• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Killzone 2 (PS3) Reveal Thread E307 - DELIVERS! (All info in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dibbz

McLovin said:
What the hell is up with his nose? It looks like his face has a boner :/
2237529128_8e80aa1bfa_o.jpg

VonGak!

Banned
Snidely Whiplash said:
Pretty much. Those fucking triggers are awful.

Why would you use the DS3/Sixaxis "triggers" for firring?

Rhetorical question, does pressing harder on a gun trigger make a gun shoot different! The R1 and L1 buttons works great.

Ello

Snidely Whiplash said:
:lol No thanks. I'd rather stick to the way I've been shooting in games for years. What are those shitty triggers there for if they aren't meant to be used for FPS's?

Driving games? I'm sure they can be used in a good way in other games as well, or do FPS games have exclusive rights on the "triggers"?

Firewire

Banned
AAK said:
Why was this thread bumped? Those concept art screens are really old.

Nothing needs to be added for this thread to get bumped!

This is where the glory that is Killzone2 lives, we are summoned to it on a regular basis to bask in its beauty & awe inspiring design!

Clinton514

Snidely Whiplash said:
:lol No thanks. I'd rather stick to the way I've been shooting in games for years. What are those shitty triggers there for if they aren't meant to be used for FPS's?
So you've never played a console shooter before 2001? :|

Ello said:
Driving games? I'm sure they can be used in a good way in other games as well, or do FPS games have exclusive rights on the "triggers"?
No matter what type of game they're used in the design of the triggers is still awful.

VonGak!

Banned
Snidely Whiplash said:

Where analogue input actually makes a difference, like acceleration and breaking or even screen tilting.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
MercuryLS said:
It would have to have a controller that didn't fucking suck for FPS's to take that crown.

Just use a mouse and keyboard.

Is it possible with Res 1?

Firewire said:
I've played lots of games using L2 & R2 on the sixaxis and my fingers have never slipped off.
That's good for you. The design is still awful, why isn't there a dip in the trigger where your finger fits perfectly like on the 360 controller? If they made that one little revision the controller would be perfectly fine.

tha_con

Banned
Snidely Whiplash said:
Yes because my fingers don't slide off the triggers every 4 seconds.

Get thinner fingers, lose your titan grip, and stop making shit up.

Very few people let their fingers slip off the triggers, you're just making that up. Honestly, you are used to having to force the triggers down on the 360, which are INSANELY stiff, vs the lighter DS3 (or Sixaxis) triggers, which have much more GIVE but are also much EASIER to use for long durations of time.

Basically, you're just trolling here. It's pretty obvious. Do us all a favor, leave. We get your opinion, and no one cares :) Bye!

Is there some inherit FPS effectiveness increase for triggers against shoulder buttons that I'm not aware of?

I can understand the ideal concept for something like say a racer when such a wide range of pressing and holding relates to acceleration, breaking, reverse, ect, but for something as instantaneous as shooting in most FPS, what makes it more effective than shoulder presses that it would come off as laughable to compare?

With X360 and it's design it's more comfortable to use the triggers, with the PS3's it's just more comfortable to use L1 and R1 shoulders.

tha_con said:
Get thinner fingers, lose your titan grip, and stop making shit up.

Very few people let their fingers slip off the triggers, you're just making that up. Honestly, you are used to having to force the triggers down on the 360, which are INSANELY stiff, vs the lighter DS3 (or Sixaxis) triggers, which have much more GIVE but are also much EASIER to use for long durations of time.

Basically, you're just trolling here. It's pretty obvious. Do us all a favor, leave. We get your opinion, and no one cares :) Bye!
:lol :lol :lol :lol Four lols for you. Sorry if I have adult size hands and non-limp wrists. The triggers are not easier to use for longer durations of time because I keep having to put my fingers back on them every few seconds in Motorstorm or Burnout, it's annoying and distracting. It sucks when your in the middle of a race and your car starts slowing down because your finger slipped of the R2 button, thanks to the shitty design.

