• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Virtua Fighter 5 Thread

Bebpo

Banned
Agent Icebeezy said:
I ask again. Can you use the Hori stick from DOA4 with this on the 360 version. If not, I might just switch my preorder, buckle and buy another stick.

Why wouldn't you? It seems like you just doing some wierd trolling or something. I mean a controller made for the X360 will *gasp* work on the X360...why do you even need to ask?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Srider said:
Those of you still on the fence about the game... if you have a 720p TV, just wait until you put the game in and see it in motion.

Oh man, work needs to end like...NOW. It`s sitting in my briefcase. :(

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Did anyone else get Virtua Fighter 10th Anniversary for PS2 when they picked up VF5?

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
PRESENTING THE BRRRAAD SHOW

lion gets less and less cool with every vf game :/

play asia sent me a copy of vf 10th anniversary. it's already included in the us version of evo...but...nice box i guess.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Bebpo said:
Why wouldn't you? It seems like you just doing some wierd trolling or something. I mean a controller made for the X360 will *gasp* work on the X360...why do you even need to ask?

You are trying too hard. I own the stick from DOA4. Just because it was made for one game doesn't mean another will utilize it. If Xbox.com had a page up for the game, this question probably wouldn't have to be asked. However, everyone is mum on this issue since the 360 version isn't until August. When I play fighting games, I prefer the stick. Now, if the 360 version allows me to use it, then I can use the money that would go to another stick, on another game. If I can't use the Hori stick, that 60 and change is going to go to a PS3 stick. This isn't trolling. I don't even see how that could be surmised from what I said. So, back to my original question. If I can use the Hori Stick, I'll see VF5 in autumn and put that 60 on another game. If I can't use the Hori Stick, there isn't a point in waiting and I'll go look for a new stick soon before the 20th.

OMG CAN'T WAIT OMG CAN'T WAIT OMG CAN'T WAIT OMG CAN'T WAIT OMG CAN'T WAIT OMG CAN'T WAIT OMG CAN'T WAIT OMG CAN'T WAIT OMG CAN'T WAIT OMG CAN'T WAIT OMG CAN'T WAIT OMG CAN'T WAIT OMG CAN'T WAIT OMG CAN'T WAIT OMG CAN'T WAIT OMG CAN'T WAIT OMG CAN'T WAIT OMG CAN'T WAIT OMG CAN'T WAIT OMG CAN'T WAIT OMG CAN'T WAIT OMG CAN'T WAIT OMG CAN'T WAIT OMG CAN'T WAIT OMG CAN'T WAIT OMG CAN'T WAIT OMG CAN'T WAIT OMG CAN'T WAIT OMG CAN'T WAIT OMG CAN'T WAIT OMG CAN'T WAIT OMG CAN'T WAIT OMG CAN'T WAIT OMG CAN'T WAIT OMG CAN'T WAIT OMG CAN'T WAIT .

thetrin

MarkMan said:
I did! From Play-Asia...

I didn`t even know I was going to get it when I went this morning. I hadn`t preordered the game beforehand, but I guess that didn`t matter to my local store. :p

thetrin

BboyDubC said:
Guess he forgot? ;_;

DC`s in japan, you nub. :p

It`s only 6pm here. DC`s probably not even at home yet. We`re still working like poor slobs.

Dante said:
Is the 10th anniversary thingy gonna be available in the US?

Somehow I doubt it.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
TheTrin said:
We`re in japan, you nub. :p

It`s only 6pm here. DC`s probably not even at home yet.

Beat me to it.

And I'm sure Trin will support us all and track DC down for some pain if he does forget. =]

BboyDubC

Oh, my bad, I thought he imported the sticks or something. Guess that makes me a "nub". I should automatically know everyone's location, place of birth, a/s/l, the works.

thetrin

BboyDubC said:
Oh, my bad, I thought he imported the sticks or something. Guess that makes me a "nub". I should automatically know everyone's location, place of birth, a/s/l, the works.

It was a joke. :p

Well, if it was anyone else, it would be different. Pretty much everyone knows the general roster of JapanGAF.

Btw, Snake, do you intend to foot the ¥10 000 shinkansen ticket needed to beat DC over the head with a lead pipe? :)

thetrin

BboyDubC said:
Are all of the JapanGAF members American, or are any native Japanese people that just so happened to find GAF?

The regular japanGAF members are all native english speakers. Only a few members are native Japanese, though they don`t tend to post regularly on GAF.

thetrin

DCharlie said:
will be home around midnight JPN time.... IF i'm lucky. Check back in 5-6 hours.

Like a true gaijin! Nose to the grind!

I`ll probably be home at 11pm JPN time, so I know the feeling. :S

Loops

DCharlie said:
will be home around midnight JPN time.... IF i'm lucky. Check back in 5-6 hours.

If you can, test it with the PS2, too... i'm very interested in this information.

Pachael

Dante said:
Is the 10th anniversary thingy gonna be available in the US?

It's already available - VF4 Evo (PS2), US version - PAL's out of luck as usual, has it and if you're like me waiting for a PS3 (or 360) for VF5 you owe yourself to get it now.

Dazzyman

Where all susposed to get 10th anniversary with our JPN preorders (for first batch). Deal is JPN only as they never got the game before (was on USA/PAL VF4 evo not JPN).

thetrin

Dazzyman said:
Where all susposed to get 10th anniversary with our JPN preorders (for first batch). Deal is JPN only as they never got the game before (was on USA/PAL VF4 evo not JPN).

I never bought Evo, so it`s new to me!

KurowaSan

Dazzyman said:

not only VF4 Evolution was released at full price here in Europe but it also didn't have VF 10th anniversary.

Dazzyman

Didnt the PAL VF4 evo have 10th as a unlockable like USA one? If not euro lot should get it as an extra then (I think USA version of VF4 evo came out last). For me it made sense to get the JPN version with having a JPN PS3 otherwise it would be region locked (10th).

i got questions concerning the sticks:

does the Virtua Stick High Grade work with PS2 games BC on PS3?

does the HRAP3 work with PS2 games BC on PS3?

does the Elecom adapter + PS2 stick work on Virtua Fighter 5?

just being a cautious consumer.... :p

Dazzyman

Bah, looks like Play asia are messing about, my orders jumped right back now for the stick to 22nd Feb! If Id have known this I wouldnt have placed the order in the first place (it said instock next day when I placed it). Stuck either way now as by time the funds would clear back from them it would be too late as they have charged me for it already, not happy!

DCharlie

Banned
383707448_198271fe19_b.jpg

the stick!

for scale purposes!

gutter_trash said:
does the Virtua Stick High Grade work with PS2 games BC on PS3?
Didn't buy this one, maybe someone else can help?
gutter_trash said:
does the HRAP3 work with PS2 games BC on PS3?
I only have two PS2 games with my right now (EDF2 and VF 10th anniversary) and neither of them work with the HORI stick ;_;
gutter_trash said:
does the Elecom adapter + PS2 stick work on Virtua Fighter 5?
From what I recall, I believe Sega deliberately added some code to stop this working.

dock

DCharlie said:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/96/383707448_198271fe19_b.jpg
the stick!
for scale purposes!
It's a beast!! Even bigger than I expected! I have two of these bad boys heading to my office within the next couple of months (hurry up P-A and ship!).

Looks like Blaze is the new king of goofy quotes. "I'll be invincible beyong all imagination!!!"

Customization looks insane, please tell me you can have more than two versions of each character saved.

Top Bottom