• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
FMT doesnt even have time to play dota. He isnt making personnel decisions!

Im deciding who gets the last spots in 1v1 Smash online.

brentech

It's kind of hilarious when Curry doesn't get the call as he intentially jumps into a player instead of just taking his natural shot and making it.

Was really hoping GS was going to close this out in 6. Should've known the NBA would've helped getting it to 7. Now I'm going to miss the last game since I'll be at Disney.

Game 1 reactions
Momentum and body language and all that is a big thing. One of Cleveland's very few win conditions is if Klay/Steph go ice cold. They did, and still lost. It has to be demoralizing.

I'm pretty sure we all have a good idea.

Before last night I said GS in 7.

Now it's GS in 5.

I've been saying GS in 5 the last couple days though I wasn't sure, but after last night I am. The fact GS won the way they did with Steph and Klay not even playing that good just shows how much better GS is as a team.

I'll believe this when I see a game that looks competitive for more than 5 total minutes.

Uh, were the Cavs ever up more than a single point in the third? It's not like they had a real lead of any significance ever.

You say people are overreacting after game 1, but it's not just the result of that game, it's also everyone's expectations leading up to the series.

You're basing it off one game. My argument is that I think alot of people expected this even before that. I was telling AT in game 6 of the Thunder/Warriors series that either of these teams were going to poop all over the cavs

LUL

#PheeTheGod

#PheeWasRight

but also

#PheeWasWrong

he told me cle would blow this game after going up big and would not even entertain a world in which the cavs win a championship. dark times may be ahead for phee :(

Phee said the Warriors were going to win 4-1.

dont ruin my fun you asshole
rage.gif

brentech

Game 1 reactions

LUL

#PheeTheGod

I didn't need game one to have that reaction. GS a better team by a country mile. Still have to play like it. Cavs seem to have found the Thunder's method of hard defense, but really have to have monster games from Lebron and Kyrie to have any chance at all.
GS can win it with just a good offensive game. Cavs have to have it all go right.

I don't have an invested interest in basketball teams, but as I said last year, it'd be cool to see Cleveland do something positive.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I was looking through some pictures I had on my photobucket and found this:

RHxy6Wd.jpg

LITTLE DID I KNOW

brentech

My office ps4 starting ejecting discs at random. I wouldn't care if it didn't make the fucking beeping noise.
Just opened it up and tightened this manual eject service screw. Hopefully that solves it. =/
Destiny PS4 breaking my heart

BigAT

My office ps4 starting ejecting discs at random. I wouldn't care if it didn't make the fucking beeping noise.
Just opened it up and tightened this manual eject service screw. Hopefully that solves it. =/

I think that's a common-ish problem? I've definitely heard of it happening to people before. Thankfully have yet to experience it myself.
Maybe because I haven't had a disc in my PS4 in a couple months.

brentech

So it all started after I brought this ps4 to the living room. This screw isn't your standard tightening screw, it just spins either direction as its used to push the disk out during maintence. It's possible it spun when I moved it and was stuck in that position.

Testing now and so far it hasn't done it again. I just turned it clockwise three times. You just slide the top off, but don't have to take anything apart to do it. So kind of nice if this stays fixed

BigAT

So it all started after I brought this ps4 to the living room. This screw isn't your standard tightening screw, it just spins either direction as its used to push the disk out during maintence. It's possible it spun when I moved it and was stuck in that position.

Testing now and so far it hasn't done it again. I just turned it clockwise three times. You just slide the top off, but don't have to take anything apart to do it. So kind of nice if this stays fixed

Have you considered the possibility that maybe all of your electronics just hate you?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Was really hoping GS was going to close this out in 6. Should've known the NBA would've helped getting it to 7. Now I'm going to miss the last game since I'll be at Disney.

Warriors look shook. Not sure what the fuck Ayesha is talking about, they made only 40% of their shots. Her boy Chef Curry was 8-20, Klay was 9-21 - can't win with those numbers - sorry. Game 5 they made 36% of their shots lols.

The key to game 7 is the same as it has been for the others, clogging up the passing lanes and Irving has to get going early then I see the Cavs winning. He was hot in the first quarter then cooled off considerably.

Somnia

This happened to a few people I know, all had to remove that rubber piece under the PS4 and that fixed the problem most of the time but it still happens.

Sony has a great system, but their hardware and controllers have had some issues this generation... no red ring of death levels, but still issues.

brentech

If turning the screw doesn't work permanently, I'll send it in for repair. I have a second system, was just moving this one because it has everything installed on it while my normal living room unit is basically a bluray player at this point.
Have family in town and figured my brother might want to play some MLB/NBA/UFC while our wives are at the baby shower.

If turning the screw doesn't work permanently, I'll send it in for repair. I have a second system, was just moving this one because it has everything installed on it while my normal living room unit is basically a bluray player at this point.
Have family in town and figured my brother might want to play some MLB/NBA/UFC while our wives are at the baby shower.

You and your brother should have a session where you watch Livin' Da Dream

Somnia

So now that E3 is over I've been looking over what's coming this year that I'm going to buy.

For Sure: Madden, No Man's Sky, Final Fantasy XV, Deus Ex, Last Guardian, Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1 (on pc).

Maybes: World of Final Fantasy (if I can turn off Chibi mode), I Am Setsuna (apparently very Chrono Trigger like), Call of Duty, Gears 4 (on pc, this depends if the w10 port is good or not).

There's indie games I want too but theyre cheap so don't think much about them.

Sokantish

So now that E3 is over I've been looking over what's coming this year that I'm going to buy.

For Sure: Madden, No Man's Sky, Final Fantasy XV, Deus Ex, Last Guardian, Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1 (on pc).

Maybes: World of Final Fantasy (if I can turn off Chibi mode), I Am Setsuna (apparently very Chrono Trigger like), Call of Duty, Gears 4 (on pc, this depends if the w10 port is good or not).

There's indie games I want too but theyre cheap so don't think much about them.

Oh dang thanks for letting me know of the existence of I Am Setsuna. Only a month away!

Top Bottom