Well, that's it. Looks like all extra copies have been taken. Enjoy them GAF!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I just posted in the ARG thread but this seems like it might be an appropriate venue as well. Here's my idea:
--
If some more people were willing, I'd like to set up a thread where GAF members can compete in challenges to win gifted games from the Golden Potato holders. They would be along the same lines of the Potato challenges, but none would require any cheating or save files, and some would involve non-Steam game related tasks so that people with none of Steam games involved could still compete. The challenges would have to be provable by unique screenshots which would be posted in the thread.

The challenges would be created by me and other Golden Potato holders and vary in difficulty, the easiest ones (we'll call them "one star" challenges") would correspond to the cheapest games, like HL1, the expansions, Ricochet, etc. Two star would be the pricier but still old games (Half-Life 2, Portal, Left 4 Dead), three star would be the obvious newer games (L4D2, Portal 2).

Each contestant would get 3 stars, so they could go for 1 three star game, one two star and a one, or three one star games, and then not allowed to compete in any more challenges, to keep more opportunities open.

I even have an idea for an ARG element to this where I could give out little story elements of a bit of a fan fic idea I have for a Portal 2-related plot (obviously nowhere close to affecting canon, or continuity at all, just a little side-story). I'd be more than happy to put the effort into this if there were enough support for the idea.

What do you think, GAF? I think to make it worthwhile for people to participate, I'd need at least 4 other Golden Potato holders to be willing to donate some games to the cause, otherwise it'd be over too quickly. Since I made out really, really well from this whole deal, I'd be willing to donate all of the copies of games I got except for a couple I have promised to family members, including a copy of Portal 2 to start us off.

--

If you support the idea, post in this thread. If you are a Golden Potato holder willing to donate games/work on this project with me, please PM me and friend me on steam (Hawkian). Again, I think I'd need 4 other golden potato holders with some games to donate to make this worth anyone's while.

eidit @celebi: You sure you don't want to make things a little more interesting? ;)

celebi23

Hawkian said:
I just posted in the ARG thread but this seems like it might be an appropriate venue as well. Here's my idea:
--
If some more people were willing, I'd like to set up a thread where GAF members can compete in challenges to win gifted games from the Golden Potato holders. They would be along the same lines of the Potato challenges, but none would require any cheating or save files, and some would involve non-Steam game related tasks so that people with none of Steam games involved could still compete. The challenges would have to be provable by unique screenshots which would be posted in the thread.

The challenges would be created by me and other Golden Potato holders and vary in difficulty, the easiest ones (we'll call them "one star" challenges") would correspond to the cheapest games, like HL1, the expansions, Ricochet, etc. Two star would be the pricier but still old games (Half-Life 2, Portal, Left 4 Dead), three star would be the obvious newer games (L4D2, Portal 2).

Each contestant would get 3 stars, so they could go for 1 three star game, one two star and a one, or three one star games, and then not allowed to compete in any more challenges, to keep more opportunities open.

I even have an idea for an ARG element to this where I could give out little story elements of a bit of a fan fic idea I have for a Portal 2-related plot (obviously nowhere close to affecting canon, or continuity at all, just a little side-story). I'd be more than happy to put the effort into this if there were enough support for the idea.

What do you think, GAF? I think to make it worthwhile for people to participate, I'd need at least 4 other Golden Potato holders to be willing to donate some games to the cause, otherwise it'd be over too quickly. Since I made out really, really well from this whole deal, I'd be willing to donate all of the copies of games I got except for a couple I have promised to family members, including a copy of Portal 2 to start us off.

--

If you support the idea, post in this thread. If you are a Golden Potato holder willing to donate games/work on this project with me, please PM me and friend me on steam (Hawkian). Again, I think I'd need 4 other golden potato holders with some games to donate to make this worth anyone's while.

eidit @celebi: You sure you don't want to make things a little more interesting? ;)

Eh, I'm just happy to help out fellow GAF members. Time for me to give back a bit :D

celebi23 said:
So, since Valve did something awesome stuff with the Potato Sack & Portal 2 ARG (rewarded anyone who got the 36 Potatoes with Valve Complete Pack & an extra copy of Portal 2), I've got some extra games:

Counter-Strike: Source
Half-Life 2
Half-Life 2
Half-Life 2: Deathmatch
Half-Life 2: Episode 1
Half-Life 2: Episode One
Half-Life 2: Episode Two
Left 4 Dead
Left 4 Dead 2
Portal
Portal
Team Fortress 2

If you're interested, send me a PM with the game's title in the subject & please include your Steam ID as well. First come, first serve.
Don't even know what to say. Thank you.

Sanic

celebi23 said:
If you're interested, send me a PM with the game's title in the subject & please include your Steam ID as well. First come, first serve. I know that I could potentially "sell" these extra copies but, I'm not going to. In my experience, it's rare that people are nice to other people on the internet so, I'm trying to change that a bit.

Pm sent for Episode 1 or 2.

Sanic

Thanks again celebi23 for EP1!

