• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official FootballSoccerFútbol Thread 2009/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

faridmon

this weekend
Everton -Arsenal, I really can't wait.

I really hope Everton Wins so it can shut everybody's mouth about Man City.

and to show the Arse where their Arse are.

near

Gold Member
I still don't know how Arsenal plan on staying in the top 10, there squad looks like turd.
Everton should eat them up, and leave nothing but bones. :lol

Near said:
I still don't know how Arsenal plan on staying in the top 10, there squad looks like turd.
Everton should eat them up, and leave nothing but bones. :lol

Are you kidding? we'll finish at least 4th again this year.

near

Gold Member
DOBERMAN INC said:
Are you kidding? we'll finish at least 4th again this year.

You guys pretty much struggled last season. How on earth you going to survive without your only good defender Toure, and finisher Adebayor now? You have to be realistic this season. Man City will replace you.

Near said:
You guys pretty much struggled last season. How on earth you going to survive without your only good defender Toure, and finisher Adebayor now? You have to be realistic this season. Man City will replace you.

What? We started badly last season but finished the second half of the season really well.
Bendtner will have to get his act together but overall we did not suffer as big a loss as people are assuming.Plus now with Arshavin here all season long we have more attacking options I am really optimistic about this season.The only problem will be the injuries.

GQman2121

Banned
Oh My GOD! This shit is on ESPN 2 right now, in HD no less!!! Where am I!?!?!?!?

edit: :lol the game is on here in the states, but is not listed on the menu guide. Browning Outdoors is supposed to be on. Hillbillies must be pissed right now.

near

Gold Member
DOBERMAN INC said:
What? We started badly last season but finished the second half of the season really well.
Bendtner will have to get his act together but overall we did not suffer as big a loss as people are assuming.Plus now with Arshavin here all season long we have more attacking options I am really optimistic about this season.The only problem will be the injuries.

I'm not sure what Wenger sees in Bendtner, and for he's sake I hope he shows he's worth but so far Bendtner has only demonstrated that he is shit. van Persie will continue to struggle until Henry comes to rescue him, considering those were the only days I actually loved watching van Persie play. From the midfield Arsenal are strong, that's where most of the good football will come from, but if you can't pair that with a solid defense, and strike force, it's pointless.

Near said:
I'm not sure what Wenger sees in Bendtner, and for he's sake I hope he shows he's worth but so far Bendtner has only demonstrated that he is shit. van Persie will continue to struggle until Henry comes to rescue him, considering those were the only days I actually loved watching van Persie play. From the midfield Arsenal are strong, that's where most of the good football will come from, but if you can't pair that with a solid defense, and strike force, it's pointless.

I agree with that,We do need to strengthen our defence,But I still thing we can challenge with what we have.Anything more I think just raises our profile.

That being said Everton will be a tough game today.

near

Gold Member
DOBERMAN INC said:
I agree with that,We do need to strengthen our defence,But I still thing we can challenge with what we have.Anything more I think just raises our profile.

That being said Everton will be a tough game today.

We'll see. I hope you start Vermaelen, I want to see what he can do.
It's going to be interesting to see what Wenger does to the formation.

GQman2121

Banned
drogba3.jpg

faridmon

Meadows said:
Oh dear Drogba

EDIT: I'll be posting in this thread a lot so I'll state my affiliation :p, I'm a Liverpool fan.
lets be clear here, as an Everton fan, I don't hate Liverpool. so lets coexists and post lot of posts damn it the thread is dying.

Arsenal is going to have a tough season, and its going to start today.

Eveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeertoooooooooooooooooooooooooon

faridmon

How low has Deco fallen, he used to be an important foootball figure in both Porto and Barca, now he looks happy to be just a sub in chelski

chico

Hamburg - Dortmund 4 goals in the first 12 minutes. the last time this happened was 1988!

great game! were leading 3:1 and are dominating the game. very nice! first 45 min were better than anything i watched when fat Jol was coach.

faridmon

Man City, West Ham and Fulham are doing what the are supposed to be doing.

Aston Villa on the other hand :lol

and Bayern is having a challenging start to the season. Bremen should win that match.

Irritatingly Burnley are 2-0 down against Stoke by the usual means. Burnley are like my second team. They play some lovely football well above their player's apparent ability. However, as Stoke are showing today, they may lack a little steel/height at the back.

COME ON BURNLEY!!

R-volution

Neo Member
What a shit first half, it was a cracking goal but still gah damn. We need all three points so hopefully two goals in the second half.

R-volution said:
Well that was fucking terrible.

Agreed...I was close to tears.

Young needs to play better, he was a ball hog today...Shorey didn't look great either, and we might as well have played down a man with the amount of involvement Petrov had.

Terrible

woodchuck said:
why dont you guys take the initiative and make one!

I made one up, it is on premierleague.com

neoGAF Premier
The league id is: 285285

let me know if there are any problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom