• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: We Know DOTA

BigAT

There's a tackle cone? I learn something new about this game every day.

That's my favorite part about this league, all the adjustments some guys make. There's always another layer or two when playing certain guys and it keeps the game very high level, others are so good on the sticks that it doesn't matter wtf they call.

I should scan some of my notebook pages someday. I'm sure the "scouting reports" look like absolutely gibberish and nonsense with no context behind them.

I know you used to keep a notebook too, right? Still do that at all?

brentech

Got that fantasy football Dota hat money.

Been playing a lot of Diablo 3 lately, along with a small addiction to driveclub challenges. (Which I'm not that great at, but like improving my time and getting to the middle of the rankings)

Maybe some mid day dotes shortly

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I should scan some of my notebook pages someday. I'm sure the "scouting reports" look like absolutely gibberish and nonsense with no context behind them.

No.

I have a huge Evernote file.

Mrbob

Entourage movie trailer is dope. I'm in. Don't even care if the movie is just an hour and a half episode, I'm fine with that.

The movie is done already and has been testing really well. Mark Mark wants to start a sequel already before the first one is out. Shame we have to wait until June for it.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'

No.

I have a huge Evernote file.

Yes I am quoting myself, just going to be more specific.

The evernote file contains a running log of plays people run either in games against me or that I can see via streams. I am kinda pissed I haven't been able to get my own streams to work since that would make my job easier.

At the top I break down tendencies and then the rest of it is a log for those that I care to keep track of. I passed around a half of defensive calls from someone in the playoffs in the NFC because frankly it's a little absurd.

The longest set of notes comes in when I see a play call but it doesn't look like what happens on screen or the player has obvious tells. Using myself as an example, I come to the LOS with a play, if I like the defense I'll roll with it as designed. If I somewhat like the D I will make a few adjustments on some of the routes. If the defense is not advantageous, I sometimes check to a run, a different pass play altogether, or I sit and change every route individually. Madden is good like that in that it allows a pretty large set of combinations from a base set of plays. I wish I could set actual audibles within the specific formations rather than the vanilla stuff they give, but you can't have it all I guess.

Offensive audibles and hots are normal, almost everyone in the league makes those. Where I have been making hay all season is identifying the "Go to" defensive plays for guys. The 3rd and longs, 3rd and shorts, and goal to go. Those are the ones that if I can beat, I win. Further, very few people get up to the LOS on defense and make any changes aside from directing the DL or shifting parts of their front 7. What you see as the play call is what you get.

Aside from the past few games where I have made some flat out wrong reads for various reasons, this has been the best season of passing I have ever had in the history of our playing together. It's also the first time I have the top offense in the league. (Assuming I stay there).

--------------------------------------------------
The answer to your questions is yes, I am extremely obsessive with everything. I have an engineer's personality.

Sokantish

Yes I am quoting myself, just going to be more specific.

The answer to your questions is yes, I am extremely obsessive with everything. I have an engineer's personality.

Man... I wish put this much effort into Madden :( You make me look like I don't even care about Madden, but I LOVE MADDEN! Ask Greg, he knows

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
wellie would be a perfect ppd for our doto team

Why won't you play dota with us? :(

Some of the guys here may remember that I used to play Kohan with the guys in #ga. It became TOO much of an obsession.

Dude anything with numbers, formulas, dice rolls, whatever is a problem for me.

Thats never happened! Thats a lie!

The checks you hear are the offensive line protection schemes.

Some of the guys here may remember that I used to play Kohan with the guys in #ga. It became TOO much of an obsession.

Dude anything with numbers, formulas, dice rolls, whatever is a problem for me.

The checks you hear are the offensive line protection schemes.

Yeah dota would probably become a severe addiction for you... Noob madden-gaf has probably played a few thousand games between all of us (probably close to 10,000 hours of in game time) and we are still learning new shit all the time. The game is so incredibly deep. I don't think you ever master it :(

I'm on a 30 for 30 marathon. I love you netflix

Yeah but does it love you back?

DCX

DCX

I had one..still do for the draft and off season stuff.

DCX

DCX

DCX
Anyone around to AP Jabee? He won't be around due to Christmas stuff and told me to go ahead and play the computer.

DCX

BigAT

Yeah but what about the Bo Jackson one, BigAT?

The one about how overrated he was?

Turns out I threw out most of my notes, I did find this random page lying around though:

mQVYTIk.jpg

brentech

Yeesh.

The only notes i ever took were on my draft boards for a few seasons
That's what I do. Notes on my phone in order of what picks I intend to take if available.

Explains a lot though. AT stopped playing when he discovered vagina dota.

I should start keeping notes like that. I kind of mentally keep notes about certain things but I think if I wrote it out with an idea of how to attack shit I would be a little better than mediocre :(

My problem mostly is being stubborn with my throws. sometimes shit doesn't work, got to let it go!

Cincinnati (2)
AFC DRotY Ishmael Hester
AFC Best DL Geno Atkins

Denver (1)
AFC ORotY Boris Reeves

Cleveland (1)
AFC Best K Dustin Hopkins

Tampa Bay (1)
NFC Best DL
Michael Johnson

Kansas City (1)
AFC Best DB Eric Berry