• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Virtua Fighter 5 Thread

dock

I wonder whether there's any easy ways to transfer custom characters.

With the original VF4 on PS2, I loved the character storage system. Myself and a bunch of friends would all have our own memory cards with our characters on them, so when we played multiplayer we could swap in our cards, and then take them home with us.

I wonder what the custom character storage system is like on the PS3 version. Nevertheles, I'm excited for this game! I've ordered two sticks, and the game, and the strategy guide... all of which will arrive weeks before my European PS3.

dock UK said:

With the original VF4 on PS2, I loved the character storage system. Myself and a bunch of friends would all have our own memory cards with our characters on them, so when we played multiplayer we could swap in our cards, and then take them home with us.

I wonder what the custom character storage system is like on the PS3 version. Nevertheles, I'm excited for this game! I've ordered two sticks, and the game, and the strategy guide... all of which will arrive weeks before my European PS3.

You cnt anymore according to IGN i think it was ina weekly segment.

I have a question...does the game have english commentary as well?

Also will hte quest mode have an english option in the import version?

Bebpo

Banned
dock UK said:

It's too bad there's no AI mode since PS3 files are so easy to swap. We could easily make a VF5 character dump thread where everyone uploads their custom characters...but AFAIK there's no way to get the AI to play as them so all we could do is check out how they look. If it had the AI creating mode we could easily download everyone's AI characters and fight matches against them :\

Maybe in the X360 version of PS3 one with a patch/DLC...

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Lyte if you wanna play I'm down any time. :p

just... make your way to Osaka. :lol :lol

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Reno said:
Lyte if you wanna play I'm down any time. :p

just... make your way to Osaka. :lol :lol

You should come here to...uh...experience...the...culture...? Yeah, that's it. Meanwhile I can keep saying that YOU FEAR ME :lol

One of these days I'll get to Osaka. I've only been to the airport there so far...really want to see it.

Pachael

dock UK said:

That was a main complaint with VF4 Evo, which switched to a 'system file' with all character data on it so it's too difficult having to swap characters and all - looks like VF5's continued that trend :(

From the screens VF5 also doesn't seem to have what previous iterations had, such as the awesome AI mode (come on!!), awesome analysis of your fighting style (that VF4 has, but Evo skimped on it and VF5's probably similar) and of course no online capabilities - note that I'm not talking about online play. More: uploading/downloading friends' AI (koff) data, replays (especially for matches between good competitors), global high score list etc etc :(

KTallguy

Banned
Baby Milo said:
Does the US version have the commentary?

Yes, US version has English commentary if your PS3 is set to English, and Japanese commentary is your PS3 is set to Japanese.

Pachael said:
uploading/downloading friends' AI (koff) data, replays (especially for matches between good competitors)

You CAN save and transfer replays from the PS3 hard drive to your computer, and then put them on the web. It's clunky, but possible. I really wish there was more online functionality too.

Pachael

KTallguy said:
You CAN save and transfer replays from the PS3 hard drive to your computer, and then put them on the web. It's clunky, but possible. I really wish there was more online functionality too.

True, but I'd have liked it to be straight on the PS3 though rather than through PC and back - but then again I know VFDC or some other VF site would host the replays and users can vote their favourites, so all's not that lost. I mean for a while I was hung up about a 'live' VF.TV screen on your PS3 you could leave on like in the arcades while the PS3 downloads your friends' (or players in a region, best players, 1st dan players) replays and plays them on-screen, live, with commentary!

KTallguy said:
Yes, US version has English commentary if your PS3 is set to English, and Japanese commentary is your PS3 is set to Japanese.

Wow, I wasn't expecting the US version to get commentary. The character voice overs are legendarily cheesy, I can't imagine what actual commentary is going to sound like. :lol

Big-E

I was laughing at some of the Japanese commentary in the video so I think I am going to have to play with the Japanese commentary rather than the English.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Lyte Edge said:
You should come here to...uh...experience...the...culture...? Yeah, that's it. Meanwhile I can keep saying that YOU FEAR ME :lol

One of these days I'll get to Osaka. I've only been to the airport there so far...really want to see it.

