• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Fable II Thread

bengraven

I just finished it too, but I'm doing the trick to get all three achievements. I'll end with the middle choice. Frankly, while
one million gold is tempting, I'm making enough now. I also don't see the point of resurrecting anonymous people who were never even mentioned in the story so far and will never appear after you make the choice anyway; had their been a series of sidequests I would have chosen that. So I remain selfish and will resurrect my families. I mean, I had JUST married undead Lady Grey!

By the way, heard a kid saying something like "There are Oblivion gates opening all over the country side..."

Just finished it a few minutes ago.

I enjoyed it, but a few things seemed off for me. The world just seemed kind of empty to me. Yeah, it tried to not be that way and I did quite a bit of side quests (the pirate ghost one was awesome) and jobs. Maybe it was because I just couldn't get into the social aspects. I got married and didn't feel like traveling home just to see my wife. It all just seemed kind of pointless.

Overall though, it was a really good game. I just wish the story was a bit more deep. It was still good nonetheless. Gorgeous game too.

Question: I know Lionhead Studios announced a patch a while ago that'll fix a number of drastic bugs in the game, so could somebody tell me whether or not it has been released already? If not: do we know a date? I ask because I got Fable II recently and I'd rather wait until the auto-update's available.

BTW when you "finish" it you are probably only halfway. There are still a bunch of new quests to do (some of them will appear when correct events have been triggered). Keep on playing! Probably at least 5 more hours to go after "finishing".

Doodlebug

I'm waiting for the patch too. I gave the game a go a few days ago, wasn't 20 minutes into it when my dog froze and became unresponsive, I couldn't put my weapon away, and the menu was still indicating new items after checking them.

bengraven

So far the bugs I'm dealing with:

- kid is bugged - she runs around and talks to me, but I can't use emotes on her and I can't have her follow me. the only thing I can do is give her gifts to make her <3 meter rise.

- statue in Archon's Rest is stuck in "ragdoll" position (think DaVinci) and won't respond - horrible pain in the ass.

I just went and bought all the gypsy wagons and set rent to -100 for purity points because I also bought up the residential half of Oakfield and cranked rent up to +75. :lol

We'll see how much $$$$$$$$ I have after work.

GriffD17

peppermints said:
I enjoyed it, but a few things seemed off for me. The world just seemed kind of empty to me. Yeah, it tried to not be that way and I did quite a bit of side quests (the pirate ghost one was awesome) and jobs. Maybe it was because I just couldn't get into the social aspects. I got married and didn't feel like traveling home just to see my wife. It all just seemed kind of pointless.

This is the way I've felt too. Asked for the game for Christmas due to the positive reviews and talk on here, but it does indeed feel empty. A nice overhead view of the whole map would be nice.

I think I just need to spend more time doing the 'off-the-path' things, but I've lost interest that last couple days.

Mar

I'm so pissed off right now. I've put a fuck tonne of time into this game, and now it's bugged out on my save and ruined everything I've worked for. Finishing quests is a gamble and doesn't work half the time. But the most annoying part is that my wife has completely bugged out and is forever stuck in a wall.

This sounds really stupid and a non issue, but I didn't marry all the way through the game. I finished it etc. So when I finally did marry, to let's say, a unique woman that only appears once, it sort of meant something. Now she's forever stuck in a wall and may as well not be there.

Besides the fact I was going to try and get all the golems. However the quests to open dungeons to get to them aren't working properly anymore. Usually the ones that involve saving people.

It really feels like I've invested a huge amount of time (which I have) for a kick in the nuts at the end. Just when I thought this was one of the best games I'd played this year - and it took a damn long time to get to that point - it taps me on the shoulder and tells me the game is actually a mess and not enjoyable at all.

Fredescu

Mar_ said:
But the most annoying part is that my wife has completely bugged out and is forever stuck in a wall.
That sucks. Did you try asking her to follow you and then fast travelling somewhere? Might work, if she responds to emotes in her stuck state.

Mar

Fredescu said:
That sucks. Did you try asking her to follow you and then fast travelling somewhere? Might work, if she responds to emotes in her stuck state.

