• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Worldwide VC, WiiWare, & DSiWare Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capndrake

Wii Will Rock U said:
Seriously, where the fuck is Smash Bros.
SSBB release date:
-JP: January 2008
-US: March 2008
-EU: June 2008

SSB VC release date:
-JP: January 2009
-US: March 2009
-EU: June 2009

Simple.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Neo Samus said:
Sonic Chaos is one of the better SMS/GG sonic from what I remember. I used to play it all the time when I was younger, but that might be nostalgia talking. I was really hoping for Smash this week.... :/
I thought Chaos was weaker than the first 2 titles, personally.

Sixfortyfive said:
I thought Chaos was weaker than the first 2 titles, personally.
I enjoyed it more as a kid, but that was probably because the only challenge the game brought forth was the final boss, and, even, it was simple.

Jazzem

crowphoenix said:
Edit: I wonder if we'll ever get Flashback: The Quest for Identity. That game was so awesome.

Funnily enough the SNES version came in the post today for £2. It's a pretty great game in some ways but it definitely could be more polished controls wise. Frustrations aside though I think it's a game I'll end up enjoying :)

Jazzem said:
Funnily enough the SNES version came in the post today for £2. It's a pretty great game in some ways but it definitely could be more polished controls wise. Frustrations aside though I think it's a game I'll end up enjoying :)
I loved it as a kid. I had the Genesis version. It was so hard though. The number of times I died was just insane.

"Now why did I die there? Ah! There was a mine."

lyre

jarrod said:
Ugh, so many good possible SMS games (Phantasy Star, Zillion, Psycho Fox, Golden Axe Warrior, Wonderboy III, Fantasy Zone 2, Golvellius, Power Strike, Double Dragon, New Zealand Story, etc) and we have mediocre Sonics accounting for a third the US releases so far. We'll probably get Spinball and Blast before Zillion or Golvellius at this rate. :/
Since that's gonna be in the Genny collection on PS3/360, I'm not going to bother downloading that for VC (in addition to most of the games that's in the collection). Ninty failed hard in this respect when they could have gotten paid long ago.

Hobbun

lyre said:
Since that's gonna be in the Genny collection on PS3/360, I'm not going to bother downloading that for VC (in addition to most of the games that's in the collection). Ninty failed hard in this respect when they could have gotten paid long ago.

Same boat I am in. I have the Sega Genesis collection and it has the first four Phantasy Star games. So I don't plan to purchase them for the VC.

Jazzem

crowphoenix said:
I loved it as a kid. I had the Genesis version. It was so hard though. The number of times I died was just insane.

"Now why did I die there? Ah! There was a mine."

Aha, tell me about it

:"Hey, that green swirly thing making buzzing sounds could be a teleporter! Okay let's try it-hey, why is the Game Over screen appearing? :("

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Original Post for week of Jan. 26 through Feb. 1

Nintendo adds new and classic games to the Wii Shop Channel at 9 a.m. Pacific time every Monday in North America. They go up every Tuesday in Japan. They go up every Friday in Europe.

Japan

This week's JP WiiWare games (released Jan. 27)

Minna no Theater Wii (Fujisoft, 1 player, 500 Nintendo Points, ?? Blocks)
Babelfished description: If 'theater Wii of everyone' connects Wii to Internet, it is the software which with anytime can look at the image work in [sugu]. When it is not necessary to go to the debt in the rental shop, liking, it is possible to enjoy the image work of DVD picture quality level in the large screen of the television. As for the work which using the “utilization ticket” can purchase with the Wii point and see, the movie and animation, the variety, 3,000 or more such as drama! Because the work steadily & keeps being added being renewed, it does not flee!

Popple to Mahou Crayon (G-Mode, 1 player, 800 Nintendo Points, ?? Blocks)
Babelfished description: It is the popup adventure where 'Popple to Mahou Crayon' reads the picture book which springs out and keeps advancing. The [ku] it is and as for popple of the grommet [bo] , it is seeking [be] ones, it jumps in the various picture books, but it is perplexed and why picture book which is packed in story stops midway. Then it tries sewing the picture book with the crayon of strange magic, grasping the item in the picture book tries and/or when, change happens in the picture book and story keeps developing. Operating well, please make the story of the picture book complete.

Crystal Defenders R-1 (Square-Enix, 1 player, 1,000 Nintendo Points, ?? Blocks)
Babelfished description: But simple 'the WiiWare of the crystal which can enjoy the strategy defenders' series 1st feature. The crystal because of the protection [ru], character of various jobs such as sol jar and black demon Taoist will be arranged in the map, the monster which is imminent will be pushed down. While advancing the game, because it can learn rule little by little, the series it is relief even with the person who plays for the first time. Nintendo Wi-Fi connection was utilized, also the other prayer and the ranking which rivals score are in the midst of holding.

Okiraku Sugoroku Wii (Arc System Works, 1-4 players, 500 Nintendo Points, ?? Blocks)
Babelfished description: The Okiraku Sugoroku series every of large popularity feature it is 3rd. This time the family “or, becoming the [ku],” around it does the [ku] battle! The die it shakes with Wii remote control, it accompanies, it is to be it strikes back the weir, with Gathering the family and the friend, the y y the [ri] lifting you are not wrong it is the party game! We correspond to Nintendo Wi-Fi connection pay service, the new map and we are possible as additional contents to increase the new costume.