Actually two of my friends who live in Fukui and Ishikawa qualified for the regional VF5 tourney so yes, I will be up in your neck of the woods sometime in March. :p

Bebpo

Banned
"«©NCSX» The PS3 version of VF5 was leaked to Japanese distribution last night and a partial shipment is already on the way. The first batch should arrive on Monday of next week and NCS will be able to process and ship some preorders upon arrival.

Please note however that the Virtua Fighter 5 HG Joystick was not released to distribution yet and is still scheduled to arrive on Wednesday or Thursday of next week. If you have a preorder on file for the VF5 game and the VF5 joystick, we'll hold your order until both items are in stock so the two items can be shipped together.

New orders that are submitted today will be shipped when the regular shipments of Virtua Fighter 5 arrive on Tuesday or Wednesday of next week. As mentioned when we started accepting preorders, the first production of VF5 includes a bonus copy of Virtua Fighter 10th Anniversary"

sooooo close

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Ugh... I had a tough choice.. it was either overnight from NCSX for $111 to San Diego...

Or 1-2 day FedEX from Play-Asia for VF5 + VSHG for $160...

I'm going with Play-Asia.... X_X

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Will either the High Grade stick or the HORI stick work with PS2 fighters as well? I'm close to pulling the trigger on the VFHG stick, but would like this little bit of info. =)

Dazzyman

Thanks for that, I caved in and ordered one from NCSX couldnt wait any longer (Im sure I can live with language if it comes to it as I play JPN VF4 evo just fine) I also ordered a Elecom adapter from the Tekken thread so fingers crossed that will work with my official VF4 evo stick and I wont have to fork out £90 for yet another stick (I have 3 for PS2 as it is!).

Can I ask where you ordered the strategy guide from Dock UK?

Bookey

Professional Monk
so from what ppl have said, jp version will have english language option with english tour mode? please say yes, put the preorder in for high grade stick a while back and tacked on jp vf5 today lol

Kintaro said:
Will either the High Grade stick or the HORI stick work with PS2 fighters as well? I'm close to pulling the trigger on the VFHG stick, but would like this little bit of info. =)

they have a HOME button so in theory they should work. Whenever you you start a PS2 game on the PS3, it always asks you you push the HOME button.

Kintaro

gutter_trash said:
they have a HOME button so in theory they should work. Whenever you you start a PS2 game on the PS3, it always asks you you push the HOME button.

Ok, which should I be looking at picking up? These sticks look pretty high quality. Were the parts for these two sticks (VFHG, and HORI Real Arcade Pro Stick 3 is the one I'm talking bout) confirmed to be good?

KTallguy

Banned
Kintaro said:
Ok, which should I be looking at picking up? These sticks look pretty high quality. Were the parts for these two sticks (VFHG, and HORI Real Arcade Pro Stick 3 is the one I'm talking bout) confirmed to be good?

The VFHG is confirmed to have Sanwa Parts, but unfortunately it's second hand info.

shortly after both sticks are release, will get impressions from various fighter forums and enthusiasts on them.

Seeing the pictures from the 2007 gaming setup thread, I'm sure MarkMan has already pre-ordered a VFHG stick or two :p

KTallguy

Banned
gutter_trash said:
shortly after both sticks are release, will get impressions from various fighter forums and enthusiasts on them.

We are getting some as soon as possible and we'll put up a full report for you.

Kintaro

Oof, over $100 for the VFHG. This thing better rock my face off. I do love a good arcade stick though. Least it'll last me the entire gen.

Bebpo

Banned
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-ze-49-en-70-1rln.html
IN-STOCK

With UPS delivery you can get it by Tuesday US most likely, Wed at latest probably.

Keep in mind NCSX will also have it tomorrow, but they are sold out for mondays shipment and won't ship new orders until tues/wed/thurs.

According to the illegal people on the internet the game is English & Japanese on the disc.

GO!GO!GO!

PS3 is alive and kicking :D

with shipping its gonna be double hte price of what i would pay if i just waited till the 20th here in canada.........but then again it has english and jap.

ugh so hard to decide.