Well I should clarify. The breadcrumb trail leads me to a wall outside Fairfax Castle, where it ends inside that wall. I can't interact with her at all, I can't see her either. I've tried a number of things to make her 'move', such as sleeping for a million days etc. Her status is always very happy and she never leaves the wall. Every other story I've read with people having the same problem has said that she's stuck in there forever and nothing fixes it.

I'm surprised at how much this has made me unhappy. I didn't even think much of the game until a short while before I finished it. Then I started to really get into it. I was at the highest point of my enjoyment of the game when this bug and a few others kicked in, and I think that's why it's made me so angry. It just got me into the damn thing when it ruins it all and I can't play it anymore.

I'm not going to play the game until the patch comes out. Hopefully, the patch fixes the problem.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
Just noticed that the achievements for the Knothole Island DLC are up on Xbox.com

The Collector
Acquire all the mystery items in The Box of Secrets shop, or see another Hero do so.

The Meteorologist
Bring all of Knothole Island’s weather problems under control, or help another Hero to do so.

The Bibliophile
Find all the books detailing the history of Knothole Island, or help another Hero to do so.

Mr. Sam

So, I've done two play throughs - a good one and an evil one. Ended up fully pure as both of them; I experimented being an obese devil and didn't like it. I can wipe out hordes in seconds.

But I still can't get first prize at the shooting range!

G-Fex

I just got this today but thing was that x-box was making noises and the game kept freezing i'd have to shut it off. So I installed it to the harddrive and it seems fine and seems to move at it's normal speed and no glitching...something tells me this isn't normal..?

vhfive

G-Fex said:
I just got this today but thing was that x-box was making noises and the game kept freezing i'd have to shut it off. So I installed it to the harddrive and it seems fine and seems to move at it's normal speed and no glitching...something tells me this isn't normal..?

actually that has worked for a number of people
i guess installing it makes it run smoother

Is there a guide to getting all the expressions out there somewhere?

Specifically, I'm looking for an expression where you throw your hands up in fear or something? I want to beat an expression statue that i found in a little dungeon near Garths Tower in Brightwood.

raYne

E-Mercenary said:
Is there a guide to getting all the expressions out there somewhere?

Specifically, I'm looking for an expression where you throw your hands up in fear or something? I want to beat an expression statue that i found in a little dungeon near Garths Tower in Brightwood.
Sounds kinda like worship. In any case:

Expressions Guide(Hero/dog) -

Combat 5 star -
The book is "Dogs of War 1,2,3,4,5" and can be bought from the Bowerstone Market Book store.

Treasure Hunting 5 star -
The book is "Treasure Hunting 1,2,3,4,5" which you also get from the Bowerstone Market Book store.

Roll Over -
Bowerstone Market Book Store. The book is called "Dog Tricks! Roll Over".

Chase Tail -
Bowerstone Market Book Store. The book is called "Dog Tricks! Tail Chase".

Play Dead -
In a chest in Bowerstone Cemetery.

Beg -
Bowerstone Market Book Store. The name of the book is "Dog tricks! Begging".

Backflip -
Xbox live arcade Pub games.

Bunny Hop -
Can be found in Bowerstone lake silver key chest.

Wave -
Bought from the Bowerstone Market Book Store. The book is called "Dog Tricks! The Wave".

Hide Snout -
Bowerstone Market Book Store. The book is called "Dog Tricks! Hide Snout".

Growl -
You first need to complete the gargoyle quest(Shoot 10 of them.). Then in the Bowerstone Market on the bridge jump off to one side. Look around for a ripple type thing in the water. That is the gargoyle trove. Enter it and go to the(should be only open gate if you do it when you only have shot 10) open gate and walk up the stairs and open the chest.

Targeted Urination -
Bowerstone Market Book Store. The book is called "Dog Tricks! Targeted Urination".

Play Dead -
Bowerstone Market Book Store. The name of the book is "Dead Handy".

Kiss My Ass -
Earned at 20,000 Renown.

Chicken -
You get this at the start.

Beg -
Learned during when your a kid.

