• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates (NA) Thread

ivysaur12

Banned
Mejilan said:
Well, unlike the original FFCC (which was decent, but largely mediocre as a single player game), FFCC:RoF is damn fun, even alone!

Hmm... ok. Once I get the theft insurance on my DS, I'll get another one and buy RoF.

Mejilan said:
Well, unlike the original FFCC (which was decent, but largely mediocre as a single player game), FFCC:RoF is damn fun, even alone!
So true. And the crafting system is much MUCH more rewarding since the armor appears on the characters. Also they fixed the major inventory problem.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
FFCC was more of a novelty, an experiment. Successful at times, but always flawed.

RoF is a more traditional action RPG that expands upon the best elements of the original, while dropping many of the um... un-fun elements.

I actually stopped playing this game at the last boss. After looking up how to beat him after screwing up the final portion of the fight i simply never went back. I feel bad about it. Sadly i dont know anyone who has this game so multi is out of the question. Is the end game in RoF good? Is there still a alot to collect and fight?

Gamer @ Heart said:
I actually stopped playing this game at the last boss. After looking up how to beat him after screwing up the final portion of the fight i simply never went back. I feel bad about it. Sadly i dont know anyone who has this game so multi is out of the question. Is the end game in RoF good? Is there still a alot to collect and fight?
Depend on what you consider a good ending. I found it kinda cheesy, but heart warming with the family love that the FFCC series is all about. :D

If your talking about the modes after you beat regular Story Mode, Hard and Very Hard Mode have some armor not available in the first mode.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Wait a tic, this game is actually good?

My interest has been piqued after playing through Life as a King. Hmmmmm..

JCX

I just bought this a little while ago and am very impressed. My biggest complaint is the change of tribe specialties from the original and the inability to have permanent spell casting items.

Online co-op would have been nice too

JCX9 said:
I just bought this a little while ago and am very impressed. My biggest complaint is the change of tribe specialties from the original and the inability to have permanent spell casting items.

You can increase the amount of Magicite you can carry by buying Magicite Pockets. Just make sure to visit the Mog Mart after every dungeon when you can and if you're lucky you can find some in dungeons when looking around.

Insaniac

okay can someone explain to me how the Lilties pot and making magicites works? Is there any way to increase your magicite output faster when you level up and are able to mix 3 or 4 magicites at a time? I know there is a way to get 2 magicites each time you mix if you throw one in while mixing em, but is there an easier way?

maxmars

Sorry for bumping an old thread -- I just bought this because someone told me it was a decent loot game and WOW was he right. I had to kick myself to bed tonight.

High production values, fun combat, loot everywhere, the dungeons are varied and colorful.. I'm really getting into it.

I thought it was the usual SE game I'd get bored somewhere halfway through because of gameplay, but so far I'm playing it right because it's fun to play. I'm shocked!

Amir0x

Banned
recently i traded in a bunch of games and apparently I switched my Flash Focus cart with my Rings of Fate cart... so now I'm stuck with Flash Focus, and I fucking lost Rings of Fate -_-

maxmars

Amir0x said:
recently i traded in a bunch of games and apparently I switched my Flash Focus cart with my Rings of Fate cart... so now I'm stuck with Flash Focus, and I fucking lost Rings of Fate -_-

Aw that sucks, but can't you tell them about it? They have a Flash Focus package with the wrong game in it, probably they'd like the right game as well?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I was delaying my play of RoF while waiting for my brother to start too but now that his DS is busted I guess I'll play it by myself. Well, after Bangai-O stops sucking my soul. :)

depward

Bumping this up to say - two months til the new DS CC release in NA and the used price for this is still around $35?! What!

Been wanting to try this again but don't want to drop that much on this then two months later another $40 for the new release.

Top Bottom