• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Nintendo Oct 2 JP Conference (S&P2 on Wii, Punch Out Wii, DSi announced)

xfactor said:
it seems there are 2 cam in the DSi

one on the outside, and one on the inside (between the 2 screens)

does the 0.3 megapixel applies to both cam, or just one of them with the other cam a 3megapixel?

Both 0.3

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
So hey, I've been reading this whole topic since its conception, and boy am I tired!

I liked everything I saw though. Punch-Out, Another Code, Sin & Punishment 2 and DSi are officially "on" now, and there was a bunch of other stuff there that looked funky too.

This settles it now - I'll be waiting for my exciting announcements every October from here on.

Wonder if Trace Memory 2 could have any connectivity with the DSi. If you recall, the DTS in Trace Memory 1 could take pictures. Now this can too. I think connectivity there could be interesting.

KevinCow

Banned
I'm pretty interested in S&P2. I played the first a while back, and while it seemed pretty cool, I just couldn't grasp the controls. I kept thinking how awesome the Wiimote would work with it, though. And here it is!

AniHawk

drohne said:
alphadream grasped something that intsys never has, namely that IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO IMAGINE ANYTHING MORE COMPLETELY INANE THAN REAMS OF TEXT ABOUT MARIO (UNLESS IT BE REAMS OF TEXT ABOUT MARIO FREELY TRANSLATED BY THOSE IRRITATING TREEHOUSE PEOPLE)

so no, you are incorrect sir

Super Paper Mario was really the worst offender of all five, but I never noticed that much a difference between the amount of text in the M&L games and the original Paper Mario games. I think the Mario & Luigi series has the worst battle system out of the three Mario RPG series, and unfortunately, that's unlikely to change with new developers.

GhaleonQ

grandjedi6 said:
Technically isn't the 3rd date Little King's story? Or would that be more like an orgy?

ousama-monogatari-20080407012359089.jpg

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
AniHawk said:
Super Paper Mario was really the worst offender of all five, but I never noticed that much a difference between the amount of text in the M&L games and the original Paper Mario games.

I remember PM 2 having quite a bit in the beginning. But I never felt overwhelmed by it like in SPM, where they just had huge spans of time with just text

morningbus said:
I have a feeling we'll be hearing more about this at the NOA event today:

mii.jpg

You know, seeing how Reggie is most likely in the demo and all.
I don't know what was going on with this game, but the video looked adorable in a Stage Debut way.
Stumpokapow said:
- Wii getting re-releases of GCN titles. Not ports. Not ports. Not ports. Not ports.
If they're rereleases and not ports not ports not ports, I wouldn't say it's Wii that's getting them, even if that's the intended consumer.

GrotesqueBeauty said:
Thanks. Are these both new announcements?

Yes.

biggkidd32 said:
Are VC and WiiWare games going to be able to run off SD cards coming in Spring 2009?

Regarding the lack of internal memory, Wii software will be able to be downloaded to SD memory cards. Also, Wii software will be able to be easily copied to internal memory from the SD card. This will be available in Spring 2009.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
ElFly said:
Metroid Prime 1&2 with MP3 controls would be sweet.

Games were not make with Wiimote in mind. Enemies and bosses would need complete reworking otherwise you lose all semblance of challenge

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
GrotesqueBeauty said:
Thanks. Are these both new announcements? I'm not familiar with either one, but I'm definitely curious to find out more about how they play.

They're both new I assume, but it says Cosmic Walker and Spawn Smasher in Japanese at the top of each screen.

KevinCow

Banned
I wonder if the Gamecube Wiimakes will get updated graphics as well. Widescreen and 480p?

norinrad21 said:
yes yes yes, what time? I would love to see Retro stuff
Don't get your hopes up. I doubt they'll show anything that wasn't already announced.

ElFly

HK-47 said:
Games were not make with Wiimote in mind. Enemies and bosses would need complete reworking otherwise you lose all semblance of challenge

I already kick ass at both. No biggie.

farnham

Banned
what are the games right before sin and punishment

there is one game with a princess and another that plays like lost magic

KevinCow

Banned
HK-47 said:
It's not like the games were much of a challenge in the first place.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Mockingbird said:
Is Takt of Magic a sequel to that DS game Lost Magic? The Dynamic something game looks interesting too.
Yeah, looks like it. If the controls work like Lost Winds then it could be interesting. I think Dynamic looks like crap though, I want to know what Line Attack Heroes is most of all.

KevinCow

Banned
Cheesemeister said:
English titles are in the OP. Please feel free to copy into the video descriptions.
Better yet, use the little box doohickeys on the video itself so the English titles pop up on the video itself.

Dascu

Line Attack Heroes, Spawn Smasher, Cosmic Walker and Takt of Magic look really fun.
Dynamic Slash has that "shallow mess, but looks kinda fun"-feel like Project HAMMER had. I hope it doesn't get cancelled though.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
ENDLESS OCEAN 2 HOLY ALL OVER MY PANTS!!!11

(and Another Code, too)

PolyGone

Banned
farnham said:
Nintendo is the new Sega

where are the old franchises damn!!! Where is my Mario, Zelda, Kirby, Pikmin and Metroid

...still too early to be showing any of them? besides with all the crap coming out who will have time or money to keep up anyway

Thursdayton lives

DSi looks nice, love the matt effect this time round.
Wii line up looks awesome.

And the DS has a Wii channels type menu and Mii's like i predicted!

batbeg

Mockingbird said:
Is Takt of Magic a sequel to that DS game Lost Magic? The Dynamic something game looks interesting too.

Wha... what...? LOAD YOU DAMN VIDEO, LOAD!!

(LostMagic is my 2nd favorite DS game :D)

Metaphoreus

This is semantics, and nothing more
CoolS said:
So, whens the US conference? Maybe there is one more game there. Though I kinda doubt it.

Maybe Nintendo has discovered that, with the advent of the internet, people can get the news from the Japanese conference without being in Japan or even speaking Japanese, and therefore the U.S. conference will announce some different stuff than was shown in Japan. Or maybe they think that there's no way that we could get all of this information between the time of the Japanese conference and the U.S. conference because how could we have ever amassed such a massive and useful array of friend codes to enable such efficient information transfer?

farnham

Banned
Metaphoreus said:
Maybe Nintendo has discovered that, with the advent of the internet, people can get the news from the Japanese conference without being in Japan or even speaking Japanese, and therefore the U.S. conference will announce some different stuff than was shown in Japan. Or maybe they think that there's no way that we could get all of this information between the time of the Japanese conference and the U.S. conference because how could we have ever amassed such a massive and useful array of friend codes to enable such efficient information transfer?
well there will be US specific information

release dates and such

Mdk7

Guys what is the game shown at 3.02?
The one that looks like a kick ass fantasy Sin & Punishment... :D

(OMG i'm still so EXCITED about S&P II....)

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Glass Joe RETURNS!

Let's hope this is the true sequel to the NES Punch-Out, so that we might wipe the bitter taste of Super Punch-Out!! entirely out...

farnham

Banned
Mdk7 said:
Guys what is the game shown at 3.02?
The one that looks like a kick ass fantasy Sin & Punishment... :D

(OMG i'm still so EXCITED about S&P II....)
Its called Dynamic (tentative Title)

Top Bottom