• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Football Thread 2007/2008 (Soccer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Zoolaga said:
Hleb scores for Barcelona to make it 2-0 against Chivas.

Chivas isn't as good as Barcelona. Barcelona is just too good. Man, this must be a bad year for Chivas and L.A. Lakers (Chivas is huge in Los Angeles, mind you).

:lol

Great King Bowser

Property of Kaz Harai
Here you go Ronok

2730236686_1300e1c2a0.jpg

I believe I'm going to stare at this photo and dream it's like that Nike advert and Theo's calling me off the touchline to make my home debut...

Eeikod

That's awesome Bowser, I could only dream in sitting so close to the field at Nou Camp, first row seats are always full of old men past their 50s

h0pper

only Fernando's ripe melons are good enough for me
Eeikod said:
Hleb scored for Barça, 2-0 *kyukyukyu* :lol
End of the first half.

that sucks. he's blown his load already. I guess you'll have to wait til next year when he scores his 2nd.

Aalyx

Ronok said:
Anyway, that out of the way, I was at the game today and had an awesome time. It was a bit quieter then I would have hoped but that's mainly because Hamburg pretty much ended our chances of winning the cup in the last min of the game against Juve...
I went to Real Madrid V Hamburg & Arsenal V Juventus. (Not everyday I get to see them play) The atmosphere was awful that day too but I think it's mainly because of the amount of families. There was an epic mexican wave though, went around three times!

Also, where you're sitting is about where my brothers season ticket is, the atmosphere was awsome during the league in that section, got lots of "chant starters" there.

Now if only I could get a Man Utd. season ticket and a helicopter...:lol

Great King Bowser

Property of Kaz Harai
Ronok said:
>.< The account is private so I can't get to it. :(

Oh, bollocks. Give me a few hours to get the rest of my shit uploaded to flickr and I'll upload a hi-res of that to tinypic or something instead. God these uploads are slow. May I spam this thread with more photos? A photographer can't truly call himself a photographer unless he spams people with his photos so someone actually sees them.

Ronok

A2D said:
I went to Real Madrid V Hamburg & Arsenal V Juventus. (Not everyday I get to see them play) The atmosphere was awful that day too but I think it's mainly because of the amount of families. There was an epic mexican wave though, went around three times!

Also, where you're sitting is about where my brothers season ticket is, the atmosphere was awsome during the league in that section, got lots of "chant starters" there.

Now if only I could get a Man Utd. season ticket and a helicopter...:lol

Yeah, that's a really awesome section, as far as I know Red Action organised to sit there so loads of chant starters. That's why I got the seats there and as normal there were a lot, but, after about 30 mins it died down. Friendlies. :(

Last years Emirates Cup had a better atmosphere I think, but, even without the atmosphere it's a good day out considering the teams you see playing.

I wish I could even consider getting a season ticket. lol Even if I had the spare money it would take a long time. :(

Great King Bowser said:
Oh, bollocks. Give me a few hours to get the rest of my shit uploaded to flickr and I'll upload a hi-res of that to tinypic or something instead. God these uploads are slow. May I spam this thread with more photos? A photographer can't truly call himself a photographer unless he spams people with his photos so someone actually sees them.

Thanks a lot. :D

Definantly post some more pictures, quite a few people in this thread tend to appreciate them. :)

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
does any L.A. gaffer know where to buy Barcelona jersey T's??
Real jerseys not that fake shit from swapmeets.

(no online stores, please).

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Got back from the Colorado Rapids Vs. Everton game. Everton won 2-1 scoring first goal in the first 7 minutes, and the 2nd goal in the last 7.

Some real nice saves by Everton's Goalie and there were a TON of Everton fans in the stadium (and some disgruntled concession vendors annoyed that Everton brought no merchandise to sell). Colorado played well and was really dominating the offense the first half. 2nd half was a bit more well rounded.

Other than a father right in front of us who thought it wise to buy his 3 under 10 girls blow horns who had absolutely no interest in watching the game, my first Football game was enjoyable.

Steroyd

DSWii60 said:
Should we not get this thread archived? Longest thread ever etc.

A mod asked this a while ago, i think it was Sp0rsk while he was still a mod, He said it was going to get too big to be archived and asked us if we wanted to archive it then when it was still in the 60,000's.

Must remember to delete this off my subscription., goodbye 2007/2008 thread it's been a fun year. :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom