• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official "Table Tennis" (Xbox 360) Thread

AZ Greg

ColdBlooded33 said:
I proclaim myself GAF Tennis Master. No one can hang with me! (cept Ramirez, who tied me)

Me And FMT hit something like 100 rallies. At that point i was laughing and i couldnt even concentrate :lol

Thanks for smoking me! :lol I need more practice as I haven't really played much since it came out.

And sorry about dropping guys, my box froze.

Ramirez

I swear I get a ton more spin offline with Ping than I can online,but yea good games guys.We need to get a big tourney with the Madden crew going if we could all connect together *cough*DM*cough* :p

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Ramirez said:
I swear I get a ton more spin offline with Ping than I can online,but yea good games guys.We need to get a big tourney with the Madden crew going if we could all connect together *cough*DM*cough* :p
I'm in!!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
ColdBlooded33 said:
I proclaim myself GAF Tennis Master. No one can hang with me! (cept Ramirez, who tied me)

Me And FMT hit something like 100 rallies. At that point i was laughing and i couldnt even concentrate :lol

100 is nothing,have you had a 300 + rally yet? Now that shit is insane.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
ColdBlooded33 said:
id seriously just let the other person win at like 175

:lol

IJoel

I am SO VERY ANNOYED at the single player AI in this game. It's like some sort of rubberband AI. Well, at least I got past that damn Jesper. I hate him.

Got the game today.

Bloddy awesome.

Got frustrating completing the silver medal level. Lui Pang was a pain the arse, the ****ing swede took me 45 minutes to beat. The other ones are gonna be a paiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin.

GT - Rabid Wolve AU if anyones up for a game.

What is the 'secret' for playing others online? I have a hard time returning serves with any force. I can do the spins and all that, but my volleys always seem underpowered. What gives?

Nerevar

they call me "Man Gravy".
man, this game is so hard. I just finished the rookie tournament last night. Using Luc I ran roughshod over the American chick and Liu Ping (like straight sets, 11-3 or 11-4 each time) before hitting Jesper, who actually pushed me until I figured out how to abuse backspin with him (he could NOT return drop shots, left bumper + backspin and hard backspin serves constantly negated his power, then I would use short topspin shots to force him to hot low shots and keep him out of his "power" zone). Then I hit Sulaymen, who just WORKED me. He was like Jesper x 10 in terms of power (he has a WICKED backhand), plus his accuracy was 10 times better. I finally beat him on the fourth try, but I don't really undersand what I was doing. Unlike Jesper, he kept adapting to my style, so if I started using a lot of drop + backspin he would creep up and smash them back at me, if I tried to push him from side to side he would return straight at me and cause me to loft it back so he could smash it. I think I just got lucky because he kept hitting smashes off the table. Had me very frustrated though, but still a LOT of fun.

hyp

table tennis is back on sale at fry's for $29.99

Does anyone get audio dropouts with this game when running in 5.1 sound.

It only happens for a spit second either on a replay or when winning a match. Not always but you notice it.

Its it the 360 and its shitty dvd drive?

Dr_Cogent

Banned
Holy shit. Just picked this up within the last week - and today playing it with my bro and uncle turned out to be a hoot. Incredible gameplay. I never thought I would like this title as much as I do.

squatingyeti

non-sanctioned troll
well, I was moving right along until I got to luc in the Pro/Hard tournament. How the computer reaches some balls just PISSES me off! My guy on the other hand seems to have a bowling ball lodged in his arse.

You guys that have been playing much longer, do you use the buttons or right stick to create spin. Also, when do you try to add more spin as opposed to just returning in a direction?

squatingyeti

non-sanctioned troll
never mind, I switched to using the buttons instead of the right stick and it's a whole new ballgame. I don't know why there's such a difference, but I handily beat Luc after at least 10 tries with the right stick and not even winning a game.

joaomgcd

Ok, I have a problem.

I have beaten the rookie circuit in about 9 minutes, and there are 2 achievements that didn't get unlocked that should have (beat it in 14 minutes and beat it in 14,5 minutes)... Anyone know why this happened?

hyp

squatingyeti said:
never mind, I switched to using the buttons instead of the right stick and it's a whole new ballgame. I don't know why there's such a difference, but I handily beat Luc after at least 10 tries with the right stick and not even winning a game.

buttons are the way to go... the right stick to me isn't as accurate, especially when you want to combine certain spins.

This thread needs life once again for this awesome game. I picked this up a couple days ago and have played 2-3 hours everyday since. It's too damn good.

Online against my bro is hilarious and though the singleplayer can be cheap and frustrating, I've never had this much fun or put this much emotion into a game before. When I beat the hard tournament I was ****ing exhuberant, jumping up and down and shit.

How many of you have beaten it on All-Star mode? I can't even imagine it after the difficulty of Pro. Anyone complaining about recent games being easy needs to play this game. COD2 on Veteran and Halo on Legendary are a joke compared to this and even though I found those easy.

joaomgcd

The all-star tournament is not that hard for me, with the power players... You can apply the same technique over and over.

I have not been able to advance with players that heavilly rely on spin though.

joaomgcd said:
Ok, I have a problem.

I have beaten the rookie circuit in about 9 minutes, and there are 2 achievements that didn't get unlocked that should have (beat it in 14 minutes and beat it in 14,5 minutes)... Anyone know why this happened?

are you on default settings?

joaomgcd

soul creator said:
are you on default settings?

Yes. I did get the best achievement of the bunch though, (the one that's something like "beat rookie tournament in 13,5 minutes) but not those other 2...

axxxj

Animator in Waiting
Sorry to drag this thread back again.
To UK gaffers Play.com has this for £17.99 and after playing the demo it's an absolute bargain.
Should be arriving tomorrow, gonna have to loose to some of you guys ;).

Suerte

axxxj said:
Sorry to drag this thread back again.
To UK gaffers Play.com has this for £17.99 and after playing the demo it's an absolute bargain.
Should be arriving tomorrow, gonna have to loose to some of you guys ;).

http://www.shopto.net/

The game is £17.99 but you get a £3 discount with your first order, bringing it down to £14.99. Awesome.

Top Bottom