• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: We Know DOTA

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
GG Pistol. I was testing out some blitzes against obvious out route passes but I couldn't get there in time. Guess those plays aren't worth running as it keeps my defense exposed. Couldn't believe I hit the wrong damn button on 3rd down at the goal line. TE wide open. :x Oh well.

I think the stream worked which is good!
Do any of you guys shade with your corners? I think that it's a placebo. Has never made a difference for me even when I know what's coming.

Do any of you guys shade with your corners? I think that it's a placebo. Has never made a difference for me even when I know what's coming.

I do this all the time and sometimes I'm like "Yeah! He cut off his route!" and other times it's "Motherfucker didn't do what I asked and I saw it coming!"

Not sure what it really does...

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
What is Serial exactly, is it a story told through podcasts?

It's essentially the opening up of a cold case in podcast form. They (The Serial team) pour through every detail sometimes in far too deep detail. It is the most popular podcast out now, and has been for some time.

eznark

Banned
It's like Nightline in podcast form right? Never really seemed terribly interesting to me, but I don't really enjoy cop shows or that stuff either.

LJ11

Shading is hit or miss, it won't work 100% of the time, used to do it a lot more but it's hard to get "everything" in. I would individually shade in man all the time.

Realized this morning that I missed the playoffs for the first time since joining. :(

Hope we play another one.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Damn I get DM on his revenge tour. From potential #1 overall seed to bounced out of the playoffs in the first round. The story of my Madden career.

eznark

Banned
I might not go, it's a full week. I can accomplish the same things by going to Chapel Hill later that month. Curious what the weather is like up there though in October. The tourism director is trying to tell me that it's not yet cold in October but that sounds like bullshit.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I might not go, it's a full week. I can accomplish the same things by going to Chapel Hill later that month. Curious what the weather is like up there though in October. The tourism director is trying to tell me that it's not yet cold in October but that sounds like bullshit.

The bold tells you all you need to know.

Mrbob

Yeah I tell my cbs to watch outside all the time. It never works. I just assumed it was because my defensive players are bad.

Shading is hit or miss, it won't work 100% of the time, used to do it a lot more but it's hard to get "everything" in. I would individually shade in man all the time.

Realized this morning that I missed the playoffs for the first time since joining. :(

Hope we play another one.
I wish I could give you my playoff spot. I'd rather have a higher draft pick anyway. I'm pretty certain we will go at least one more season.

brentech

I wish I could give you my playoff spot. I'd rather have a higher draft pick anyway. I'm pretty certain we will go at least one more season.

Unless every player currently in the league drops 20 speed, I don't see how we don't finish one or even two more seasons.

Weather mostly, is it freezing by the end of October?

It's really not that bad in October, but yeah you should see freezing weather by the end of the month. I lived there for 4 years and I think we had snow on the ground for Halloween 3 of those years. You are from Wisconsin so you should be fine! The thing about Anchorage is its right on the water and the ocean currents are 'warm' so they keep the temperature reasonable. If you plan on spending a lot of time on the interior of Alaska though (gotta goto denali national park!)... like around fairbanks and shit. It gets cold as fuck.

Are you just trying to avoid the snow?

Mrbob

So I bought the Tales From Borderlands season pass on XB1 and it doesn't even register as a purchase for me in game. Thanks Telltale!

LJ11

Yeah I tell my cbs to watch outside all the time. It never works. I just assumed it was because my defensive players are bad.

I wish I would have pounded you when we played and earned a birth, but alas I took an L. Man I scrapped my entire draft plans just to beef up on back seven to stop the stuff you ran on me in the playoffs and here I sit.

Also, that fucking dive suction tackle is the biggest load of shit in this game. AZ got me with it a few times last night and I was hitting the ceiling. How do I do that consistently to my opponents?

Greg

I wish I would have pounded you when we played and earned a birth, but alas I took an L. Man I scrapped my entire draft plans just to beef up on back seven to stop the stuff you ran on me in the playoffs and here I sit.

Also, that fucking dive suction tackle is the biggest load of shit in this game. AZ got me with it a few times last night and I was hitting the ceiling. How do I do that consistently to my opponents?
drives me mad on outside runs when you can clearly make the sidelines or the defender has a bad angle on the carrier and gets rewarded with that bullshit

there's even those times where the defender doesn't even have to choose between playing the QB or the RB - just run in between both of them and jam on the X button to let the game do the rest for you

If the runner is in the tackle cone, all you have to do is hit X. And the cone is fucking huge so yeah.

LJ11

drives me mad on outside runs when you can clearly make the sidelines or the defender has a bad angle on the carrier and gets rewarded with that bullshit

there's even those times where the defender doesn't even have to choose between playing the QB or the RB - just run in between both of them and jam on the X button to let the game do the rest for you

Yeah, it drives me nuts.

If the runner is in the tackle cone, all you have to do is hit X. And the cone is fucking huge so yeah.

Ah, I have that off, it explains why my guys slow down when I hit X, as if they're loading up for the tackle, another thing drives me nuts. Or maybe they just suck.

brentech

It had and adverse affect in my game against FMT. My guy pull him in on a punt return. Then his guy ran with me draped on him for a few yards to the right. Entire team followed, then he broke the tackle and housed it.

Never fails.

LJ11

I'm kind of getting into MUT a bit, it's a fucking grind but I think it's the only way I'll play outside of league games. Running around with Bo Jackson is fun. Got an Elite Denard, who I liked a lot as an entertaining amateur QB, thought would be a RB and not a WR when he came out too.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'

There's a tackle cone? I learn something new about this game every day.

That's my favorite part about this league, all the adjustments some guys make. There's always another layer or two when playing certain guys and it keeps the game very high level, others are so good on the sticks that it doesn't matter wtf they call.

brentech

There's a tackle cone? I learn something new about this game every day.

That's my favorite part about this league, all the adjustments some guys make. There's always another layer or two when playing certain guys and it keeps the game very high level, others are so good on the sticks that it doesn't matter wtf they call.

1st season everyone had to have it turned on otherwise the game would de-sync. They finally patched the game and I don't think it mattered in season two. I still just leave it on, but I seriously don't notice it at all

Greg

I have it off as well, but the mechanics behind it are always there regardless

the visual was more of a distraction to me when switching between players really fast

Greg

having connection troubles? first invite dropped, second said connection was lost after kickoff

I invited you if you want to try that

Top Bottom