• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB Thread - 2006 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lathentar

Looking for Pants
Kuroyume said:
Pathetic Astros
Oh well... I have a avatar for you Kuroyume.

Enjoy it for the week.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
My mission come playoff time is to root as hard as possible against the Mets.

Cant wait.

After the Braves' "Black June" 10-game losing streak, they went 49-40 (.551).

Before the 10 game losing streak they were 30-33 (.476).

So, I'm not sure what conclusion to draw, but at least we have a closer for next year....... :lol

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Kuroyume said:
Disgusting... I was cheering for the Astros too. You should be ashamed.

<3

Miguel

I'm having trouble picking any single team now :(

A's because of Harden. Twins because of Santana
Dodgers because of Nomar. Padres because of Hoffman.

Fatalah

Of course the Tigers game just can't END, I'm still waiting to see who the Yanks will face! HOW MUCH LONGER WILL THIS BE! JEEEEEEEEEEZ~!

Dr. Strangelove

I'M COOCOO FOR COCO CRISP!
KC is really laying it all on the line out there. They're trying their hardest to make sure the Tigers get destroyed by the Yankees in the first round.

Fatalah

How badly does Tigers' Jim Leyland NOT want to face the Yankees in the first round?

11th inning, Kenny Rogers was called from the bullpen.

Dr. Strangelove

Fatalah said:
How badly does Tigers' Jim Leyland NOT want to face the Yankees in the first round?

11th inning, Kenny Rogers was called from the bullpen.

Yeah, that's really ****ing stupid. Looks like they're gonna get the Yankees. Poor Tiggers.

adg1034

It was. Actually, though, I wouldn't have minded facing the Yankees in the first round. We'd only have to shut them down for three games instead of four. Oh, well. This way we get to put another banner up (unless Detroit comes back somehow).

One out left (Polanco just struck out); Craig Monroe up to bat.

adg1034

Five-pitch walk to Monroe. One on, two out, Casey at the bat. OUT!!!!!!!

Also (geez- how did I forget this)- Joe Mauer is the first catcher ever to win the AL batting title. He also won the Major League batting title, too, beating out the Pirates' Freddy Sanchez. Kick ass.

Fatalah

Well, at least we know the Yankees players won't be staying out too late in the first round.

First stop, the most scary city in America Detroit! Wooo!

*Well, of course, the Yanks have home field advantage, so we won't be staying there too long.

Joe

yankees/a's alcs please!

and joe mauer is an asshole. i love how on espn.com the story is how jeter didnt get the batting title instead of mauer getting it :lol.

rc213

How sweep it is! DODGERS WIN!!!

Dodgers going into the playoffs on a 7 Game winning streak and Sweeping the Rockies and Giants on the road. OH YEAH!

N.L West CO-Champions!

Meier

Well, the Dodgers did there part there at the end of the year.. we're riding high on a 7-game streak into the Playoffs. Shame that the Dbacks couldnt knock off the Pads to get us the West. :(

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Joe said:
yankees/a's alcs please!

and joe mauer is an asshole. i love how on espn.com the story is how jeter didnt get the batting title instead of mauer getting it :lol.
An assshole? What? :lol

BTW, guys: As already mentioned, Joe Mauer is the first catcher to win the AL batting title. However, he is also the first catcher to lead the MAJORS in BA.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
The Tigers shouldn't even be allowed in the postseason after this pathetic performance against KC.

Seriously, they're gonna lose every game by about 18 runs.

Dr. Strangelove

Eminem said:
The Tigers shouldn't even be allowed in the postseason after this pathetic performance against KC.

Seriously, they're gonna lose every game by about 18 runs.

Yeah, it's gonna get really ugly at The Toilet this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom