• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PAL PLAYSTATION®3 Launch Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldrusher

llaannccee said:
Any recommendations for an hmdi cable for about £20.

1. go to random electronics store (or a big store with electronics department)
2. look for cheapest cable that fits your needs length-wise

painey

went to town with my friend today and went in GAME and a shop assistant asked me if i needed help (piss off!) and then i was standing there drooling at the PS3 display and he came back over and told me today was the last day of pre-orders. I told him to off-sod and then i heard him talking to a woman (i assume a mother) and he informed her there were just 2 PS3s left. Ended up buying 2100 Microsoft points.. I feel like such a tool buying them.. *sniff*

RaijinFY

painey said:
went to town with my friend today and went in GAME and a shop assistant asked me if i needed help (piss off!) and then i was standing there drooling at the PS3 display and he came back over and told me today was the last day of pre-orders. I told him to off-sod and then i heard him talking to a woman (i assume a mother) and he informed her there were just 2 PS3s left. Ended up buying 2100 Microsoft points.. I feel like such a tool buying them.. *sniff*

2 left out of 80?

doicare

Danj said:
I bet that's after all the preorder padding by employees :D

UKresistance has some more new news about PS3 preorder status.

Jesus f*cking christ, ukresistance has got to be one of the most pathetic, hate propaganda filled websites i've ever had the misfortune to read. The amount of biased and flat out lies is unbelievable. The guy that runs it apparently is the head of the uk xbox magazine...enough said their. The site is so bad it almost wants to make me learn how to code and break the website, failing that punch the sad little guy who runs that peice of trash. /rant over.

nofi

doicare said:
Jesus f*cking christ, ukresistance has got to be one of the most pathetic, hate propaganda filled websites i've ever had the misfortune to read. The amount of biased and flat out lies is unbelievable. The guy that runs it apparently is the head of the uk xbox magazine...enough said their. The site is so bad it almost wants to make me learn how to code and break the website, failing that punch the sad little guy who runs that peice of trash. /rant over.

You do know it's meant to be tongue-in-cheek, right?

Forsete

14 days and 2 hours to go gentlemen. :) I hope Motorstorm arrives in the mail tomorrow, after that I'm set to go, just missing a PS3.

Midas

Forsete said:
14 days and 2 hours to go gentlemen. :) I hope Motorstorm arrives in the mail tomorrow, after that I'm set to go, just missing a PS3.

My copy of Virtua Fighter 5 got shipped from Canada today. I don't dare to buy the US version of Motorstorm or Resistance until I know for sure that I'll be able to play online with people that have the European version.

Forsete

Midas said:
My copy of Virtua Fighter 5 got shipped from Canada today. I don't dare to buy the US version of Motorstorm or Resistance until I know for sure that I'll be able to play online with people that have the European version.

Resistance is going global for online multiplayer. :D
MS is still region locked AFAIK, but that might change. Not sure how MS works when it comes to online multiplayer, if the game sees the system as a PAL system and makes you play against PAL games, or if the game sees itself as an NTSC game and only lets you play against US/C players.

Ceb

Midas said:

Do you order from VG+? Ever had problems with things getting stuck in customs?

Forsete

Ceb said:

I have ordered maybe.. umm .. 8 times or something (biggest order, PSP + 3 games)? Never had any problems with customs.

Midas

Forsete said:
MS is still region locked AFAIK, but that might change. Not sure how MS works when it comes to online multiplayer, if the game sees the system as a PAL system and makes you play against PAL games, or if the game sees itself as an NTSC game and only lets you play against US/C players.

Well that's why I wait, if I won't order it from GAME or something. Not that much cheaper than here in Sweden but I won't get Swedish on my damn cover! :lol

Ceb said:

This is just my second time. But when I bought Zelda from them, they sent it in a plain brown jiffy bag with a private person as the sender. No company name at all.

Ceb

Forsete said:

What's weird about MS is the Australian server(s) being listed in the US copy. HOPEFULLY... a "Europe" option will be going up there near the 23rd as well.

burnfout

When I hook up my PS3, will I have to use the composite cable first and switch it to HDMI, or will it auto-recognise my HDMI cable?

Just curious..

Commander_Zorg

that UKR wanker
doicare said:

Oh YEAH?

Christopher

burnfout said:
When I hook up my PS3, will I have to use the composite cable first and switch it to HDMI, or will it auto-recognise my HDMI cable?

Just curious..

yup

When I got my HDMI cables in I had to go in and manually put the settings as HDMI using the composite cables, then within the 30 seconds or so it takes to switch it you attach your HDMI cable and boom 1080p goodness. enjoy.

123rl

UKR is great. As someone on here once said it's funny because UKR does it as a spoof - there are people on GAF who do what UKR do and genuinely mean it:lol

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
123rl said:
UKR is great. As someone on here once said it's funny because UKR does it as a spoof - there are people on GAF who do what UKR do and genuinely mean it:lol

Not for long there aren't.

doicare said:

Wow, when creepy fanboys go wild. Calm down. =\

Commander_Zorg

that UKR wanker
Let's cut-out these non-essential posts, and enjoy the fact that GAF's "Official PAL PS3 Launch Thread" has taken nearly two weeks to get to six pages.

That's almost worth an update :)

"GAF UNDERLINES MASSIVE PAL PS3 INDIFFERENCE"

doicare

Commander_Zorg said:
COME ON THEN.

God how f*cking sad are you? I don't know what's worse, you thinking it's cool to make a website full of hate, FUD and propoganda against the ps3, you actually spending a significant amount of time to create and run the website or you challenging me to a fight on the internet. Would you like to draw up a map for where this fight is going to take place :lol Who would have guessed the person who created and runs a website full of retarded lies and propaganda is also a retard.

doicare

Commander_Zorg said:
Let's cut-out these non-essential posts, and enjoy the fact that GAF's "Official PAL PS3 Launch Thread" has taken nearly two weeks to get to six pages.

That's almost worth an update :)

"GAF UNDERLINES MASSIVE PAL PS3 INDIFFERENCE"

Ps3 is the number 1 selling computer item on amazon.co.uk Why not put that on your FUD website. :lol

Tieno

So I pre-ordered my PeeEssTree today! That home and LBP stuff finally pushed me over the edge, plus the store I ordered it at you can get a ps3 game for free with your ps3. Wanted to wait for the 499 model but with this free game thing and stuff like that it really didn't make any sense to save 50euros for 40gb less, slower hdd and wireless.
I feel kind of weird though, probably because I'm gonna spend 600euros *poof* damn...

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Tieno said:
So I pre-ordered my PeeEssTree today! That home and LBP stuff finally pushed me over the edge, plus the store I ordered it at you can get a ps3 game for free with your ps3. Wanted to wait for the 499 model but with this free game thing and stuff like that it really didn't make any sense to save 50euros for 40gb less, slower hdd and wireless.
I feel kind of weird though, probably because I'm gonna spend 600euros *poof* damn...

What's the store? Mediamarkt?

LBP alone has me pretty darn stoked for PS3, but I'm really going to wait it out until the final quarter of this year probably. There are probably going to be more games that I want, Home will be out and LBP is close, and there's a chance of a pricedrop (you can hope right?).

Tieno

Darunia said:
What's the store? Mediamarkt?

LBP alone has me pretty darn stoked for PS3, but I'm really going to wait it out until the final quarter of this year probably. There are probably going to be more games that I want, Home will be out and LBP is close, and there's a chance of a pricedrop (you can hope right?).
Bart Smit. I figured I'm gonna really want a ps3 before a price drop (I don't expect one in 2007 or before Heavenly Sword, Lair, LBP and stuff like that), so I might as well get it as soon as I can so that extra money is worth it. I don't want to buy it and then the next day there's this pricedrop. Besides, I waited too long with the ps2.

nofi

doicare said:
God how f*cking sad are you? I don't know what's worse, you thinking it's cool to make a website full of hate, FUD and propoganda against the ps3, you actually spending a significant amount of time to create and run the website or you challenging me to a fight on the internet. Would you like to draw up a map for where this fight is going to take place :lol Who would have guessed the person who created and runs a website full of retarded lies and propaganda is also a retard.

I'm new here, and I can't tell whether you're mad, or really, really funny.

Can somebody help?

Commander_Zorg

that UKR wanker
doicare said:

You started it.

The fight will take place here. I have drawn a map:

fight-location.gif

When will you get there?

123rl

doicare said:
Ps3 is the number 1 selling computer item on amazon.co.uk Why not put that on your FUD website. :lol

They put it in the SALES chart...it isn't out for another two weeks! They haven't even SOLD one machine yet!!:lol

Sales charts = retailers choosing which products they want you to think are selling well. They are not accurate in any way at all. Hell, they're bullshit and complete lies 99% of the time

Thraktor

Didn't quite know where to post this, but I suppose here will suffice. I can't tell you my source (which means you'll understandably not believe me), but I've just learned that the upcoming Getaway title for the PS3 will be an MMO of sorts, tentatively titled "Getaway Online". I haven't seen it officially announced anywhere, so I thought it might be of interest to people.

spwolf

burnfout said:

Just curious..

it will autorecognize... and if you change cables in the future, just hold power button for 5+ seconds and it will find correct output...

Thraktor said:
Didn't quite know where to post this, but I suppose here will suffice. I can't tell you my source (which means you'll understandably not believe me), but I've just learned that the upcoming Getaway title for the PS3 will be an MMO of sorts, tentatively titled "Getaway Online". I haven't seen it officially announced anywhere, so I thought it might be of interest to people.

Wow, they're going a bit heavy with the online stuff, but if they pull off a seamless London town highly populated then fair enough. I've never been a fan of online but i saw the new Warhawk vid today as well, online may be good.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Amazon have cut game prices to £35. Which is nice.

The summary in my mail was a little disturbing, though:

For your reference, here is a summary of your order:

1 of "Sony PlayStation 3 Console (60GB Premium Version)"
Usually dispatched in 4-6 weeks (but may not be available at all)

1 of "Resistance: Fall of Man (PS3)"
Price decreased
Not yet released by publisher

1 of "MotorStorm (PS3)"
Price decreased
Not yet released by publisher

Fortunately, a few minutes later they realised what they'd said:

Dear Customer,

We are writing to you with regards to your recent order which included a
PS3 console.

We want to reassure you that we plan to dispatch your PS3 in time for
release day, 23 March 2007. We are only taking PS3 console orders based on
our stock allocation from the manufacturer.

Your order is assigned against this allocation.

<relief>

doicare

Commander_Zorg said:
You started it.

The fight will take place here. I have drawn a map:

fight-location.gif

When will you get there?

You started it when you decided to create a hate filled propaganda website to bash a games console, how much of a life do you have? Just like you have the opinion it's ok to do that i have the opinion that it's not. I posted on a completely different forum than your website and you decided to reply to my opinion so your the one with the problem. And your going to have to do better than that with a map, i can tell your one of those 'guys' who thinks he is funny when your not. How about you do something worth while with your life instead of trolling a games console.

doicare

123rl said:
They put it in the SALES chart...it isn't out for another two weeks! They haven't even SOLD one machine yet!!:lol

Sales charts = retailers choosing which products they want you to think are selling well. They are not accurate in any way at all. Hell, they're bullshit and complete lies 99% of the time

:lol Everybody that orders a console counts as a sell, stop spreading lies. Sales charts = real data that shows what items have sold the most. The ps3 on amazon.co.uk has constantly been in the top 3 most sold items and has spent plenty of time at number 1. Amazon.co.uk's list is not 'bullshit'. 2 weeks ago the top 2 selling games were final fantasy 12 and crackdown, and on the official chart track uk chart the top 2 selling games were final fantasy 12 and crackdown in the same order. This week the top selling games have been the sims seasons, final fantasy 12 and GRAW 2, why don't you do yourself a favour and see where they end up in next weeks chart track charts.

123rl

...and those are games that have been RELEASED. Hence their justified inclusion in a sales chart. THE PS3 IS NOT ON SALE YET!!!!!!! A pre-order is NOT the same as a sale. I can walk into 50 shops and order 50 PS3s. Have I bought them? Would that mean Sony have sold 50 PS3s to me? Of course it doesn't. It means I may buy them on launch day but I can cancel that at any time. Pre-order items on any chart list is an instant warning sign, IMO.

Sales charts don't have to show which games have sold well...their whole purpose is to raise awareness of recent games. If that's a new release of a high-profile game, then fair enough. But it can also be used to raise awareness of something that needs a bit of a boost and extra demand

Danj

doicare said:
:lol Everybody that orders a console counts as a sell, stop spreading lies. Sales charts = real data that shows what items have sold the most.

You realise that no actual sale takes place until the PS3 ships right? Over here in the UK, we don't get charged for our goods upfront, we get charged when they ship. So every order for a console on Amazon.co.uk most certainly does NOT count as a sale, because any or all of them could cancel before the actual ship date.

doicare

123rl said:
...and those are games that have been RELEASED. Hence their justified inclusion in a sales chart. THE PS3 IS NOT ON SALE YET!!!!!!! A pre-order is NOT the same as a sale. I can walk into 50 shops and order 50 PS3s. Have I bought them? Would that mean Sony have sold 50 PS3s to me? Of course it doesn't. It means I may buy them on launch day but I can cancel that at any time. Pre-order items on any chart list is an instant warning sign, IMO.

Sales charts don't have to show which games have sold well...their whole purpose is to raise awareness of recent games. If that's a new release of a high-profile game, then fair enough. But it can also be used to raise awareness of something that needs a bit of a boost and extra demand

I know they are games that have been RELEASED and i know the ps3 sales are PREORDERS. And so far the amount of ps3 PREORDERS have put the ps3 constantly in the top 3 items on amazon.co.uk. YES every single one of those preorders could get cancelled, but do you have any proof that this is the case? Do you have any proof that even 5% of those preorders have been or are going to get cancelled? Amazon's sales charts show how many items have been sold or preordered, it is in no way used to lie and show any game or console selling more than it actually has.

doicare

Danj said:
You realise that no actual sale takes place until the PS3 ships right? Over here in the UK, we don't get charged for our goods upfront, we get charged when they ship. So every order for a console on Amazon.co.uk most certainly does NOT count as a sale, because any or all of them could cancel before the actual ship date.

The point that i was making was every preorder of the ps3 on amazon counts towards being a sell and the ps3 would only be in the top 3 most sold items if the ps3 pre orders were high enough. The post i was responding to was implying that amazon's top sellers list was worthless and even fixed to try and make the ps3 seem like it was selling well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom