• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Season 3 League Thread: The Imperial March (to the superbowl!)

what does "official" mean anyways? as if there is an unofficial madden season 3 thread? well i guess the other thread... but i think that says official too.

anyways, guys the league will advance after the games tonight. i have to ask the following:

PLEASE LOOK OVER YOUR SCHEDULES AT THE LEAGUE SITE AND NOTIFY ME IF YOU SEE ANY PROBLEMS WITH YOUR SCHEDULES! SOME PROBLEMS WOULD BE THE FOLLOWING:

* Not enough home games (if you care, it doesn't make a huge difference except for possible bad weather games)
* Too many home games (if you care)
* Play someone too many times

Or any other concerns. Please let me know before the games end tonight, I can STILL adjust the schedule!

so, other than that, use this thread to schedule games, celebrate wins, and bitch about losses. enjoy the season ladies, good luck to everyone

*UPDATE: I just realized (thanks dskillz) that home/away games are determined by who submits the challenge in the lobby. for instance, lets say the league site says I'm at home, and bob is away. if bob challenges me first, HE gets a home game. so, if you know you are supposed to be at home, let your opponent know here before the game and YOU challenge him

Fifty

I hope the Ravens can survive without Mike Nolan, and I hope that the Niners benefit from his defensive mastery. :D

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I think this is going to be the best Madden GAF season ever. Looks like we have alot of new styles in here with alot of "non-super" teams.

Slo

Malleymal, when is good for you? It's difficult for me to play before 10 PM central, but any day is good for me.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I logged on to check the "Online events" and I got a message saying time had expired and it knocked me out. Am I needing to exit out then back in of the league? Or does this not matter?

Lonestar

oh, and I still can't have both the xbox live going and the computer internet at the same time (though it should :/) So once I log in, I have no outside connection except inside the game.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Ror,can you play tonight?

Also for some reason I cant get the league page to load,must be on my end,umm are you home team or am I?

Lonestar

that's a nice looking page. Truelize, if your there, I'm up for a game between 9-11 pm EST.

Rorschach

Matrix said:
Ror,can you play tonight?

Also for some reason I cant get the league page to load,must be on my end,umm are you home team or am I?
Yeah, what time do you want to play? I'm good anytime after 6:30PST. It's @ Texas.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Rorschach said:
Yeah, what time do you want to play? I'm good anytime after 6:30PST. It's @ Texas.

Can you play 10 pm eastern time or 10:30?

Ok if I'm home,I'll challenge you.

Matrix

I'll post before I log on,most likely it will be at 10.

Shadax

Banned
gg earlier Matrix, I bet you counted me out when you were up 13 pts at the 2 minute warning. ;)

I should've called the Portis Shotgun Trips TE route, that would've netted the win. Oh well.

Matrix

Damn onside kicks :( I always feel like Im going to screw them up and bam it happens.

GG man.

You also did a real good job of stopping my passing game,I was shocked I was able to run with Davis that game...can anyone say "FLUKE"

Matrix

r0rs,I'm going to go online now..Ill be in the lobby.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
GG Slo...

I was out this game from the beginning... need to get my run D in check that was ugly as hell.

Matrix

Matrix

Nah,but dude you run so much,you could have opened your game up with a few play action fakes.

I basically sat in a 3-4 and 4-3 D all game.

Slo

Malleymal said:
GG Slo...

I was out this game from the beginning... need to get my run D in check that was ugly as hell.

You too. I can't believe we both lost our QBs in the first half.

Rorschach

Matrix said:
Nah,but dude you run so much,you could have opened your game up with a few play action fakes.

I basically sat in a 3-4 and 4-3 D all game.
That's because my guys have no hands. :(

When I did get a pass out in the open, BAM drop. :lol

Jolley's cut! >:|

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
HOLY SHIT @ Slo's rushing yards! Jesus man...

Tough break Malley, Slo was just ON today dude. Don't get discouraged.

Ror: Porter and Gabriel dropping a lot of passes? WTF? I have drops when the guy is open, but he has a CB like literally on him. Try throwing to the guys that are a bit more open. Your running game is awesome though. Man I am happy to see a lot of guys with solid running games not just me and Matrix. :D

Won a tough game against Dskillz. God this season is going to be hard. :(

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I am 0-1. It was a tough game. On my first drive I drove down the field...mostly rushing. I went for it on 4th like on the 8, didn't make it. From there, my rushing game was going, but my passing game was not. I really think the Panthers are a good fit, but I think I need a couple of more games to really get them down. 0-1 is not the end of the season, 1-0 is not a Super Bowl win, it is a looong season. I see much promise in this team.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Lonestar said:
that's a nice looking page. Truelize, if your there, I'm up for a game between 9-11 pm EST.

Sorry dude I was watching the Steelers game. I'll be around tomorrow night though. Let me know if you can play then. Same time would work.

Lonestar

I should get out of work around 4 pm est, and I usually am online. Latest I figure I can start is 11, if games last an hour (6 am wakeup time)

Tomorrow is 24 night, and though I have tivo, gonna be hard to miss it. So anytime up to 8 pm will work.

wow, half the games from week 1 completed in a matter of hours. that's pretty good.

anyhow, i shut gunstar out. i can't blame him, he was likely not concentrating on madden after his eagles earned a superbowl trip. i caught him at the right time :D

all the games so far have been blowouts! come on later games, be close! of course close games = more bitching cause the loser was so close to victory and was screwed somehow... but still

Maverick

Shadax: I was unfortunately at the Steeler game last night. :(

I can play today. Hit me up on aim with a time. I should be around most of the day.

Shadax

Banned
Maverick said:
Shadax: I was unfortunately at the Steeler game last night. :(

I can play today. Hit me up on aim with a time. I should be around most of the day.

My sympathies, I was hoping for a PA superbowl. :( I'll IM you.

Top Bottom