Point & Laugh -
You get this at the start

Middle Finger -
Bowerstone Market Book Store. The book is called "The Finger".

Vulgar Thrust -
Bowerstone Market Book Store. The name of the book is "The Perv's Handbook".

Slap -
You get this at the start.

Growl -
You also get this at the start.

Threaten -
Learn at 50% evil morality.

Scary Laugh -
Learned at 10,000 renown.

Bloodlust Roar -
Again at the start of the game.

Extort -
Learned at 100% evil morality.

Feign Attack -
www.fable2.com (Not needed for achievement.)

Follow -
Learned at 100 renown.

Dismiss -
Learned at 100 renown.

Lute -
Bowerstone Market General Store. (The store across the bridge, on the other side of the carriage driver.)

Trophy -
Quest and it will be unlocked.

Apologize -
Learned at 25% good morality.

Dog Praise/Thumbs Up -
Learned when your a kid.

Dog Scold/Thumbs Down -
Learned when your a kid.

Gift -
Learned when your a kid.

Dance -
Earned at the start of the game.

Hat, Headband, Moustache -
You get this from the xbox live arcade games.

Fart -
Learned from the start.

Sock Puppet -
Bowerstone Market Book Store. The book is called "Sock It To 'Em".

Laugh -
Learned at 50% good morality.

Belch -
Bowerstone Market Book Store. The book is called "Belching For Beginners".
Victory Arm Pump = Earned from start.

Worship -
Bowerstone Market Book Store. The book is called "Book of Workship". I'd suggest buying the book store and then going up in the top of it and searching the book racks. That is how you get it.

Come Back To My Place = Bowerstone Market book store. The book is called "Come Hither Dear".

Pick Up Line = You start the game with this.

Blow Kiss -
Learned at 2,500 renown.

Seduce -
Bowerstone Market Book Store. The book is called "The Art of Seduction". Or you can do the "Till Death Do Us Part Quest.

Whistle -
At the start.

Heroic Pose -
Yet again you get this at the start.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I finally got to Bloodstone after 30 hours lol. Man it's so awesome there, so easy to get laid and have orgies.

I had this whore proposition me and she said 'you can bring a friend' so I got this married woman to come with us. When the deed was over the wife's husband showed up and started shooting at me. I killed him and then his wife started shooting at me so I had to put her down.

lol so awesome

GhaleonEB

ChrisGoldstein said:
I finally got to Bloodstone after 30 hours lol. Man it's so awesome there, so easy to get laid and have orgies.

I had this whore proposition me and she said 'you can bring a friend' so I got this married woman to come with us. When the deed was over the wife's husband showed up and started shooting at me. I killed him and then his wife started shooting at me so I had to put her down.

lol so awesome
:lol

I once started flirting with a married woman in Bowerstone Market and her husband showed up. He stood there getting more and more irate as I ramped things up. When I gave her a gold necklace he started yelling at us - I don't remember which one he was berating. I invited her back to my place and she agreed - right in front of her husband. Things went downhill from there.

SamVT

Two new Knothole Island screenshots posted today on the site.

Knight_Hobbe_Slayer_900.jpg

Masked_Warrior_900.jpg

Pretty cool?

FrankT

Believe I've seen the second one or maybe I just thought I had, but I really like that first one.

I got my points ready just put it up. :D

GhaleonEB

Aw crap. I just remembered I'm awaiting my 360 coffin, thanks to the RRoD. Hopefully turnaround is quick.

The armor in the first pic there reminds me a bit of Oblivion.

vhfive

Jtyettis said:
Believe I've seen the second one or maybe I just thought I had, but I really like that first one.

I got my points ready just put it up. :D

we saw the second one when they first announced the dlc
but hot damn the first armor looks sick

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Damn I'm digging my characters pink vest and socks with black pants but fuck that shit looks hot.

I got some christmas points saved up just for this.

edit---I'm a dude lol

Hey how do I unlock that chest in the guild cave? It says go to fable2.com and I did but I dont see any link.

