• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread: DOTA says

TheCrow

Road to 4k Update!

Fuck me! Can't get past 3.1k for the life of me. Been stuck at 3095 all day since people keep letting me down.
cm-vi1.gif
But after my last win while we were down 15k xp almost all game I think it's time to call it a night for solo queue. http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1755617359 Highlight was me stealing rupture and geting blade mailed to death. x_x

Its not what you want.

Square has some real bad mobile ports

The Dragon Quest ports have been top notch, but yeah a lot of the other games have been bad. I bought FF2 (the NES one) and it had a bug broke the sound and caused it to crash less than 5 minutes in. There was a work around that I found by reading the negative app store reviews, but still!

Of course I did beat the whole thing :/

Road to 4k Update!

Fuck me! Can't get past 3.1k for the life of me. Been stuck at 3095 all day since people keep letting me down.
cm-vi1.gif
But after my last win while we were down 15k xp almost all game I think it's time to call it a night for solo queue. http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1755617359 Highlight was me stealing rupture and geting blade mailed to death. x_x

you fucking suck breh

facepalm.gif
cBj1LTf.png

edit----

zai is offically a sub for EG for the majors

OLD EG IS BACK!!! BibleThump
happytears.gif
happytears.gif
happytears.gif
happytears.gif
happytears.gif

Rorschach

Now all they need to do is dump rtz!
Road to 4k Update!

cm-vi1.gif
3k is impossible. They won't listen to you and they aren't good enough to use the heroes they picked. Meanwhile, you're stuck filling a need. I say go greedy until you hit the 3.5 to 4k mark. You're good enough to carry these teams and you'll learn next to nothing new from playing support at that level. Your team will have no clue what to do with the support you give them.

I gotta say that while I like your ability to scout way more positions this year, I think it will make scouting/drafting a little too easy. Like, everybody's boards will be the same now.

Last year the one trait I would scout first was consistency. If the player had a high consistency, they had a decent chance of being a top tier or a sleeper prospect. It's how I nabbed so many quick/superstar guys up until round 4 of the draft and those guys typically come with decent stats too. Now it's going to be more clear as to which guys suck and which guys don't, at least I've found so far.

I did draft a QB in an offline franchise that came with B+ speed/agility/acceleration ratings and he came with the clutch AND superstar traits...so he apparently must be one of a kind because rookies usually don't come with all of that shit. And he somehow slipped to me at #29!

Greg

man, I'm really not feeling this game online at all

with all the improved movement, this input lag is a fuckin bummer

Greg

GG, FMT

that 3 & 12 completion you had near goal where I played over top of you perfectly and my guy was facing you yet tackled UP FIELD?!

GG, FMT

that 3 & 12 completion you had near goal where I played over top of you perfectly and my guy was facing you yet tackled UP FIELD?!

gg, yeah that was a lucky first down. i have to blitz a lot more with this sad sack defense than in years past since i can't get pressure otherwise. bortles was tearing it up before the end of the 4th!

Greg

I'm being serious!

I feel that's my one chance for an edge, so it's kind of important

gg, yeah that was a lucky first down. i have to blitz a lot more with this sad sack defense than in years past since i can't get pressure otherwise. bortles was tearing it up before the end of the 4th!
I don't know, you were getting a lot of pressure... some crosses barely had a chance to clear center before I had to get rid of it

felt bad abusing the middle of the field and should've stuck with it - haven't really tried any routes to the outside at all this year, and those 2 comebacks killed me trying to mix it up

I'm being serious!

I feel that's my one chance for an edge, so it's kind of important

I don't know, you were getting a lot of pressure... some crosses barely had a chance to clear center before I had to get rid of it

felt bad abusing the middle of the field and should've stuck with it - haven't really tried any routes to the outside at all this year, and those 2 comebacks killed me trying to mix it up

maybe its because ive played like 20 head to head online games but i dont have any issues with the controls online. i know there is always a slight lag every year though

also i was getting pressure because i was blitzing a ton. as for abusing the middle, no such thing if the defense doesn't defend it! on a couple of those i moved out of the position i should have been in anticipating a shorter route. i dont have many guys who can stay with julius thomas in man coverage but i did roll the dice on that a few times

Greg

I didn't play much at all offline last season, but coming fresh off like 120 MUT challenges every little bit of response lost bothers me

edit: it's not worse than last year, but them giving you more control over the movement definitely magnifies it for me

and I got destroyed on man every time I tried it except that one 3rd down I had them play inside and you went for the slant

brentech

I still haven't had any luck with comebacks routes this year. Picked more often than not. Also don't find quick curl throws to be reliable. Seems more like a route you can throw it to after the play has broken down and defenders lose the man.

Mrbob

Did seasons ever get added to console Diablo 3?

Season 4 update on PC sounds cool. Think I'm going to start my first season character tonight.

I didn't play much at all offline last season, but coming fresh off like 120 MUT challenges every little bit of response lost bothers me

edit: it's not worse than last year, but them giving you more control over the movement definitely magnifies it for me

and I got destroyed on man every time I tried it except that one 3rd down I had them play inside and you went for the slant

i threw a pick on a slant and almost had 2 others picked. at one point kap was like 4/13 passing. that is what i'm loving about this year because literally every route is viable (depending on the defense of course) you can kind of feel out the opponent and what he is trying to do. i have taken some punches early to see what the opponent is trying to do and then had success later in the game. playing a cover 3 all game can't work this year unless your opponent lets it work, as with all the other stuff. kind of a paper rock scissors with the coverage with the key being how quickly you can identify what it is. sadly for me i'm not great at recognizing coverages and a lot of the time i misdiagnose the coverage and throw bad balls because of it

I still haven't had any luck with comebacks routes this year. Picked more often than not. Also don't find quick curl throws to be reliable. Seems more like a route you can throw it to after the play has broken down and defenders lose the man.

i've had a lot of success with comebacks against cover 3 but i don't frequently call them because people haven't been playing cover 3 as much. i'm also getting the timing down on the double tap to pass mechanic (in between a bullet and a lob). if you time it right it can really shred the cover 2 (inside of the CB/S and just over the LB's head)

Season 4 update on PC sounds cool. Think I'm going to start my first season character tonight.

pretty sure it did. do you have it on ps4? brent were you around to play? just finishing an episode of Narcos on netflix (series just came out friday, watch it!)

I hate the MUT auctions. If I'm bidding on something I always get outbid but if I stop bidding the item goes for thousands of coins less than all the others.

Saw legend badges go for 850 when I bid 900, a Terrell Davis year 1997 went for 3,000 but the one I was bidding on went for 9,400 even though I bid 9,500......

And now it told me I won Davis Week 4 for 3,800 and then 30 secs later the auction opened back up. And then I bid 6,800 on one just for it to tell me it sold for 6,700 15 secs later. Wtf. I finally won one for 2,900. I hate this shit

"You do not have the coins to make this 8,000 coin bid" I have 16,000 stubs?!

Ferny

I believe they are still looking to possibly doing it. Don't know if it's done for sure yet.

Top Bottom