• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Season 3 League Thread: The Imperial March (to the superbowl!)

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Great game Wellie, thanks for playing me again when I got that Dirty Disc Error.

Bills 14 Jags 7

Key to the game is simple, 0 for 10 on 3rd down for the Jags. That about sums it up.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
vince_lombardi_trophy_long.jpg

its so close....

can ck finally slay the demons of his past? will he lose another superbowl? will he become GA's buffalo bills of the early 90's?

clash of the titans!

bills D vs. Chiefs O!
bills terrible O vs. Chiefs awful D!
the entire universe vs. dante hall!

who will win!

p.s. good luck to both of you, it has been a great season aside from a few too many cornflakes in the league, but what can you do

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
jul04superbowl1.jpg

The stage is set.....

76446081.jpg

The chiefs touched down in Jacksonville earlier this week

espnteam.jpg

They are listening to the critics....

Holmes.jpg

Signing Merch..

01.jpg

ESPN reporting tension between Dick V and Trent....

x_tonyg.jpg

Tony doing a little Modeling on the side

hall1.JPG

Dante teaching the Kids about the X-factor....

dickVermeil5.jpg

Dick V. doing what Dick V. does best

Good luck Wells.. this should be fun....

Like if you rapidly pressed the formation shift button it would drain the defense's energy and you could own them on deep passes every time. I stopped playing because of this one. EVERYONE used it online. It was ridiculous.

Fifty

I don't know about that one, since I've only played people I know, and they don't do that. I'm lucky (and most of us are) in that we can play tons of games with good players here, and we never need to worry about people pulling shit like that.

OOOOOOh here's cerebral palsy again with his negative madden attitude ;)

listen dude, there are exploits in madden, but we keep them to a minimum in the GA league. there's no D-line spreading, no double slot posts, no double safety bluff blitz, etc. you should check out our season 4 thread, although i believe the league is filled

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Its over fellas ,the boys from KC are bringing the Lombardi home.... it was a game that was fought to the end with the final score being 27-26... Dante was a Non Factor as usual when I play CK, but Priest came ready to play... I am sure that CK can give a better account of it all.. we are boarding up the plane to head to DisneyLand!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Damn, I lost 27-26. But it's completely fitting into exactly why I get mad with the game. I am debating whether or not I should use all the exploits I know how to do in season 4.

Code:
Score breakdown:

1    2    3    4   OT    F
Wellie (Bills)                    7   10    3    6    0   26
malleymal (Chiefs)                0   14    0   13    0   27

Statistics                  Wellie            malleymal       
Rushing attempts for                 17              32
Rushing yards for                    55             137
Passing attempts for                 35              25
Passing yards for                   427             200
Punts                                 2               5
Field goals for                       2               0
Long field goals (40+) for            0               0
Rushing touchdowns for                0               3
Passing touchdowns for                3               1
Returns touchdowns for                0               0
Defensive touchdowns for              0               0
Turnovers for                         1               2
Interceptions for                     1               2
Sacks for                             1               1
Number of third downs                 9               8
Third down conversions                4               3
No-huddle plays                       1               0
Audibles called                       7               1
Hot routes used                      10               3
Shotgun plays                        11               1
Blitzes                              28              20
Time of possession                11:33           12:27
2-point conversions tried             0               0
2-point conversions succeeded         0               0
Red zone field goals                  2               0
Red zone touchdowns                   1               3
Red zone opportunities                5               3
First downs                          16              18
First down yards                    191             173
Special teams yards                  98             119
Punt return yards                     0               8
Punt yards                           82             204
Penalties                             0               0
Penalty yards                         0               0
First down rushing plays              9              21
First down passing plays             17               7
Second down rushing plays             7              10
Second down passing plays            10              12
Third down rushing plays              1               1
Third down passing plays              8               7
Fourth down rushing plays             0               0
Fourth down passing plays             1               0
Passes completed                     18              14
Fumbles                               0               0
Fumbles recovered                     0               0
Possessions                          19              20
Third downs, 3 or less yards          3               2
  Successes                           2               1
Third downs, 4 to 9 yards             4               3
  Successes                           2               1
Third downs, 10 or more yards         2               3
  Successes                           0               1
Hurries                               8               5
Knockdowns                            5               3
Passes deflected                      5              10
Passes tipped                         0               0
Offensive yards                     482             337
Total yards                         580             456
Return yards                         98             111
Total touchdowns                      3               4

7-0 Me
7-7
14-7 Me
17-7
17-14
20-14
21-20 Malley
26-21 Me
27-26 Malley

Good usage of audibles led to 435 passing yards, 35 attempts 18 completions, 2 ints (one to pretty much end the game). Eric Moulds had 237 of those yards alone. Priest Holmes 26 carries 127 yards.

Basically, from our bajillions of prior games, we know each other pretty well. I used to be able to run decently on his D, but he started being able to key in on what I was doing, which is why I relied so heavily on the pass. Malley pretty much knows that my secondary is a little off from time to time, especially on covering the tight end, and he took advantage. Surprisingly though, he was able to run really well, which I had been able to take out of his games with me satisfactorily before. I basically relied on audibles for my scoring in that game. Tried to key in on what he was doing offensively to stop him, outside of the 80 yard TD to win the game (more on that later) and the running towards the end, I think I did that pretty well.

My first int, was, of course, a tipped ball (according to Malley, I don't remember it). I've had a tipped int in every game of the playoffs. The other one that wasn't my fault (in the playoffs) was JP Losman and his inability to throw while stationary. Second int was a mental breakdown. Thought the MLB was going to chase McGahee, but he dropped into a zone. I was in FG range with a little over two minutes left. So yeah my fault for losing. Though I was a little miffed that Willis McGahee drops a wide open pass in the endzone on third and goal in the third quarter so that I had to kick an FG. One of the things that cost me the game.

What led to my initial comment was that the go ahead score was a play out of the 2-1-2, the left WR was in a fly pattern. I was in a 4-3 D called free fire. For those that haven't seen the play, basically the ROLB and the MLB blitz, the FS and SS cover the backs. Terrence McGee vs. Johnnie Morton. He takes control of Morton, runs into and pushes my DB out of the way, then runs back under the circle to make the catch and run the rest of the way for the 80 yard TD. Can't really get mad at it because at this point I expect something like this from the game anyway. I just found it hilariously ironic. Combine that with the tipped ints, and the dropped game with Gunstar in which I was up 14 in the first quarter (though luckily still won) and it just goes to show that this game is cursed for me.

I still threw those two... well that one uncharacteristic int and that cost me the game. It was up for grabs though, as always between me and Malley. It just sucks that I throw for 435 yards and I still lose. Though had I been able to make it out of bounds on a quick dump off in the last drive with McGahee, I would have had a fighting chance at the FG.

Anyway, I really liked the Bills, they have such an adaptable team that it's amazing. My two problems with them were the offensive line that was below average, and the secondary which is way way underrated. Nate Clements is 92 overall, but his 79 awareness killed me. My second DB, Terrence McGee, was 78 overall but often made more plays than Clements. Lawyer Milloy also under played, but Troy Vincent was really good. One other thing I didn't like was the low rated FB, but he was still an upgrade from the Giant's Jim Finn. Run blocking was nowhere to be found with this team. I did exactly what I wanted to do with them in terms of the linebackers, dual great receivers (Evans owns!), and a set of RBs that are both speedy and have great hands (except for in the endzone in the superbowl, eh Willis!?). The offense is incredibly malleable with Bledsoe at the helm and McGahee breaking tackles in the backfield. I highly recommend this team to any experienced Maddeners. I will definitely use them in a season in Madden 2006.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
OOOOOOh here's cerebral palsy again with his negative madden attitude ;)

listen dude, there are exploits in madden, but we keep them to a minimum in the GA league. there's no D-line spreading, no double slot posts, no double safety bluff blitz, etc. you should check out our season 4 thread, although i believe the league is filled

I think I'll pass and wait for Madden 2006. I don't feel like paying $50 bucks for a Live account only to return to the same bugs that made me stop playing in the first place. Hopefully next years version is better... I can dream.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
WOW. Here I was, a Madden Rookie, feeling good about his chances...and another Rookie goes and wins it all. BOURNS. VIVA LE BOG!!!!!

Grats MallsaHall!!

Top Bottom