Firewire

Banned
Snidely Whiplash said:
That's good for you. The design is still awful, why isn't there a dip in the trigger where your finger fits perfectly like on the 360 controller? If they made that one little revision the controller would be perfectly fine.

Have you looked into any other manufacturers controllers for the PS3? Maybe you can find a solution that way.

Snah

Banned
MercuryLS said:
Nah I'm pretty sure the controller sucks for FPS games.

Nah, pretty sure you haven't really played any of them extensively (Resistance, and especially CoD4).

Doesn't suck for FPS games at all.

Firewire said:
Have you looked into any other manufacturers controllers for the PS3? Maybe you can find a solution that way.
There is a MadCatz controller that seems to have the type of triggers that I would like but since it's MadCatz I question the quality.

Firewire

Banned
Snidely Whiplash said:
There is a MadCatz controller that seems to have the type of triggers that I would like but since it's MadCatz I question the quality.

Never used a MadCatz controller, have you checked to see if there are any reviews for it?

VonGak!

Banned
AAK said:
Why was this thread bumped? Those concept art screens are really old.

The thread wasn't bumped for the concept art but because of a comment made by EON at the official KZ2 board.

There's nothing wrong in having one thread to debate expectations for KZ2 and small news instead of having 10's of small threads.

BTW why are you clicking on this thread when you obviously know that there will be created a brand new one as soon as GG/Sony opens for the press flood? ^.^ Do not complain just to complain.

Snah

Banned
Snidely Whiplash said:

R1 works perfectly for firing.

I'd say that the triggers work better for games where you have to hold down a button for a long time (racers), so your finger doesn't get tired. The triggers are actually pretty good at that, as they don't require much pressure.

Firewire

Banned
Snidely Whiplash said:
Read some reviews and most seem to be complaining about quality issues.

I think there is some kind of "chill" one from Logitech, you might like that one. Its supposed to have the classic style shoulders I think.

Firewire said:
I think there is some kind of "chill" one from Logitech, you might like that one. Its supposed to have the classic style shoulders I think.
Just looked it up and the triggers look like they are designed exactly like the Sixaxis ones. :(

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
VonGak! said:
The Nazi aspect haven't really been done in Games, it will be interesting if KZ2 will be able to capture it (essentially the opening video of the first game).

Oh and let's hope this concept passes through too:

EDIT: Had to re-host
http://xs124.xs.to/xs124/08056/hubba896.jpg[//////IMG][/QUOTE]

well , i want some civilians in Killzone 2 ( Helghast civilians ) specially that the action in Killzone2 will be going in Helghast towns , not only in the levels but in the story too , it's sad that most of shooters don't put civilians in levels ( Resistance , COD4 ..ect ) something like what in Splinter Cell Double Agent/Hal-life 1/2 won't be bad at all , this will make the game more realistic and not like MP mode .

VonGak!

Banned
Totobeni said:
well , i want some civilians in Killzone 2 ( Helghast civilians ) specially that the action in Killzone2 will be going in Helghast towns , not only in the levels but in the story too , it's sad that most of shooters don't put civilians in levels ( Resistance , COD4 ..ect ) something like what in Splinter Cell Double Agent/Hal-life 1/2 won't be bad at all , this will make the game more realistic and not like MP mode .

Exactly, this is why I'm for the first time hyped about a SC title (that and because the environment seems to be highly interactive).

Dibbz

Clinton514 said:
Anyhow, let's forget one dude's dislike for the controller and have a good laugh at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3K8qAstrKQ

Apparently the explosions are "haggard" and everything about Killzone 2 is "weak" :lol
Havn't finished watching it but :lol

Lighting looks like its from a Playstation2Xbox game :eek:

This guy is just talking out of his ass. I mean wtf does "The animations for most of the enviroments are weak" even mean?! Yeah look at how rubbish that wall walks :/

He throws in a few key words bump mapping, volumetric 'stuff' so it sounds like he knows what he's banging on about.

Anyways back to watching it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom