• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB Thread - 2006 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

NomarTyme

rc213 said:
Ramon Martinez plays the HERO again with that play in foul territory!!!

Heroes of this game are...

Ramon for the important catch. Where was the Giants fan at that play?

Mike Stanton for blowing it

JD for 2 run Jack.

Saito for almost giving me a heart attack

rc213

Postgame show, Doesn't sound like Penny will be pitching anytime soon. Nomar looked to be in alot of pain when he went out. =X

mCACGj

The MLB has it out for Philadelphia. First they have to play a game at midnight, and then fly to Florida, play a night game, and then they move up the next day's game so they can play it on Fox. That's great.

Not only that, Dodgers got so many f'n calls by the umps tonight. They lose easily if it weren't for terrible balls and strikes calls.

NomarTyme

mCACGj said:
The MLB has it out for Philadelphia. First they have to play a game at midnight, and then fly to Florida, play a night game, and then they move up the next day's game so they can play it on Fox. That's great.

Not only that, Dodgers got so many f'n calls by the umps tonight. They lose easily if it weren't for terrible balls and strikes calls.

baby20cryingls7.jpg

rc213

NomarTyme said:
Crappy news.

Yup, Hopefully if he cant play the next 2 games, Loney will step in and contribute. Loney used Toby Hall's bat to get the 9 rbi's in the Colorado game then switched back to his own bat and struck out.

Little said if the Dodgers win or Phillies lose tommorow he will not pitch Lowe sunday and go for the N.L West title given the chance. He would rest Lowe to start the first game of the playoffs. What you guys think?

So..

Lowe
Maddux
Kuo
Penny/Bills?

NomarTyme

rc213 said:
Yup, Hopefully if he cant play the next 2 games, Loney will step in and contribute. Loney used Toby Hall's bat to get the 9 rbi's in the Colorado game then switched back to his own bat and struck out.

Little said if the Dodgers win or Phillies lose tommorow he will not pitch Lowe sunday and go for the N.L West title given the chance. He would rest Lowe to start the first game of the playoffs. What you guys think?

So..

Lowe
Maddux
Kuo
Penny/Bills?

I think its a good idea, he need the rest. Even though it might cost the Dodgers NL West.

Not that confident about Bill or Penny of lates but the rest is fine though.

Meier

The Dodgers had been a major league-worst 1-57 when trailing after seven innings before Friday.

Ouch! Well, couldn't have picked a better time to get win number 2 in that situation. :lol Bills has looked very solid outside of that rough relief appearance the other day... I think he'll be fine. I'd like us to win the West, but more than that I'd like us to win a damn game in the postseason, so if it means resting Lowe and it helps us there, then I'm all for it.

Let's hope for a Phillies loss today so we dont have to even worry about any more wins. Would be nice to go into the playoffs on a 7-game winning streak though :)

Miguel

Phillies take the lead 3 - 2 over the Marlins.
Cards and Brewers tied at 0 - 0.
White Sox up 6 - 0 on the Twins.

This has been your NeoGAF.com playoff chase update.

Miguel

Eckstein should have been out cause of that stupidity. You can't throw your bat at the ball 3 seconds after the catcher caught it and is already in the motion of throwing to 2nd.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Miguel said:
Spezio with a 0-3 pitch smashed into right field.

DIE HOUSTON FANS!
baseball1.jpg

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Well the twins can't get HFA now.

The only way they can win the division is if Detroit loses tonight and tomorrow against KC, and the Twins win tomorrow against Chicago. Otherwise, they're the WC team, and they play the yankees

Joe

GaimeGuy said:
Well the twins can't get HFA now.

The only way they can win the division is if Detroit loses tonight and tomorrow against KC, and the Twins win tomorrow against Chicago. Otherwise, they're the WC team, and they play the yankees
100276794_548c83c4eb_m.jpg

LJ11

siamesedreamer said:
BREAKING NEWS

PEDRO - Torn rotator cuff.......will miss 8 months minimum.

(Torn rotator cuff is the hardest injury for a pitcher to come back from.)

Just heard the news. I feel bad for the guy buy he's still going to make 15 million. Hopefully the Mets insured the contract so his absence does hurt us from going out and spending some money on a big pitcher.

Edit: I'm also pissed at the whole medical staff for this ****ing disaster. Minaya fired the old staff when he came in because of the whole Reyes fiasco. This new staff is just as bad. Pedro could have blown out his arm trying to overcompensate for the lack of lower body strength due to his torn calf. What a mess.

Meier

SAITO! DODGERS WIN, WOOHOO! Bringing in Maddux was a great ****ing idea. :D How the hell does he manage to throw only 71 pitches every damn game?!

NomarTyme

Meier said:
SAITO! DODGERS WIN, WOOHOO! Bringing in Maddux was a great ****ing idea. :D How the hell does he manage to throw only 71 pitches every damn game?!
PLAYOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSWOOOOOOOOOOT GODODERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :) :) :) :)

LJ11 said:
Hopefully the Mets insured the contract so his absence does hurt us from going out and spending some money on a big pitcher.

He'd have to miss the entire year for insurance to cover the cost of the contract. Hampton likely could have been back two months ago for the Braves, but they would have lost all the insurance money.

Anyway, MLB is reporting he'll be back at around the ASB. And I think you're right - he overcompensated with a weak lower body (calf, big toe) and ****ed up his arm. Happens all the time.

Miguel said:
Berkman Slamma Lamma Ding Dong

That was one of the furthest balls I've ever seen hit at that park. Made it into the lower level of the Chophouse.

Miguel

siamesedreamer said:
He'd have to miss the entire year for insurance to cover the cost of the contract. Hampton likely could have been back two months ago for the Braves, but they would have lost all the insurance money.

Anyway, MLB is reporting he'll be back at around the ASB. And I think you're right - he overcompensated with a weak lower body (calf, big toe) and ****ed up his arm. Happens all the time.

That was one of the furthest balls I've ever seen hit at that park. Made it into the lower level of the Chophouse.
I've heard that twice this year. :lol

Once at the Ted, another at RFK.

He hit one into the upper deck in CF at RFK. He hit one into center in Houston also in the Upper deck. PUMA GROWL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom