• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Sonic Unleashed Thread Of Either "Endless Possibility" Or Sonic-Cycling It!

well, i'm getting the Wii version - i don't trust sonic team. Sonic 2006 still haunts me in my dreams - i will never forgive you SEGA.

RobbieNick

Known errr... "Shitty" friends in the game......

Chip - The Flying purple chiuaua...thing.

Amy - Just a cameo

Tails - In special stage with Sonic flying the Tornado.

That is all. Do not expect to see Shadow or Rouge or ESPECIALLY Silver.

NTom64

RobbieNick said:
Known errr... "Shitty" friends in the game......

Chip - The Flying purple chiuaua...thing.

Amy - Just a cameo

Tails - In special stage with Sonic flying the Tornado.

That is all. Do not expect to see Shadow or Rouge or ESPECIALLY Silver.

Well, he does have a very slight cameo in
Empire City, as one of the road names on the signposts over the freeway. Along with "Shadow and Blaze Avenue" and E-123 Omega Road" :lol

To be honest, I think it'll just be:

Sonic,
The Werehog,
Eggman,
Chip,
Tails,
Amy
Knuckles (not confirmed)
and MAYBE Shadow (rumoured).

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
MiamiWesker said:
Really? Than Wii and PS2 version are failures.

WeskerPoorPerformance01JPG.jpg

I won't be hating and I sincerely hope Sonic fans will get at least a decent game. You sure still have to pay for even thinkin the first Sonic was as good or better than SMW, but you can't suffer forever. Hope game is decent, honestly think it won't

Sega1991 said:
I believe he is referencing, "the bottom of the barrel".

no, they're here for you guys when first reviews come out. I have barrels aplenty /satire

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
gururoji said:
I hate to be off topic, but where the hell is the ninth bag?
They're not numbered so I'm not sure which one you're missing, but maybe it's the one that's above the end of the stage.

Edit: Much more uselful post below.

All the packages/bags in Mirror's Edge 2D Beta.

- The first one is tricky to get to and you have to exploit a "bug" (at least, it feels like a bug to me). When Faith pulls herself up on the pipe, hold jump and when she gets up, the game will make her jump a little bit higher than normal.

- The second bag is directly above the high voltage box you slide under. You can use the same bug to get the first bag to get the second bag (climb up the voltage box, when she pulls herself up, hold jump to get an extra boost), or you can go all the way to the wall running section to get up and follow a path that leads back to the platform the bag is on. You'll have to do this if you want to get all the smaller icons anyway.

- The third bag is right after the first checkpoint. Drop down once you hit the checkpoint; there's a platform above the bag. If you go forward to where you shimmy across the pole, you can actually shimmy to the left and there's various swing points suspended over a bottomless pit that lets you get over and get the bag.

The path splits in two at the pole.

- If you go above the pole, there's a rope-sliding section. Jump off towards the swing point and follow the swing points up and back to the left for the fourth package. Remember: The direction you hold when you jump from a swing point depends on how far you swing. Holding up will give you more vertical distance, holding a direction will give you more horizontal distance.

- If you go below the pole, the next bag is right along the pathway without much effort in trying to find it.

Pathway temporarily rejoins again before immediately splitting back off.

- Going up: Across the blue building, just keep following the red icons. You'll hit another, much steeper blue rooftop. This one's tricky, but you have to get up there and grab on to the red rope-sliding section. About 2/3rds the way down the rope, jump to land on a small outcropping. Climb up the wall, jump off, grab on to the beam. Jump at the wall again, climb up, and get the sixth bag. Technically you don't have to come this way to get this bag as you can take the lower path; there's a section where you can climb up the wall and wall jump back and forth to get up there, too. You can also use this to go from the top route to the bottom route.

- On the bottom route, the next bag is easy. Just keep going right until you get to a dropoff point. This should be Bag #7.

- Climb up until you get to the big red crane. The bag under this one is easy; jump off the tip of the crane but don't restart the level. Turn around and jump back at the crane. Faith will grab on to it with her hands and you can shimmy down the crane to get the bag that is underneath it.

- The final bag is right above the level restart section, jump off the crane and wall climb up to get it.

My main problem is I can't find all the red icons. I think last time I tried I got 197/214.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Sega1991 said:
My main problem is I can't find all the red icons. I think last time I tried I got 197/214.
It was so much fun I could only get myself to stop after I managed to get them all, and I still played it two times more since then. I wish I could tell you but no way I'm listing where they all are. :lol

33lz8ex.jpg

On topic, are the release dates for Unleashed all confirmed by now?

gururoji

Ah, thanks for the info guys, it was the one under the crane I didn't have.

