• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '17 PS4 Online League Thread: DOTA is dead, long live DOTA

Hasn't this power/accuracy mechanic been in baseball games for over a decade with regards to pitching? Not sure why it is hard to understand.

there is nothing difficult to understand. as i showed in the video above, there seems to be times where the game doesn't "see" the samething as you did with regards to where you stopped the marker. people are confusing complaints of accuracy/etc with the fact that there are times where the game has flat out gotten it wrong as to where you stopped the accuracy button. that is the issue

So if I wanted to sim a season or so, does anyone know if the game uses your roster according to your team's playbook?

For example the Dolphins run a 4-3. What if I wanted to take that team, draft a 3-4? I know you can change the scheme but I wonder if it actually works. I remember last year I thought I drafted a kickass 4-3 line only to discover that my shitty 2nd MLB ate and my 2nd DT didn't, and I did change the schemes. Makes me wonder if teams are just locked into it.

bread, Yeah I think there's the option to change scheme and playbook. I guess I'll try both. We don't have to worry about this for the league but I like to screw around offline.

LJ11

Ohhhh, y'all missing kicks cause when you do power you're trying to fill the bar and not stopping at the marker?
It's like a guy trying to hit a golf ball as hard as possible. Sometimes it works, sometimes it shanks.
Gotta hit in the zone for both power and accuracy to be truly accurate.

I was going to post about this yesterday, but I knew you guys would figure it out!

The real problem will be last second FGs, no longer will you be able to get the FG team out there with 6 secs left and the clock running and guarantee yourself a W.

I can't speak for everyone but that's not my problem. I've only played 1 online game so far and that was against FMT but I tried a PAT and two field goals. On all of them I stopped the first button prompt within the range (just like in offline) and on my screen it looked like I hit the second button prompt when I was supposed to but displaying on screen it was hella late. It's a latency issue.

I've been having a lot of fun doing solo shit in MUT. I doubt I'm ever going to spend any real money in there but I can see now how it can become an obsessive game mode. This is the first time I've really given MUT much more than just a few minutes. I can see it's potential for sinking its teeth in me.

The real addiction comes with the AH, grinding solos will wear you out, but you need to first setup a bank roll so you can move over to the AH and try to flip cards which makes solos somewhat important when you first start out. I hope to be able to sit down this weekend, talk about promos, Card packs and how to attack the market when supply floods and quickly disappears a few days later.

So if I wanted to sim a season or so, does anyone know if the game uses your roster according to your team's playbook?

For example the Dolphins run a 4-3. What if I wanted to take that team, draft a 3-4? I know you can change the scheme but I wonder if it actually works. I remember last year I thought I drafted a kickass 4-3 line only to discover that my shitty 2nd MLB ate and my 2nd DT didn't, and I did change the schemes. Makes me wonder if teams are just locked into it.

bread, Yeah I think there's the option to change scheme and playbook. I guess I'll try both. We don't have to worry about this for the league but I like to screw around offline.

Maybe if you change your coaches scheme?

Splat

I assume it always shows that way, much like in the depth chart screen there's never been separate LDT/RDT depth charts, just global DT.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
there is nothing difficult to understand. as i showed in the video above, there seems to be times where the game doesn't "see" the samething as you did with regards to where you stopped the marker. people are confusing complaints of accuracy/etc with the fact that there are times where the game has flat out gotten it wrong as to where you stopped the accuracy button. that is the issue

Woah breh relax.

brentech

Brent's gonna have his baby cradled in one arm while carrying us in dota with the other like a fucking G.

lol

My wife is getting so pissed, everyone we know with a baby due around the same time as us is going into labor a week or two early. She just wants to have the baby now. I think labor is going be a nightmare...if she's uncomfortable at all she loses her shit and thinks she's about to have it.
Less than two weeks from the due date now, with a max of 3 weeks if she's late. It's about to get real up in here.

Crow, AZ, whoever else was watching The Night Of, what do you think after two most recent episodes.
Glad they're getting back to the case aspect, but really hate seeing the dark drug shit in prison.

Kinda ignored this stuff yesterday because I hadn't watched the most recent episode yet. I still like the show, but I think I'd enjoy it a lot more if they just focused on the case. The prison shit is not only distracting, but super depressing. I find the case really intriguing, and I hate having this cool examination/cross-examination scene, and then boom, here we are back in prison where this one dude is making this other dude blow him and nas is scared to rat him out.

Smokey

lol

My wife is getting so pissed, everyone we know with a baby due around the same time as us is going into labor a week or two early. She just wants to have the baby now. I think labor is going be a nightmare...if she's uncomfortable at all she loses her shit and thinks she's about to have it.
Less than two weeks from the due date now, with a max of 3 weeks if she's late. It's about to get real up in here.

Cherish the fuck out of these last 1-2 weeks. Pull an all nighter. If that means 24hrs of DOTA do it!

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
The real addiction comes with the AH, grinding solos will wear you out, but you need to first setup a bank roll so you can move over to the AH and try to flip cards which makes solos somewhat important when you first start out. I hope to be able to sit down this weekend, talk about promos, Card packs and how to attack the market when supply floods and quickly disappears a few days later.

Just before I logged of for the night last night I took a peek into the auction house. Before I looked in there I was really pumped with the 3000 odd coins that I earned and thought I was ballin. LMAO..

I know you are the de facto MUT authority in here so if I have any questions about the mode I'll PM ya.

BigAT

James Harden trying to challenge Steph for ugliest kicks in the league?

CqlWffOVIAAJeoG.0.jpg

Looks like something that would accidentally get caught on a fishing hook in an old timey cartoon.

Greg

not getting tripped up/tackled by every bit of contact makes running so much more interesting this year

Smokey

not getting tripped up/tackled by every bit of contact makes running so much more interesting this year

Greg is planting the seeds to a playoff run. I see it right in front of me.

At least Steph's are inoffensive...those shoes are as ugly as the rockets offense.

Bread

You don't even basketball

And besides, Mike Antoni da gawd is going to guarantee we score and give up 120 a game. How is that not entertaining?!

I just made a kicker with 99 Kick Accuracy, it doesn't make the accuracy box any bigger, but you can miss the box by a little and not shank it, but it doesn't add much tolerance more then an average kicker...

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Those Harden shoes can't be the final design. Adidas isn't going to put out some bootleg lowtop construction worker boots.

Gg Wellie. Kicking is bullshit. ODB is also bullshit, but that's okay cause Jordan Cameron is bullshit.

I can't find an offensive playbook I like.

Top Bottom