I've had the game since it came out but I want to see what's in the chest

ChrisGoldstein said:
Damn I'm digging my characters pink vest and socks with black pants but fuck that shit looks hot.

Personally, I like the pink corset/black hot pants/black tall boots combo.

Can't wait for the dlc. Is it 800 points confirmed?

GhaleonEB

ChrisGoldstein said:

edit---I'm a dude lol

Hey how do I unlock that chest in the guild cave? It says go to fable2.com and I did but I dont see any link.

I've had the game since it came out but I want to see what's in the chest
Apparently there's a Flash game or something that unlocks the content when you beat it; I haven't done it.

Revengeance said:
Personally, I like the pink corset/black hot pants/black tall boots combo.

Can't wait for the dlc. Is it 800 points confirmed?
The island is 800, but if I'm reading this right, the costumes are free?

Free and premium downloaders will receive a show of gifts, including Knight's Boots, Assassins Gloves, a special Weight Loss Potion, collectible silver book and more. Players will also be able to check their standing in over 50 new Leaderboards on Lionhead.com.

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
OMG the armor is mine. I loved fable 2 so i guess ill buy the DLC. Between this and Fallout 3 DLC its going to eat up my MS points like none other.

Pelydr

mediocrity at its best
I finally finished the main quest after a bit of a hiatus and damn this game is great. I was really skeptical of it as well, as I really didnt enjoy Fable at all but kudos to Molyneux and Co. for getting things together.

FrankT

Mr. Sam said:
Can I buy the DLC if I don't have Live?

When you say you don't have Live you mean no Live gold I assume? Or not hooked up to the net in any way? If it is the former, sure you can still buy it.

SamVT

News!

Since the North American launch of "Fable II" on Oct. 21, more than two million gamers worldwide have embarked on a quest to reshape the world of Albion in the image of their hero. While gamers have been fast at work behind the Xbox 360 controller, the creators of Albion have been hard at work to bring Knothole Island to heroes worldwide on Jan. 13. Releasing over Xbox LIVE Marketplace for 800 Microsoft points, Knothole Island will introduce all-new adventures in "Fable II," the winner of numerous industry awards including G4TV X-Play's Game of the Year.

In the latest installment of Lionhead Studio's Video Diary series, the developers reveal some of the challenges they faced in the final days of making "Fable II" and offer a sneak preview of Knothole Island. Senior Programmer Jonathan Shaw and fellow members of the team hint at the new quests, weapons, items and specialty shops available on this mysterious isle off the coast of Albion, as well as some of the quirky characters that inhabit it.

Also on Jan. 13, fans everywhere will be able to enhance their "Fable II" experience with a free content update* exclusively available on Xbox LIVE Marketplace. The free update will grant players a handful of gifts from the fine people of Knothole Island and will enable those who haven't purchased Knothole Island downloadable content to continue the co-op action with their friends. Some of the fun items include: Knight's Boots, Assassins Gloves, a special Weight Loss Potion, a collectible silver book and more. The update will also enable players to check their standing in over 50 new Leaderboards on Lionhead.com.

As an additional post-holiday treat for "Fable II" fans, Lionhead Studios and Microsoft Game Studios have created an all-new Knothole Island Premium Theme for the New Xbox Experience, available for 250 Microsoft points. Voyage over to Xbox LIVE Marketplace or Marketplace on the Web at www.xbox.com to download the theme and check out Video Diary Episode 8.

Check out Episode 8 at http://www.lionhead.com/diaries/ and on Xbox LIVE Marketplace.

Or if you can't wait to watch it, find it on YouTube BUT PLEASE DOWNLOAD IT FROM MARKETPLACE AS WELL. :D

bengraven

I need a nice melee weapon. Any suggestions?

ALSO, Archon's Knot is still bugged. The expression statue is faceless and just standing there for the last two weeks. This had better be in the bug fixes.

I only recently got Fable II but I've been very addicted (I think I've spent longer time playing it than reading NeoGAF). I think I'm going to hold off and wait for the patch & DLC before continuing to play, because I enjoy not having the pressuring fear of suddenly not being able to complete the game.

I anticipate the DLC as well.

Top Bottom