• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread: DOTA says

Smokey

So many clunky things about the MUT interface just make it annoying as fuck. Why can I not remove a guy from the lineup from the auction house?

Menus are already super slow and cumbersome, having to go back and forth between them is killing my interest already!

Crimson and i have been talking about this in chat. They could make it wayyyy more intuitive. An easy example: why do i have to exit a solo challenge to play the next or replay a challenge i lost? Why cant i do these things immediately from the end game screen?

Also pro tip...suspend the ps4 from within ultimate team or wherever. Saves so much time and bypasses all the i intro bs.

TheCrow

Road to 4k Update
Got my first troll/feeder. He literally picked troll and was useless. Would've preferred if he abandoned since he just banked 5k gold instead of buying items. Oh well. Besides that I'm 3-0 since shake joined rors in limbo.
tears.gif

BigAT

Road to 4k Update
Got my first troll/feeder. He literally picked troll and was useless. Would've preferred if he abandoned since he just banked 5k gold instead of buying items. Oh well. Besides that I'm 3-0 since shake joined rors in limbo.
tears.gif

What MMR are starting from now for your journey?

brentech

So many clunky things about the MUT interface just make it annoying as fuck. Why can I not remove a guy from the lineup from the auction house?

Menus are already super slow and cumbersome, having to go back and forth between them is killing my interest already!

Yeah, unfortunately that is exactly what kills my will to play the mode every year after a while. Adding guys to collections has become a easier, even then, you can't click from the card and go into the collection to see what else you need....but adding the card straight to collection is basically the only improvement in the menu clusterfuck I can think of over the last 3 years.

Greg

Crimson and i have been talking about this in chat. They could make it wayyyy more intuitive. An easy example: why do i have to exit a solo challenge to play the next or replay a challenge i lost? Why cant i do these things immediately from the end game screen?

Also pro tip...suspend the ps4 from within ultimate team or wherever. Saves so much time and bypasses all the i intro bs.
even though it makes sense to have it, I'm guessing however they implemented all the syncing of contacts/coins stops that from happening

a restart/next button would burn contracts, so they'd need a lot more checks happening while you're playing

and I think anything they can do to push you back to the main menu is an opportunity for a sale, so...

Apparently with draft champions you can enter a game and quit and a few minutes later you can redo it...though I wish you could simply just say start over

And yeah there's really not many choices out there in the end. If you choose long pass your choices are either mark Sanchez (default), Eli Manning or Joe flacco wtf

TheCrow

What MMR are starting from now for your journey?

I'm at 3k on the dot. My gameplan is to pick later and get whatever our team needs. That way no one is stuck playing something they don't want to and being salty from the start. Played support a couple games and manged to not get flamed into oblivion. SUCCESS!

brentech

I'm at 3k on the dot. My gameplan is to pick later and get whatever our team needs. That way no one is stuck playing something they don't want to and being salty from the start. Played support a couple games and manged to not get flamed into oblivion. SUCCESS!

Yeah, my main account is at 3012, while my alt is 3400.
cBj1LTf.png

I just hate waiting till second 0 because everyone else is thinking they'll do the right thing.

TheCrow

Yeah, my main account is at 3012, while my alt is 3400.
cBj1LTf.png

I just hate waiting till second 0 because everyone else is thinking they'll do the right thing.

Besides that troll game people pick well enough. Though itemization is a whole different story but that applies to both team so it's a non factor. Some guy was saying bloodstone zeus is terrible and then recommended aghs.
sick.gif

I attempted to sell my highest overall card (Tamba Hali) but it said he wasn't available to be sold, what gives?

Also I played the Rams and I could only complete deep bombs to Kearse and Graham and nothing short. Guess I'm going full Rex Grossman!

That was awesome. There was also that one Seahawks fan whose name escapes me that used to parse through the numbers and give us some interesting factoids.

Good news friend, I too enjoy the play of the Seattle Seachickens and parsing statistics for interesting trends!

brentech

I attempted to sell my highest overall card (Tamba Hali) but it said he wasn't available to be sold, what gives

most likely a promo card, which you can't auction.

finished the rookie games, halfway through whatever the next set is named.
Got something like 28k coins. going to buy an all pro pack and see if i win the lottery

I attempted to sell my highest overall card (Tamba Hali) but it said he wasn't available to be sold, what gives?

Also I played the Rams and I could only complete deep bombs to Kearse and Graham and nothing short. Guess I'm going full Rex Grossman!

Good news friend, I too enjoy the play of the Seattle Seachickens and parsing statistics for interesting trends!

What are the odds!?

most likely a promo card, which you can't auction.

finished the rookie games, halfway through whatever the next set is named.
Got something like 28k coins. going to buy an all pro pack and see if i win the lottery

Ah okay, it was probably either from giving my personal info to Roger Goodell or because I bought the deluxe edition.

brentech

Uhhh. Was just progessing in Act 1, at lvl 56 in Diablo 3 and someone joined my game as I was starting an event. Had to kill 100 enemies for the event and we killed 250+, but I really have no idea what just happened. He left as soon as it was done and I am now level 88.
wtf just happened.

So I couldn't get my "new" doctor to get an appointment for my meningitis shots before the spring class scheduling starts, dude was packed till like mid December.

So I just called my pediatrician's office to get an appointment scheduled, lady on the phone was like, "so you haven't been here since 2012... and you're 22 years old."

This is gonna be strange.

rando14

Uhhh. Was just progessing in Act 1, at lvl 56 in Diablo 3 and someone joined my game as I was starting an event. Had to kill 100 enemies for the event and we killed 250+, but I really have no idea what just happened. He left as soon as it was done and I am now level 88.
wtf just happened.

Congrats on the powerleveling !!

brentech

Other than this week and a couple days a month ago, I hadn't played in a real long time. No idea what is going on in this game. Not caught up on all these paragon points and all this shit so I just skilled out with a guide. All my gear is like 25lvls under now though.
Just took me by surprise because the guy was probably in my game for a total of 10 seconds and then left and I had to sit through like 5 minutes of level up screens.

Brent I'll play some D3 with you. I have it on ps4. I had been playing with my wife but she said it's boring... then she goes to play guild wars 2! Stupid ass biiiiiiiiiiitch!

hahaha, yeah I know.

Hope he does what he said. I'm looking for some MUT and games tonight, I'm going to start digging into the game, last two nights was nothing but checking AH and doing a few solos.

One of the things I've become interested in (largely because of my nerdiness with sports and stats) is learning to scrape data from websites. So depending upon what EA and this other site give us access too I'll see what I can put together.

If there are specific features or metrics you guys would like me to put together I'll do what I can with my free time. I think the biggest thing I remember being popular was the SPIKE factor or whatever. Basically seeing who would've been better off just spiking the ball instead of throwing it.

rando14

Brent I'll play some D3 with you. I have it on ps4. I had been playing with my wife but she said it's boring... then she goes to play guild wars 2! Stupid ass biiiiiiiiiiitch!

I played guild wars, last year I think, it was OK. I'm not big on mmorpgs much anymore, I tried FFXIV and it was boring as balls. Tell your wife to ditch Guild wars and play Heroes with me instead!!

brentech

Just opened a normal Pro pack and scored an elite Michael Bennett. More elites than I got last year!
And I had a reward pack that gave me a pro pack which had an elite CJ Mosley in it. Everything's coming up Brent!

Top Bottom