• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '17 PS4 Online League Thread: DOTA is dead, long live DOTA

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
this is tentative. who are you looking at having dietrob? i'm hoping we can finalize the rosters (aside from the head to head games) shortly here. actually anyone not playing for a team who doesn't currently have a team, who are you interested in from the open teams above?

I'll take the Steelers and help fill out the AFC North.

If Pete gets in the league he can have the Raiders. I'd request the Broncos next so I could beat his ass down twice a year!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Lone!! Join us in the NFC South!

DCX

While I thought I implied a couple weeks ago on my choice of the Titans, which instead went to some guy who can't post here, this could be an interesting proposition. As well be interesting side talk on Az and I's side-project

Can I still fight FMT and Bird for the 49ers?

Nights like tonight are when I'm happy to have the Alaska Time Zone, I can pick up madden at 8pm my time and veg out

I've done midnight releases for Smash Bros. and WOW expansions.

I camped out overnight for a Wii.

I also waited in line for a wii when smash bros came out it was fun. It was damn cold at a sams club, was still when the wii was selling like hotcakes, but I have no regrets since I played the shit out of smash bros wii after getting it

who's got GO and would be down for a 5 stack later?
PS we would probably try competitive. or maybe not. but I prefer that mode. we probably wouldn't get matched with anyone good anyways.

While I thought I implied a couple weeks ago on my choice of the Titans, which instead went to some guy who can't post here, this could be an interesting proposition. As well be interesting side talk on Az and I's side-project

Keepin the south in the south! Except for dumbass DCX who lives in New York or whatever. And dm, who's in sin city or some shit. But he'll be a ghost by week 2 anyway.

DCX

DCX
Keepin the south in the south! Except for dumbass DCX who lives in New York or whatever. And dm, who's in sin city or some shit. But he'll be a ghost by week 2 anyway.
How many games does DM schedule vs how many games his second round kicker wins for them?

DCX

DJ Bowser

Is there any return/delete policy on digital games within a window of time? I want to buy it tonight but LBB has abandoned me and I fear having two copies.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
How many games does DM schedule vs how many games his second round kicker wins for them?

DCX

dSRGJmc.gif

Can I still fight FMT and Bird for the 49ers?

Nights like tonight are when I'm happy to have the Alaska Time Zone, I can pick up madden at 8pm my time and veg out

Vets only brah! you wouldn't want to be cursed with this niners roster anyways!

Is there any return/delete policy on digital games within a window of time? I want to buy it tonight but LBB has abandoned me and I fear having two copies.

uhhh i wouldn't trust sony to give you a refund. why dont you just do instore pickup from best buy and have tlbb send you an amazon or psn giftcard or something

AFC East -
Bills - LJ
Pats - TLBB vs. Cola
Jets - Ferny
Dolphins - Bowser vs drizz

AFC North -
Browns - OPEN
Ravens - OPEN
Steelers - DietRob
Bengals - Splat

AFC South -
Colts - Luke
Texans - Smokey
Jags - Greg
Titans - eznark

AFC West -
Raiders - phee
Broncos - rinse
Chiefs - Crimson
Chargers - Nightz

NFC East -
Eagles - CB
Giants - AT vs. Wellington
Cowboys - Somnia
Redskins - OPEN

NFC North -
Packers - Brent
Vikings - OPEN
Lions - Trasher
Bears - OPEN

NFC South -
Bucs - DM
Saints - OPEN
Falcons - DCX
Panthers - Az

NFC West
49ers - Bird vs. fmt
Cards - Jabee
Rams - bread
Seahawks - purple cheeto

current proposed rosters to this point (nothing finalized, it'd need all commish approvals!)

It's a very complicated and delicate situation right now with Pete

a friendship hangs in the balance

i would love for pete to be in the league, and he is for sure #1 on the wait list, but i'm not going to boot someone that is already in the league now. so, short of someone dropping (it's possible!), the roster is set as it is now

DJ Bowser

uhhh i wouldn't trust sony to give you a refund. why dont you just do instore pickup from best buy and have tlbb send you an amazon or psn giftcard or something
I won't be out of work tonight until long after any retail store is closed. I just won't want to buy the game and download it tonight, and having LBB unknowingly redo the transaction and have two copies of Madden I can't do anything with. Though worst case, I could probably sell it to a friend.

All this just for an extra 24-48 hours of Madden time. I'm pathetic!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
This is what I have to deal with:

frenchmovietheme: @DAHARM Yes. It will be in the first patch.
— Rex Dickson (@RexDEAFootball) August 19, 2016
frenchmovietheme: so we shoudl be able to start within a couple weeks
*seconds later*
CB3: i bet that patch will be sooner than later
CB3: just because that play glitch is pretty big
*As im typing out the next thing i was going to say*
frenchmovietheme is now Offline.

Signs off in the middle of the conversation about our league! How rude!

