• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Fable II Thread

Dyno

I finally started this game and got a few hours into it. It doesn't feel like a true RPG so far. It reminds me of a low-key God of War in a semi-open world. This isn't necessarily a bad thing but it does seem light on immersion. I do wish the controls were more precise. The menu and some of the other actions also lag, which takes getting use to. A pretty game overall though.

Does it retain this casual feel throughout?

Manager

A couple more images:
797_0001.jpg

797_0002.jpg

797_0003.jpg

797_0004.jpg

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Finally finished the game

I was expecting a more epic fight against lucien, I have a feeling he may still be alive...idk

Reaver was kind of funny. I'm pissed I dont have my dog any more though. I was greedy and picked the riches option but I thought I'd get more than 1 million. I already had over a million gold so now I'm just buying all the property so all in all I think I made the correct choice.

I already have a new family, another whore lol, and a little kid. It's weird though I cant make more than 1 kid though wtf? I guess I'm shooting blanks.

But yeah I love how the game doesnt end once you finish the main quest, I'm all ready for the DLC next tuesday. Cant wait

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
ChrisGoldstein said:
I'm pissed I dont have my dog any more though.
This is how Molyneux wants you to feel. I remember a post-launch interview (don't remember where), where he said a fan had sent him an e-mail saying he was never going to buy another one of Molyneux's games again because
he can't have his dog back
. Molyneux just sat there with a grin on his face. :lol

Mar

SamVT said:
Of course - that's what we've been saying and that's what we're going to be doing.

Oh, you're a dude from LH? Can you comment on whether the patch will fix my wife from being stuck in a wall?

ChrisGoldstein said:
Reaver was kind of funny.

That reminds me. I was sure that was Stephen Fry as I was playing. The credits confirmed it for me. Nice pick for a voice actor.

SamVT

MicVlaD said:
Just to be sure: you mean this patch, right? Been meaning to play the game ever since I got it a month ago, but I decided to wait once I read that blog post.

Yes that's the one I'm talking about.

Mar_ never heard of the bug where a wife is stuck in the wall... :eek: :s

Dyno

I'm finding a number of books. Not books that teach you emotes but flavour texts. They're rather valuable. Is there a point to keeping them after I read them? Can I put them on a shelf when I get a home or are they simply alternate forms of loot?

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Poona said:
It seems the patch is finally out. Haven't been able to see what changes it made in my game yet though.

Awesome I'll fire it up when I get home.

Fable 2 is so awesome because even when I'm at work and not playing I'm collecting income from all my rental properties. It's one of my favorite aspects of the game.

PG2G

Let's see... hope it fixes my game breaking bug :p

And... no, thanks Lionhead.

Nevermind :) thanks Lionhead. I was stuck in the middle of a scene trying to get a beer, but I needed to go back to finish the scene I was "stuck" in. This didn't work before the patch :)

Mar

Well, I waited (somewhat) patiently for the patch. Waited for when my problem would be fixed and I'd be happy to play it again. But unfortunately the patch doesn't fix my problem, and so I'll be getting rid of the game and not getting the extra content.

Such a damn shame. It took a long time for the game to get its claws in me (just before the end really), and around that point I had one of those "holy shit what the fuck" moments that are so rare in games. Only to have it glitch out soon after and it felt like a kick in the balls. I really wanted to love Fable 2 (and deep down I guess I still do, which is why this glitch annoys me so much), but it seems it just was not meant to be.

Finished the game this evening. At first I wasn't too affected by the end, the final fights were on the easy side, but then it started to resonate.

I realized that's where you always went to. And your destiny will never let you stay there.

Sad.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Now that the new patch is out i may play through the game again in anticipation of the DLC. Fable 2 is one of the funnest games ive ever played. Its always rewarding you and you are always building upon your previous experiences.

The only negative thing i could say about the game was there were some bad bad bugs in it. Hopefully they are gone now.

vhfive

Mar_ said:
Well, I waited (somewhat) patiently for the patch. Waited for when my problem would be fixed and I'd be happy to play it again. But unfortunately the patch doesn't fix my problem, and so I'll be getting rid of the game and not getting the extra content.

Such a damn shame. It took a long time for the game to get its claws in me (just before the end really), and around that point I had one of those "holy shit what the fuck" moments that are so rare in games. Only to have it glitch out soon after and it felt like a kick in the balls. I really wanted to love Fable 2 (and deep down I guess I still do, which is why this glitch annoys me so much), but it seems it just was not meant to be.

wasn't your glitch that your wife was stuck in a wall. i don't really see how that is a game ending glitch. i mean you can just ignore your wife and get a new one.
:/

Mar

vhfive said:
wasn't your glitch that your wife was stuck in a wall. i don't really see how that is a game ending glitch. i mean you can just ignore your wife and get a new one.
:/

Yeah, it's not a game ending glitch. It was a character story driven ending glitch for me personally though.

It's even hard to explain. But going through the entire game not marrying, then finding a 'unique' woman and marrying her (there's only one of her, I can't just get another one) was sort of a cool moment for me. One of the coolest in the game. The fact that it broke really ruined my experience. I had nothing left to do in the game other than enjoy the rest of my character development. Which was brought to a halt because of said glitch.

I really thought they'd fix that. If you look at the official forums you'll see countless people had problems where their spouse disappeared or glitched out. I would have thought they'd add some kind of 'reset' for spouses so they just go back to their home or something. I guess that was too much work or would break the game or something.

Twig

Banned
Mar_ said:
(there's only one of her, I can't just get another one)
This is a problem with the game in general. So I completely understand your frustration.

I probably wouldn't sell the game, myself, but I'd certainly be pissed.

hetchi

rhfb said:
Yay, time to dust this off my shelf and be able to play past two hours in.

Damn, for how long did you go not playing this game? There should be another update providing new items and another place, Knothole Island, with more quests.

Xevren

I've had multiple children get whacked. After the 2nd one I just figured it was a sign from god that my dude wasn't fit to have children.

Chris R

hetchi said:
Damn, for how long did you go not playing this game? This should be another update providing new items and another place, Knothole Island, with more quests.
Well I got it the day it came out, ran into the abbot glitch, and basically shelved it

Aaron

"- T.O.B.Y./Trouble In Bloodstone – you’ll no longer get stuck during T.O.B.Y. quests (Bloodstone)"

This quest is still broken for me. Sally Jack is nowhere to be found.

funkmastergeneral said:
I hope you can get another sex change potion because I don't feel like playing through the DLC as a chick.

Whaaa, what?! I never even heard about this. That's what I love about Fable 2. It's expansive and deep as all get out. I'll be getting the patch and DLC this week.

So I just finished the Crucible. Quick question -
I'm getting the impression from the voice over and from Hammer that if I just carry on I'll be doing the last main story quest for the game. Which seems a bit... short to me. There are still a lot of side quests for me to do, and I am all for doing them, but I was just curious if that was the case. Not looking for entire end game spoilers, but am I really that close to the end already? There's been hardly any story!

Zezboob

Red Mercury said:
So I just finished the Crucible. Quick question -
I'm getting the impression from the voice over and from Hammer that if I just carry on I'll be doing the last main story quest for the game. Which seems a bit... short to me. There are still a lot of side quests for me to do, and I am all for doing them, but I was just curious if that was the case. Not looking for entire end game spoilers, but am I really that close to the end already? There's been hardly any story!
No, there is still quests and story after, it's just that during the Spire chapter you can't go back to Albion.
Be attention, there is some quests that will disappear if you don't do it before the Spire (those related to the temples, the Westcliff development for example).

Brandson

We just patched fable 2 using the new patch (also patched the dashboard to the new xbox experience at the same time). Fable 2 is now extremely unstable. It used to lock up on us every couple of hours of playing (which sucked but was tolerable). Now it locks up every 10 minutes or less. Is anyone else having these problems? My xbox360 was purchased right when Fable 2 came out and I am assured that it isn't as unstable as older versions.

Poona

Brandson said:
We just patched fable 2 using the new patch (also patched the dashboard to the new xbox experience at the same time). Fable 2 is now extremely unstable. It used to lock up on us every couple of hours of playing (which sucked but was tolerable). Now it locks up every 10 minutes or less. Is anyone else having these problems? My xbox360 was purchased right when Fable 2 came out and I am assured that it isn't as unstable as older versions.

Have you tried installing Fable 2 to the Hard drive? That fixed a lot of slow down, glitches, loading problems and so on for me.

Anyway now that I've played the game with the patch the differences I have now noticed is that I can finally buy furniture for the first time (from Bowerstone, I still haven't done the Spire so haven't got to Bloodstone, etc) and the other thing I have noticed is that my dog is now following me into a few places (mostly Pubs from what I can see) where before he would just lie outside them.

methane47

So Today i told a friend of mine.. that "well i think i'm about half way through fable 2... Right now there aren't that many clothes options and stuff but I'm sure that will increase after i get passed this middle section.

Went home for lunch.. turned the game on...
(i was in the dream section where the hero is a child again)
10 minutes later.... game was over...

WTF was that ??? There wasn't even like an EPIC battle of any sort... RIDICULOUS

i mean... game is cool and fun.. but NOT enough content... Seriously wtf. gonna replay on evil now.

Agreed. Clothing was pretty limited. I felt there were plenty of weapons to choose from, but I ended up using the Ranger coat and then the Highwayman suit for the rest of the game.

I am still aiming for the DLC, but now I feel like I'm paying $68 for a full game since a whole part of the game felt cut out.

Top Bottom