• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '17 PS4 Online League Thread: DOTA is dead, long live DOTA

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Gg Wellie. Kicking is bullshit. ODB is also bullshit, but that's okay cause Jordan Cameron is bullshit.

I can't find an offensive playbook I like.

No, you just don't get it.. it's super simple like hot shots golf... lol
totally a feature.

I shanked a 30 something yarder because I hit it too soft yesterday. But a third of the time I feel like it just doesn't register correctly, and my controller is a month old so....

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I missed a PAT and an FG from like 40. I was messing around with the meter and I think that my kicker is bad since Josh Brown got suspended, I may have the backup in or whatever.

I'm going to have dinner and do some paperwork. I'll be down for another around 9:30

You're a towel

woooooooo gotem

brentech

Here is a gif of all of my kicks against FMT outside of the game starter (because the music, twitch just pauses on it and it's wouldn't play - I tried to aim it with the wind and had a bad kick that went OOB). I don't think there is a single kick result that I didn't deserve...good or bad. Includes the lag I got during the kick that would have made it 14-7.

https://gfycat.com/EvenHealthyBlacklemur

Hey Wellie, did you notice my Lb go from the show blitz stance then aligns with the slot guy you just moved over to his side, and as he does so he pushes my DE forward forcing encroachment or whatever they called? Not sure if it was a bug or coincidence?

I'll be on in about 20 min if anyone wants to play invite me.
I'm down but you send inv, sick of playing in Seminole Hardrock Stadium.

I keep getting the urge to give my impressions on the Dolphins roster and how they play but I probably shouldn't feed Bowser that Intel.

Somnia

GG Wellie, I hope we have a lot of nail bitters like that this season.

I feel like I still have a TON of work to do on my run game, other than that one long one by Elliot that I got lucky on... still need to slow down and read passes a bit better, but I felt much better that game.

I feel like I'm adjusting to the kicking after listening to CB, only missed one kick and that was because I hit X too fast.

Somnia

GG my brother.

I had zero time to pass, until I just went into Rex Grossman mode. That Dallas front 7 is intense.

I'm really shocked how much pressure I'm getting with my defense, I have in every game so far. We'll see if ratings go down with the first roster update, not that they are very high anyways.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I'm really shocked how much pressure I'm getting with my defense, I have in every game so far. We'll see if ratings go down with the first roster update, not that they are very high anyways.

Greg Hardy is in the FA pool if you want to re-add him to the scumbags on that defense.

Gg but 2 missed FGs, accidentally call TO in third, time expires as I catch a ball on the 4 and fall to the ground untouched. Lost by 1.... But I'm just gonna tell myself I won.

kicking isn't wacky at all except for those times where you lose power on the kick for no reason (this hasn't happened often but it does happen). so, to review:

1. when you are kicking, as the meter goes up, try to stop it before the top (i.e. full power)
2. doing this will allow the meter to come back down slower and give you a chance for a more accurate kick

that is all there is to it!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
kicking isn't wacky at all except for those times where you lose power on the kick for no reason (this hasn't happened often but it does happen). so, to review:

1. when you are kicking, as the meter goes up, try to stop it before the top (i.e. full power)
2. doing this will allow the meter to come back down slower and give you a chance for a more accurate kick

that is all there is to it!

maybe that's it, because the 1 kick I had, the "final x" seemed like it never registered and zoomed off the screen, along with the football

maybe that's it, because the 1 kick I had, the "final x" seemed like it never registered and zoomed off the screen, along with the football

this is the issue. sometimes either it doesn't register or the game sees it registering as something different than you see. but i don't see it happen that often

brentech

Thank you for saving me time. I'm not even gonna waste any with franchise anymore, they haven't changed what I want them to change

After the game, looking at the stats, it's fairly in line with the other games that were played by CPU. I did the, "play the moments" thing, it was a little easier to handle after I turned it to 'fast sim'.
I'd say give it a try and decide from there. I'm just playing around with a fantasy draft team..and a solo league that I can test shit in.

Top Bottom