I won't be out of work tonight until long after any retail store is closed. I just won't want to buy the game and download it tonight, and having LBB unknowingly redo the transaction and have two copies of Madden I can't do anything with. Though worst case, I could probably sell it to a friend.

All this just for an extra 24-48 hours of Madden time. I'm pathetic!

if you want the game now, go ahead and buy it. I'll send you a PSN card if you want tomorrow when I get my chip card activated (that's why the card was canceled, they force you to replace it)

DJ Bowser

if you want the game now, go ahead and buy it. I'll send you a PSN card if you want tomorrow when I get my chip card activated (that's why the card was canceled, they force you to replace it)
Yeah, that'll work. If it's a hassle don't worry about doing it tomorrow. Any time works.

I had the chip issue when I was renewing my car registration and almost got a ticket because of it. These chips suck.

AFC East -
Bills - LJ
Pats - TLBB vs. Cola
Jets - Ferny
Dolphins - Bowser vs drizz

AFC North -
Browns - scottsullivan
Ravens - OPEN
Steelers - DietRob
Bengals - Splat

AFC South -
Colts - Luke
Texans - Smokey
Jags - Greg
Titans - eznark

AFC West -
Raiders - phee
Broncos - rinse
Chiefs - Crimson
Chargers - Nightz

NFC East -
Eagles - CB
Giants - AT vs. Wellington
Cowboys - Somnia
Redskins - OPEN

NFC North -
Packers - Brent
Vikings - OPEN
Lions - Trasher
Bears - OPEN

NFC South -
Bucs - DM
Saints - Lonestar
Falcons - DCX
Panthers - Az

NFC West
49ers - Bird vs. fmt
Cards - Jabee
Rams - bread
Seahawks - purple cheeto

updated

I'm so hyped for this year's game. It seems like it's good?

after playing about 10 games of madden 17, there are definitely a lot of improvements to be excited about (even for us CCM guys). some of the things i've seen that i liked:

- you can't just bullshit with manual control and get insane picks all the time. maybe this is because i'm playing with a junk LB, i mostly control wilhoite (who is horrible) and i just can't get to the balls in my area unless i'm really close to it. in years past (including last year!) i use the shittier of the 2 LB's in the 3-4 because i can make up his deficiencies with manual play, but so far this year i've had a bunch of balls floated right over my head for a completion where in years past it was an INT because i did the jump up 5 yards in the air animation. i have still gotten some picks, but i have to be there to get it. this prevents me from kind of covering 2 guys at once in the same area with a shitty LB... which is as it should be i suppose. maybe it's different if you're controlling kuekly or one of the other super LB's

- pass rush is strong in general, especially against a poor OL. with the niners i have to get the ball out quick. i feel like the D is on me so fast.

- screen defense is improved it seems. they still succeed but they are stopped regularly without manual intervention

- i like the running game a lot better this year. the running between tackles feels tighter and quicker

- i already mentioned this before but i have seen a few "qb gets hit while throwing" turn into fumbles, which as we know last year were incomplete ALL the fucking time. i still think they need to go further in that direction but at least getting some fumbles is a start

- i tested out the formation subs from within the ccm menu and they work as advertised! this is going to be a really underrated/great feature for the league. there are so many guys i draft for one purpose, or maybe 1 play a game, but during an actual game i'm just not thinking about getting them in the game and this can fix things like that. i also messed around with one of the niners formations i don't use much to kind of get a "pure pass rush" roster on the field. things like that should keep a good rotation of your players rather than just the 11 guys on offense and defense that you usually use

- like i said last night, the practice squad stuff is pretty cool. i can see a lot of sniping happening during the season. you can actually disable practice squad sniping but i don't see why we would. the only weird thing is i thought i counted 10 guys on my practice squad and i thought the NFL rule was only 8 but maybe that changed?

- in addition to that, the FA breakdown is much more convenient. you can search FA's by "top 100", "top 100 practice squad eligible" "Non eligible" etc.

- at the beginning of starting your franchise, you set your "season goal" as a coach. the higher your goals, the more XP you will get. if you fail to make your goals you have a higher chance to get fired (although we wont have firings obviously)

- not that anyone here necessarily cares, but i played a single player franchise game and the presentation was actually pretty slick. i haven't listened to the announcing team yet

- you still have weekly "practice", only this year you can practice a play, or series of plays, and then during the game that week if you run that play your team gets a boost? not really sure how that works but its cool i suppose

with all that said, it's still madden. dumb shit still happens so don't expect a totally new game but it is definitely improved in almost every way over last years game (which was a good game overall i felt)

those are my impressions! we'll see in the coming weeks though. thankfully some of the bugs are being ironed out for the first patch. we are also going to have to take a good look at the XP slider

LJ11

Yo, EA removed the L1/LB AH check. Last year they added a feature where you could check any cards price in the AH by hitting L1, I think they took it out of the game.

I may faint, this is amazing.

Edit: False alarm, you can still check via binder, but not through the Auction page.

Top Bottom