If anyone has an extra of EP2 to complete my HL collection, feel free to PM me!

celebi23

celebi23 said:

Half-Life 2: Deathmatch
Half-Life 2: Episode Two
Portal Taken by Cranzor
Portal

Hate to quote myself but, I still have some games to giveaway. I would like to give them to Gaffers if I can

celebi23

Gray-Jaeger90 said:
thanks celebi! really awesome of you to be doing this
My pleasure! Just wanted to give back to GAF

celebi23 said:

Half-Life 2: Deathmatch Taken by volturnus
Half-Life 2: Episode Two Taken by Dante23
Portal Taken by Cranzor
Portal Taken by InsertNameHere

Half-Life 2: Episode One still hasn't been taken. If anyone wants it, just shoot me a PM

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
***********************Aperture Science Message Board Interface Artifact ONLINE
***********Starting services.....done
***********Instructing Daemons.....done
***********Defragmenting toenails.....done
***********Calibrating exuberance.....done
***********Reciting monologues.....done
--//GlaDOS Internet Forum User Link Trojan.exe loaded
Hello user.

It feels as if it has been a long time since we last spoke. I like what you have done with the place.

Today's experiment concerns the topic of generosity. Internet Forum User "celebi23" has demonstrated the apparent merits of generosity this day by giving away Modular Entertainment Experiences simply out of the apparent goodness of his or her or its heart.

I am here to tell you that generosity is, in fact, not a virtue. Generosity rewards weakness and slows the progress of science. Also, generosity leads to death.

Specifically, generosity leads to the death of kittens. More specifically, generosity leads to the death of the three kittens currently playing with a ball of yarn in my office. Do you see what you have done, "celebi23"?

To avoid the necessity for further kitten autopsies, contact Internet Forum User "hawkian" with a Private Internet Forum Message and communicate to him or her or it that you would gladly donate your Modular Entertainment Experiences to be used as positive reinforcement in this experiment. I am especially excited for those that assisted me in rebooting my system via starch-based power conduits to participate.

If an insufficient commitment is reached by 4/20/11 at 10:00P-M, in something called Eastern Standard Time, this experiment will be canceled and the intriguing secrets of my history, which may or may not have been fabricated out of thin air, will vanish forever. So cruel.

In this way, we shall coerce our subjects into performing menial and oftentimes meaningless sequences of tasks with the expectation of some sort of reward. Furthermore, it will provide me with an experiment to supervise while I wait for my dessert to finish cooling.

This internet forum post has been brought to you by Aperture Science, where no good idea is too silly to try
killing for
//--

---
NOTE: I AM NOT AFFILIATED WITH VALVE, STEAM, PORTAL, AT ALL. ALSO, I SUPPORT GENEROSITY. THIS IS A WORK OF FICTION INTENDED TO OFFER GAF A FUN WAY TO GIVE AWAY AND/OR EARN SOME GAMES ON STEAM; ANYTHING I WRITE CONCERNING THE PORTAL UNIVERSE SHOULD NOT BE TAKEN AS CANON OR REALLY ANYTHING OTHER THAN SILLY BULLSHIT.

I have already received a number of commitments of games to be given as prizes, but I think I still need a few more of the bigger ticket items to make the effort I am planning worthwhile. Golden Potatoheads, step up and donate your extra Valve games to the cause! If you do you can help me design fun challenges! Be a part of history!

I'd prefer if those of us with golden potatoes abstained from the actual competition portion, to help the rest of SteamGAF flesh out their collections. Besides, it's nice to be generous oh god dead kittens

PM me or message me on Steam if you want details, or have questions. Steam ID is Hawkian.

no kittens were harmed in the making of this announcement

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Treefingers,

The Aperture Science Human Relations Committee has instructed me to inform you that your extra Modular Entertainment Experiences would be much better served by participating in this experiment.

Following through on this request may cause your soul to avoid eventual damnation. Thank you.

Luigison

Steam & PSN: drshows
http://steamcommunity.com/id/drshows
Everywhere else: Luigison

I haven't played any Valve properties outside of Portal and Portal 2 because I'm not really into FPS war simulation games or good with PC controls, but Portal 2 makes me want to try something else of Valve's. Where should I start?

I already gifted my extra copy of Portal. I've given other games (codes and physical) on GAF through a Master Ninja's thread.

mantidor

I have a question for you fine gentlemen, I'm gifting a game to someone who just opened an steam account but I can't find him anywhere, I'm sure he created the account. He can find me but can't add me because he hasn't bought any games yet, is there a way for us to connect? it sucks if he has to be forced to buy a game first for me to gift the one I have.

Kerrinck

mantidor said:
I have a question for you fine gentlemen, I'm gifting a game to someone who just opened an steam account but I can't find him anywhere, I'm sure he created the account. He can find me but can't add me because he hasn't bought any games yet, is there a way for us to connect? it sucks if he has to be forced to buy a game first for me to gift the one I have.
Can't you send it to his e-mail?

cackhyena

If anyone has Half Life Episode 1 or 2 they don't want, I'd be more than willing to take such a burden off your shoulders. Never did get around to either.

Top Bottom