Skeptically but hopefully awaiting Sonic...I wish it were still called World Adventure!

Sciz

Facism said:
Not really been following, but is this on Mobius?
A fantasy planet named Earth, like every other game in the series that doesn't take place on a time-traveling planetoid or alternate dimension. Mobius is and will remain an invention of American marketing (and even the comics eventually said Mobius = Earth).

Blizzard

Banned
Yet another off-topic reply: That Mirror's Edge 2D flash game is awesome, and makes me kinda want the PC version of Mirror's Edge when it comes out. >_>

Go Nintendo posted the reviews in this month's Nintendo Power (no linked source though...) and Unleashed has a whooping 8.0! o_O

Though Symphonia 2 also got an 8.0 in the issue.

I have a thread ready to go for the issue's thread. I just want to make sure it's alright to post it even though the only thing there is for now is the scores from an unlinked source. :/

I forget, but I do recall them giving Shadow an 8.0 as well...

But that was three years ago, so maybe that reviewer left by now? (Maybe due to that very score... I don't know. :p)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Good score. NP has been inconsistent lately, though. Low scores for decent games, high scores for... decent games. All over the place really.

Costanza said:
^ What did NP give Secret Rings?

8.5/10, but that was before they went integer-only.

Edit- Apparently they're not integer-only anymore. Or were they ever? Damn, I'm losing it.

Teknoman

They did give Shadow an 8 back then, but its a whole new review crew these days. And they dont auto-give Nintendo games great ratings.

Firestorm

Andrex said:
Good score. NP has been inconsistent lately, though. Low scores for decent games, high scores for... decent games. All over the place really.

Edit- Apparently they're not integer-only anymore. Or were they ever? Damn, I'm losing it.
They've never been integer only. They've been hard as balls 1 - 10 with .1 increments. They went to really shitty star system (.5 - 5 with .5 increments). They went to really shitty star system with 5 reviewers and no central score (.5 - 5 with .5 increments). They then went to 1 - 10 with .5 increments. The star system had no credibility.

Their new review crew is good but I don't trust them with Sonic games.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Hero of Legend said:
Go Nintendo posted the reviews in this month's Nintendo Power (no linked source though...) and Unleashed has a whooping 8.0! o_O

Though Symphonia 2 also got an 8.0 in the issue.

I have a thread ready to go for the issue's thread. I just want to make sure it's alright to post it even though the only thing there is for now is the scores from an unlinked source. :/
Never trust Nintendo Power's Sonic reviews.

And dude don't make a magazine thread unless you actually have the physical magazine yourself.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Firestorm said:
They've never been integer only. They've been hard as balls 1 - 10 with .1 increments. They went to really shitty star system (.5 - 5 with .5 increments). They went to really shitty star system with 5 reviewers and no central score (.5 - 5 with .5 increments). They then went to 1 - 10 with .5 increments. The star system had no credibility.

Their new review crew is good but I don't trust them with Sonic games.

That's what messed me up- the .5's. Thanks.

And their Sonic reviews are fine.

~Kinggi~

Banned
So...any reviews for this? The 360 version. Everything i see from it looks great. Ive been dying for a Sonic that was kinda like Sonic Adventure.

Teknoman

grandjedi6 said:
I mentioned it in the other thread but, nope.

Well might as well post what I posted there:

Damn. Well back to waiting for a decent review/hands on, though im really interested in the HD version more than anything.

Firestorm

What the hell. Best Buy Canada is advertising the Wii version for $54.99. If the 360 version is $44.99 on Amazon.ca I will buy this. If not, I'll wait.

DunpealD

Andrex said:

Ok that's definitely is not a good indicator that Sonic Unleashed is good. If anything I'd put Secret Rings at the same level as Sonic 2006.

~Kinggi~ said:
So...any reviews for this? The 360 version. Everything i see from it looks great. Ive been dying for a Sonic that was kinda like Sonic Adventure.

4u0i29w.jpg

you're not alone dude. i didn't play a good Sonic main-title in years. fuck, if Unleashed sucks, just remake Sonic Adventure 1 with the Hedgehog Engine.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
so I guess I will go with PS2 version at first ( since it will be released in the 18th ) even If the game turn to be total crap , it's as same as Wii version without the waggle , I already got 50% off on one PS2/PS3/PSP game on my store , my PS2 need some love after Yakuza 2 , and I can play it upscaled on my PS3 , but I will go with PS3 version next month for sure .