Ultra

Pre-ordered this from ebgames today while i was picking up a battery pack for 360. This will only be my second PS3 game and I had it since launch :( Hope its good as it looks.

So tell me if I understand this correctly, by VF5 being both having English & Japanese on the disc. If I were to play the game with my NA user account, it'd be identical to the NA verison that comes out on the 20th?

Bebpo

Banned
Red Blaster said:
So tell me if I understand this correctly, by VF5 being both having English & Japanese on the disc. If I were to play the game with my NA user account, it'd be identical to the NA verison that comes out on the 20th?

Should be!

That's how Resistance, RR7 are.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
play asia is "preparing" my order -- i should have it this week :D

i decided to go with the basic hori stick, btw -- the vshg was really tempting, but i'm a casual player with no competition, and i don't need a $100 joystick

Kittonwy

Banned
Bebpo said:
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-ze-49-en-70-1rln.html
IN-STOCK

With UPS delivery you can get it by Tuesday US most likely, Wed at latest probably.

Keep in mind NCSX will also have it tomorrow, but they are sold out for mondays shipment and won't ship new orders until tues/wed/thurs.

According to the illegal people on the internet the game is English & Japanese on the disc.

GO!GO!GO!

PS3 is alive and kicking :D

Darn it are you tempting me to import?
Indifferent2.gif

I 'm tempted too to import but the NA release is a just a 2 week difference, and I will be getting into a crunch for a milestone we gotta deliver, so I wouldn't be enjoying much gaming for the next 2 weeks

me hold off for the NA release

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Oh man...if the English/Japanese bit is true, f*ck that - I'm importing! NCSX is located 4 miles from my house, so everything I order from them is one-day delivery.

nextwish

AlphaSnake said:
Oh man...if the English/Japanese bit is true, f*ck that - I'm importing! NCSX is located 4 miles from my house, so everything I order from them is one-day delivery.

It is true, i got my copy yesterday. English is there.

MegaTen

Banned
Having a copy of the game and a VSHG is going to be absolute torture since I don't have a PS3. I could get one right now, but there are some other things I need to take care of. I was planning on using my tax return to get one, so I hope it comes soon.

Bebpo

Banned
gutter_trash said:
oh man! i can't control myself, i'm changing my mind, i'm importing now

compulsive buyer confirmed

:p

It's the way we all get from reading GAF too much :)

JPN version is in stock as well for $69.95 now, but no real point unless you're picky about tiny spine differences and stuff as the discs should be identical.

Kittonwy

Banned
gutter_trash said:
oh man! i can't control myself, i'm changing my mind, i'm importing now

compulsive buyer confirmed

:lol

I'm going to exercise my self-control and keep myself from going to the PlayAsia site.
Indifferent2.gif

I'm gonna wait it out. I ordered the VSHG from NCSX until i get that i'd just be spinning my wheels. VF with no stick sucks.

wait a minute... the Virtua Stick is only available on the 8th!!

so even if the game is shippable now, I would have to wait for the stick for them to ship both together

blargg.. decisions decisions

J-Rzez

MegaTen said:
Having a copy of the game and a VSHG is going to be absolute torture since I don't have a PS3. I could get one right now, but there are some other things I need to take care of. I was planning on using my tax return to get one, so I hope it comes soon.

Here I thought it was a myth that people would buy PS3's with their income tax refund... har-har!

Must restrain myself, gotta buy from on US soil to do my part to show interest over here in series..............

Tell me about it; I ordered 2 VSHGs with no PS3 nor VF5.
Right now I am still not even sure when I will be getting a PS3 (either a price drop or when a white revision comes out w/ 65nm tech). :/

kiun

I have preordered both the HRAP3 & Sega VF5 joystick from NCSX. But I think I will wait and get the NA version just to show some 'support'.

BTW will the US journalist game characters be present in the JP version ?

Bebpo

Banned
kiun said:
BTW will the US journalist game characters be present in the JP version ?

The discs are identical and all that's changed is the menus/training text so....they should be!

Top Bottom