• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Nintendo Oct 2 JP Conference (S&P2 on Wii, Punch Out Wii, DSi announced)

Jonnyram

There is no mention of VC so far. What are people talking about!?

Launch games: Valk Profile DS, Kirby, Kyotaro, Rockman, lots more (apparently).

GhaleonQ

*rain cloud moves over topic*

Since I'm not a tech geek, I probably won't buy this. I guess I don't understand why Virtual Console is so exciting, either. *waits patiently for games announcements*

D-Pad

http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/10/liveblogging-th.html said:
14:06: From the "Nintendo DS Shop," you can download "Nintendo DS Ware." Software will be split into four categories: Free, 200, 500, Premium (800). And until March 2010, you'll get a free 1000 points (1000 yen or $10) when you buy a DSi.

Free DS Ware games?! Sweet!

Ike

PissBOX, PeeS2, or Toiletcube
black model please, I hope play-asia.com puts up the preorders for this soon because it's gonna sell out fast

Jonnyram said:

Do they mention any sort of upgrade other than screen size?

Ikopi

From Kotaku:

There is a DSi Shop, which users can download DSiWare from as well. Pricing categories for the DSiWare are: Free, 200 points, 500 points and "Premium" or 800 points. Customers will get 1000 free points to spend at the DSi Shop that are good until March 2010.

Not too bad.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
FtsH said:
the screens aren't that big anyway.
Do you really plan on using your DS camera exclusively to keep photos on your DS?

A 300k camera is something you'd get on a cell phone five years ago and you have to know this.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
They are obviously going to let people play DS-ware off of SD cards so will they now be doing the same for us Wii owners? I hope so.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Y2Kev said:
So it isn't really a big enough leap to be a new platform but it's going to divide the userbase if they make games for both touchscreens.

and a 300k pixel camera is embarrassing

Agreed

cvxfreak

suaveric said:
I am really shocked that this doesn't have any waggle built in to it. Especially after the iPhone.

This device just killed a lot of what set the iPhone apart from other Japanese cellphones, not that the iPhone was doing well there to begin with.

I find it amusing that Nintendo, who learned so much from Apple over the years, is now somewhat squaring off against its inspiration in the handheld realm.

Zihark

Jonnyram said:

Another Kirby so soon or is this KUSS?

FtsH

Y2Kev said:
Do you really plan on using your DS camera exclusively to keep photos on your DS?

A 300k camera is something you'd get on a cell phone five years ago and you have to know this.

what else are you planning on using this camera? as you said we all have better cell phone cameras already.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
This is apparently more of a DS-DSlite thing than GBA to DS.

More features, but no processing power increase.

Ironballs

kermitfap.gif

Jonnyram

sp0rsk said:
?? Does this mean there is some kind of motion detection?
Pedometer is a separate device that was leaked in European news recently, but I think it's wireless?

Mario & Luigi 3!

Ike

PissBOX, PeeS2, or Toiletcube
Jonnyram said:
Pedometer is a separate device that was leaked in European news recently, but I think it's wireless?

Mario & Luigi 3!
:O:O:O:O

Bring on NSMB2 now please.

Tiktaalik

Jonnyram said:

Holy shit so this is actually a new system, not a cosmetic upgrade? Is there a graphics upgrade??!?!

Ikopi

According to Kotaku, it will be a 3 megapixel camera, so better than the iphone one.

-edit- Kotaku can't count ...

Top Bottom