AND yeah I don't think it's a wrong thing , I will Support Sega here, even if this is a shitty Sonic Team game , it's still a freaking SEGA game , my mission is to support SEGA no matter what :c

solid2snake said:
you're not alone dude. i didn't play a good Sonic main-title in years. fuck, if Unleashed sucks, just remake Sonic Adventure 1 with the Hedgehog Engine..

sega should just remake Sonic 1 , 2 and 3 with Hedgehog Engine ( Unleashed day time levels 2.5D style ) and I will forget all about bout my broken VMU and all other Shitty Sonic games I forced myself to bought .

Totobeni said:
so I guess I will go with PS2 version at first ( since it will be released in the 18th ) even If the game turn to be total crap , it's as same as Wii version without the waggle , I already got 50% off on one PS2/PS3/PSP game on my store , my PS2 need some love after Yakuza 2 , and I can play it upscaled on my PS3 , but I will go with PS3 version next month for sure .

AND yeah I don't think it's a wrong thing , I will Support Sega here, even if this is a shitty Sonic Team game , it's still a freaking SEGA game , my mission is to support SEGA no matter what :c

Hopefully you will invest in the superior Bayonetta title which looks amazing.

RobbieNick

Glad to hear the 8.0 score from NP (EAT IT, SONIC HATERS!!)

I'm not 100% sold that the PS2 is going to be an EXACT port, or will be downgraded in the texture and frame rate department. I'll check out some impression before picking up my copy.

HUELEN10

So apparently, all 3 current-gen versions are indeed 50 USD, and the PS2 version according to Target is 30. Just in case though, I made it so that the price section reflects that this is the current way things are looking price-wise. The "Locations of The World" section has been launched, and will be completed this tuesday. On wednesday, a "GAF Impressions" section will be up, so we can see how people think of this game.

As for Locations of The World though, I have a question. What the heck is Adabat in the "Real World"? Cambodia? It is obvious what stuff like Apotos, Mazuri, Spagonia, and Chun-Nan are, but this is a tricky one.....

Azure J

Adabat's the level with the wooden bridges suspended over water right? Then, it's definitely Taiwan. I think it was even mentioned in one of the newer "On The Spots" they were demoing the game on, not to mention that those kinds of locales are usually seen there.

Edit - It was Thailand.. I knew it began with a T and was Asian based though. :lol

Firestorm

RobbieNick said:
Glad to hear the 8.0 score from NP (EAT IT, SONIC HATERS!!)

I'm not 100% sold that the PS2 is going to be an EXACT port, or will be downgraded in the texture and frame rate department. I'll check out some impression before picking up my copy.
Worse than Sonic and the Secret Rings isn't what I wanted to hear to be honest. Who was the reviewer anyway?

RagnarokX

HUELEN10 said:
So apparently, all 3 current-gen versions are indeed 50 USD, and the PS2 version according to Target is 30. Just in case though, I made it so that the price section reflects that this is the current way things are looking price-wise. The "Locations of The World" section has been launched, and will be completed this tuesday. On wednesday, a "GAF Impressions" section will be up, so we can see how people think of this game.

As for Locations of The World though, I have a question. What the heck is Adabat in the "Real World"? Cambodia? It is obvious what stuff like Apotos, Mazuri, Spagonia, and Chun-Nan are, but this is a tricky one.....
Well I checked a database of flags and the most logical country with that kind of flag is Thailand. It's got the same basic color pattern but no stars or dolphin.

2pu0nlu.jpg

30t1194.jpg

Teknoman

RagnarokX said:
Well I checked a database of flags and the most logical country with that kind of flag is Thailand. It's got the same basic color pattern but no stars or dolphin.

2pu0nlu.jpg

30t1194.jpg

Thats awesome how close the actual stage is similar to real life objects found in Thailand.

Teknoman

DunpealD said:
Ok that's definitely is not a good indicator that Sonic Unleashed is good. If anything I'd put Secret Rings at the same level as Sonic 2006.

Whoa whoa...thats a little much dont you think? Secret Rings wasnt glitchy, actually looked really nice, played ok (seriously), had you playing only as Sonic, and didnt have an insane amount of load times.

Top Bottom