• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Football Thread 2007/2008 (Soccer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gazzetta rips into milan something rotten :lol

"maybe the milan directors will understand that you can't win a league without at least 2 decent defenders...they have a keeper who shouldn't even be 3rd choice for a poor side let alone be in the running for the number 1 of milan....milan terrible, without ideas...most players are rubbish"

yazan: at least he has a cool name. but it's obvious that he's only there because Kaka asked for it.

Yazan

Flamini played at least, how was he?
MILAN (4-4-1-1): Kalac; Bonera (65' Paloschi), Simic (46' Digao), Maldini (46' Kaladze), Favalli (65' Antonini); Zambrotta, Gattuso, Flamini, Jankulovski; Pirlo; Ambrosini (46' Seedorf). Coach: Ancelotti.

MILAN (4-4-1-1): Kalac; Bonera (65' Paloschi), Simic (46' Digao), Maldini (46' Kaladze), Favalli (65' Antonini); Zambrotta, Gattuso, Flamini, Jankulovski; Pirlo; Ambrosini (46' Seedorf)

MILAN (4-4-1-1): Ambrosini (46' Seedorf)

Ambrosini

wat

h0pper

only Fernando's ripe melons are good enough for me
calisi, me and the gf might stop by to watch the first half of Ars-Madrid. that cool?

edit: and im making you a new avatar, that one eats shit.

Did you know that Galliani suggested to Ancelotti to play ambrosini as a central defender? knowing that fester has no knowledge of modern football Ancelotti probably did the opposite.

Yazan

what a shitformation that is, Pirlo played under Ambrosini:O? Zambrotta in the midfield? Gattuso still get playtime? Kalac in the goal?

12th place confirmed, we really need 1-2 new defenders.

Charles

Wow, two goals in the last minute...

But the second half wasn't that bad on Juve's part. If the Camoranesi's goal wasn't disallowed it probably would've ended in a draw.

The US team has arrived in Beijing.

Picture+061.jpg

Frenck

Banned
Tottenham - Dortmund will be interesting, it starts in half an hour. In theory Tottenham should be able to secure a top 4 spot with their new team and Dortmund would be happy to land somewhere in the top 10.

------------Almunia
Sagna-Gallas-Senderos-Clichy
Walcott-Denilson-Diaby-Nasri
--------RvP-Adebayor

Adebayor running hard in the early stages. Maybe he heard the boos yesterday.

SupahBlah said:
Is he properly on the wings or drifting around?
He's mostly on the left, but he's popping up on the right and in the middle, too. Walcott is staying on the right with occasional moves down the middle.

Cedeo said:
Adebayor looking like a headless chicken
Don't know if anyone is surprised by that. Sort of his style along with the the frequent offsides.

Good to see RvP and Ade pressuring the backline as much as they are.

Diaby continues to get caught in possession. Seems like a no brainer right now to start Denilson w/ Fabregas unless Diaby gets his act together.

h0pper

only Fernando's ripe melons are good enough for me
Diaby is not ready, at all. He gives the ball away far too often. I'd like to see Wenger buy in the DMF position.

Everyone else looks decent. But, Adebayor and Theo both could've scored a few.

1-0 final on the Adebayor pk. Plenty of chances for Arsenal, but the finishing was a little off today. Passing looked great and the defending was solid through out.

What happens when we reach a new digit? There doesnt seem to be enough space

Views: 990,335

Also, in MLS land, 5 teams are tied with 22 points, and ther are 8 teams within 4 points of each other

I really can't see why Barcelona sold Dos Santos.

Berbatov has literally walked his way through the match, throwing his arms up like a misplaced pass is a personal insult. At this point sell him for 28M and get 2 quality players who will actually put effort in.

stotch

Banned
celestial body said:
Berbatov has literally walked his way through the match, throwing his arms up like a misplaced pass is a personal insult. At this point sell him for 28M and get 2 quality players who will actually put effort in.

Maybe they're waiting to see how Bent does before selling Berbatov.

Edit: What was the Bent saga last year? Did Jol just not like Bent? Can he be considered a first team player now?

GAF's flop of the year for the money they paid for him (16M) but really didn't play much with 3 other strikers, now that they'll potentially have none by August he's taking his chance well. Probably will be a starter unless they buy another striker and play 4-5-1 or variations of that.
Spurs still need someone to replace Zokora as a DMC.

Eeikod

celestial body said:
I really can't see why Barcelona sold Dos Santos.

He did a really good pre-season last year too. But underperformed horribly in La Liga.
I guess he broke down psychologically and couldnt perform at his best, constantly losing balls and missing targets. Being under Bojan's shadow doesnt help either.

lachesis

Thanks, Diaby for the reckless tackle which sidelines Sneider for at least 6 months - and possible season out.

Nice way to treat your "guests" who came in for good will. I really didn't even think much about winning or losing, as RM just started their pre-season about a week ago - but losing a key player for such long time for mere pre-season friendly, it boggles my mind of what the f**k Diaby was thinking, and why the f**k Wenger allowed such reckless run=ins.

Wenger "allowed" what?

WTF are you yapping about? That was a bad tackle by Diaby, no doubt, but i doubt Wenger told him to go out there and take fools down.

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
Diaby fucking sucks and I hate him.

Dos Santos was sold because they bought Hleb. Trading a rotten apple for a rotten orange really.

lachesis

velvet_nitemare said:
Wenger "allowed" what?

WTF are you yapping about? That was a bad tackle by Diaby, no doubt, but i doubt Wenger told him to go out there and take fools down.

perhaps you didn't follow much about Diaby's reckless plays throughout the match. me yapping? perhaps. Wenger probably didn't tell the players to mow down like that. But he certainly didn't stop them even after Sneider incident. That, in my book, he "allowed" them play rough. In a pre-season game, of all.

That's all. a freaking Pre-season game.

Current playoff matches based on PPG:

NE vs DC
CLB vs CHI

HOU vs TOR
RSL vs CHV

Quakes - Galaxy is about to start on Telefutura.

Galaxy
1 - Steve Cronin (GK)
3 - Greg Vanney
4 - Ante Jazic
7 - Chris Klein
10 - Landon Donovan
14 - Edson Buddle
21 - Alan Gordon
23 - David Beckham
26 - Ely Allen
28 - Sean Franklin
32 - Brandon McDonald

Quakes
1 - Joe Cannon (GK)
2 - Eric Denton
3 - Nick Garcia
5 - Ryan Cochrane
6 - Darren Huckerby
7 - Ronnie O'Brien
10 - Francisco Lima
12 - Ramiro Corrales
17 - Arturo Alvarez
21 - Jason Hernandez
33 - Scott Sealy

lachesis said:
perhaps you didn't follow much about Diaby's reckless plays throughout the match. me yapping? perhaps. Wenger probably didn't tell the players to mow down like that. But he certainly didn't stop them even after Sneider incident. That, in my book, he "allowed" them play rough. In a pre-season game, of all.

That's all. a freaking Pre-season game.

He lost the ball a lot and thus went in for 50/50 tackles... he played horribly no doubt, and some of his tackles were over the top, maybe in an effort to impress the manager now that there's a spot open in midfield, but to say Wenger "allowed" anything is bullshit. As a coach, you trust your player's judgment on what tackles to make and what to pull out of, and Diaby does not have a reputation as a dirty player or even a hard man.

lachesis

Interestingly, the player doesn't have much reputation as a good clean tackler. Actually he seems to have quite the opposite, in terms of his tackling ability.

Funny that when the tables change, (ie: Eduardo), this whole "trusting" player logic comes in... and his "trust" failed. horridly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom