• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

BigAT

It's pretty terrible

I'm still desperately trying to figure out why they would put that out and encourage people to play it? They even incentivized people to download the demo with that whole summon unlock aspect to it.

I'm not sure what's worse, that the demo is completely unrepresentative of the actual game and they inexplicably put it out for some reason or that FF15 is actually like that.

Somnia

I'm still desperately trying to figure out why they would put that out and encourage people to play it? They even incentivized people to download the demo with that whole summon unlock aspect to it.

I'm not sure what's worse, that the demo is completely unrepresentative of the actual game and they inexplicably put it out for some reason or that FF15 is actually like that.

The first part, the entire first section before you become an "adult" is 100% unrealistic and clearly a tech demo.

The final fight is a lot better if you find the hidden weapon and shurikens and start comboing. You can also unlock a harder/higher level final boss which is fun to play around with.

They should have updated the demo that came with Type-0 with the more finalized graphics, new ui and new combat and put that out instead as it's much more representative of the final game.

DJ Bowser

I just made an offer an a townhome!

There is already a contract but the buyer's credit score is below community standards and will require approval... I hope it gets denied.

I'm adulting and shit.

conquest has the "one more turn" thing going for it. I've captured half of America, grinded at the beginning but I'm simming a lot more now

yes we are
Been simming all of it except when u have to take the main city. Then I restart and go a different direction cause I abandoned my defense. Working in the west coast ATM.

I'm trying to take every piece of land, I bet there's something you get for that. hopefully not some trash where you have to do it twice

I have like four big fights to do when I come back: about to take chicago Milwaukee Houston and texas. it feels nice getting 60+ reinforcements

BigAT

What's so bad about it?

-the first three quarters of the demo is like a Sega Saturn tier platformer with collecting yellow orbs
-the weapon they give you is a children's hammer that does no damage and makes an obnoxious squeaky noise when you hit with it
-90% of the enemies in the demo are so passive and barely acknowledge your presence that it's hard to even call them enemies
-the combat primarily consists of either holding circle to auto-attack or holding square to auto-dodge enemy attacks
-you play as the main character as a child
-you never have any other party members
-the summon that you have does nothing but heal you occasionally with a boring animation
-the dialog in the demo primarily consists of a catbird squeaking nonsense at you that you then read as texts on your shitty cell phone
-the dialog is some of the most ham-fisted, poorly written drivel I have seen
-nearly every button you can activate in the demo doesn't actually serve any purpose to progress you
-it has the audacity to ask if you want to buy FF15 after you beat it.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I haven't played a FF since X. I heard XII was good, but never got around to trying it.

It's strange, FFXIII was pretty average, but I enjoyed it enough to finish it.

I remember liking what I played of XII, but, pretty sure I hit a point, stopped, and that was the last time I played it. Just didn't like (or understand) the plot.

XV, only thing I've liked about it, is it's tech/look. Fantastic looking trailers, though I doubt that the PS4 version 1 can play it adequately (after playing this recent demo). But I have no interest in the story as presented. Kingdoms, prince and princesses...meh. Maybe the road trip with buddies will turn out ok, even though the guys are pretty...anime.

DCX

DCX
AFC Championship:

Colts (12-4) VS Browns (10-6)

@ Indy

NFC Championship:

Rams (12-4) VS Falcons (11-5)

@ St Louis

Should be good matchups!!

DCX

I just made an offer an a townhome!

There is already a contract but the buyer's credit score is below community standards and will require approval... I hope it gets denied.

I'm adulting and shit.
Congrats man i hope you get it! My wife and i are looking to by iur first home here soon as well, we are saving for a little longer but any general advice?

BigAT

No more Madden to stream? Have no fear, how about an even better game!
tumblr_ml1doskBXE1rrftcdo1_500.gif

https://www.twitch.tv/bigehtee

DJ Bowser

Congrats man i hope you get it! My wife and i are looking to by iur first home here soon as well, we are saving for a little longer but any general advice?
Be patient and keep all your relevant paperwork. W2s, tax returns, and pay stubs.

I'm lucky that my agent is one of my best friend's mother so she's invested in making sure I end up happy.

I'm sure the housing market up there is different than Florida. Here I've been repeatedly frustrated by places I was interested in being immediately scooped up by investors paying cash.

Ferny

Be patient and keep all your relevant paperwork. W2s, tax returns, and pay stubs.

I'm lucky that my agent is one of my best friend's mother so she's invested in making sure I end up happy.

I'm sure the housing market up there is different than Florida. Here I've been repeatedly frustrated by places I was interested in being immediately scooped up by investors paying cash.
Orlando is the worst for cash offers. I was trying for a solid 6 months to buy a house and unless I was willing to drop at least 90k-100k in cash, I wasn't gonna get what I wanted. Decided to rent for a little longer and try in another area.

the whole housing market is a scam. i bought my 2nd house a couple years back and it already increased about 100k in value... but what does that even mean? its just made up nonsense money i guess unless you're planning on selling it/flipping it. but then you'd have to buy another house, which will also have increased in value, so you aren't really making money (unless you move from los angeles to out in the middle of nowhere!)

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
NXT was rad.

I didnt think i would be calling anything wrestling related rad in 2016, but here we are.

TheCrow

I played some SEA doto. I just noticed I can pick Spec for an easy win. I can 1v5 late game. :)

Wait, so do you have a different client? Me and shake were wondering why we didn't even see the SEA servers ingame.

Btw, we're gonna go for the entire TI so I'll be flying in on August 7 and leaving on the 14th. Oh and we should all try to buy 3 tickets once they go on sale. Trying to avoid a repeat of last year when me and shake had to get ours second hand.

Rorschach

Wait, so do you have a different client? Me and shake were wondering why we didn't even see the SEA servers ingame.
Weird... I see SEA, JPN, INDIA, RUS, AUS, USW, DUBAI, EURE, EURW, USE, PERU, SOUTH AFRIKA.

BOBO BOBO ME MID BOBO AW AW BOBO ME MID MINE RUNE MINE RUNE ME MID BOBO AW AW CN CN
Btw, we're gonna go for the entire TI so I'll be flying in on August 7 and leaving on the 14th. Oh and we should all try to buy 3 tickets once they go on sale. Trying to avoid a repeat of last year when me and shake had to get ours second hand.
Sounds good.

[edit]
@Valve: Can you guys create a server which pits the russian, pinoy and peruvian low-priority pool against each other, with a weekly recap of the most memorable ingame chats and games?
lol

DCX

DCX
Can we have someone advance the league please. LJ, I can play as soon as we Vance and most of the day and night.

DCX

Top Bottom