This week's JP Virtual Console games (released Jan. 27)

Getsu Fuuma Den (Famicom, Konami, 1 player, 500 Nintendo Points, ?? Blocks)

Kaze no Densetsu Xanadu II (PC Engine, Nihon Falcom Corp, ?? players, 800 Nintendo Points, ?? Blocks)
(no screenshots available)

This week's JP DSiWare games (released Jan. 28)

[soriteia] DSi (Nintendo, 1 player, 200 Nintendo Points, 6 Blocks)
Babelfished description: One person of the tramp which from former times is loved in the world you play and inside “[soriteia]”, especially famous recording two types “of spider” and “clone Dyck”. As for name there is no thing which is heard, as for the one you have played suitable many expectation. There is a function of halfway retention, anytime and just a little, it can play to each time when it is less crowded with ease anywhere. When (turning the reset button and power source to OFF, being automatic, it is retained) In addition, because present victory ratio and the number of total victories are recorded, method of enjoying which wins and saves number little by little. In addition, in order not to play too unintentionally, present time and entire [soriteia] time etc of that day are indicated.

Nintendo DSi clock (Nintendo, 1 player, 200 Nintendo Points, ?? Blocks)
Babelfished description: As for the Nintendo DSi clock series, it is the software which can use DSi as the clock. (Editor's note: No shit!) The clock is indicated in the upper screen, can set time in the lower screen, can set the alarm and can set time difference etc. In the future, 'also the Nintendo DSi clock' other than photo stand typing, it is the schedule which is consecutively transmitted.

Almost Day Route Figure 2009 (Nintendo, 1 player, 500 Points, 51 Blocks)
Babelfished description: Almost the daily [itoi] newspaper makes, appeared “almost route figure 2009 edition of day” appears with the DSi wear as an option item “of the day log almost”. Recording the route figure of the nationwide 7 city 6 areas of Tokyo, Osaka & Kobe, Nagoya, Sapporo, Fukuoka and Kyoto. The JR line, it is the route figure where each route of the private railway corporation and the subway has become one. Being handwritten, it searches station name, verifying the emphasis indication and the plural route traffic stations of the route with touch. Furthermore by handwritten memo and the fact that the photograph is stuck, you can customize in your own sufficient My route figure.

Art Style: PiCOPiCT (Nintendo, 1 player, 500 Nintendo Points, 44 Blocks)
(no description available — there's a stupid-ass Flash site instead of copy-and-pastable text)
(no screenshots available — there's a stupid-ass Flash site instead of save-able pictures)

Art Style: SOMNIUM (Nintendo, 1 player, 500 Nintendo Points, 6 Blocks)
(no description available — there's a stupid-ass Flash site instead of copy-and-pastable text)
(no screenshots available — there's a stupid-ass Flash site instead of save-able pictures)

Just a Little Panel de Pon (Nintendo, 1 player, 500 Nintendo Points, 43 Blocks)
Babelfished description: It is the action puzzle of the simple rule where [pon] inserts the panel in left and right with the panel and can apply, three or more turns off arranging vertically or side. 'With Just a Little Panel de Pon' by the fact that it had become the DSiWare, anytime and inserted the software anywhere and when liking without being able to apply, enjoying, reached the point where it can receive. Having DSi vertically, you can play with the stylus. Also it is possible (to be effective and to set the hand). In addition, with setting having DSi itself on its side, in order to play, be able to set, it's also possible to play with the buttons.

Just a Little Several Position Tie Plugs (Editor's note: What the hell??) (Nintendo, 1-4 players, 500 Nintendo Points, 38 Blocks)
Babelfished description: As for 'Just a Little Several Position Tie Plugs', being able to connect the bill where the number is written on the board, the go/shogi type puzzle game which rivals score. The computer in the partner it plays go/shogi alone, thoroughly connecting to Nintendo Wi-Fi connection, it plays go/shogi with the maximum of 4 people. Also the puzzle like stuffing shogi is recorded.

Just a Little [asobi] Large All the Thoroughly Tramps (Nintendo, 1-8 players, 500 Nintendo Points, 31 Blocks)
Babelfished description: The tramp game which can be enjoyed thoroughly 5 types is the software which enters. Besides the fact that it can oppose with the computer, if the Nintendo DS series itself of number of people part (DS/DS Lite/DSi) it is, using DS wireless communication, it can play with maximum of 8 friends. Five tramp games DS software 'Anyone [asobi] Large All' and 'Also [asobi] Large All' are recorded with anyone of the Wi-Fi corresponding world. However, it cannot communicate with these software. In addition, Wi-Fi opposition is not possible.

North America

This week's NA WiiWare game (released Jan. 26)

Niki - Rock 'n' Ball (Bplus, 1-2 players, Rated E for Everyone — Comic Mischief, 500 Nintendo Points, 129 Blocks)
Are you in love with those unforgettable arcade classics where the only goal is to vanquish all opponents to reach the next stage? Niki - Rock 'n' Ball is a new interpretation of those games with a completely innovative and unique gaming mechanism. Roll along with Niki through fantastic worlds, find all the ZeLeLi pearls, and liberate your village from cuddly-yet-evil monsters before it's too late. Timing is everything. Jump in the nick of time to avoid landing amid barbs. Hop across the stages thanks to the realistic gaming physics. Snap on the ZeLeLi amulet, transform yourself into Niki Rock, and force even the most obstinate monster to its knees. Explore all the stages and win valuable medals while dribbling through them, alone or with a friend. Use familiar controls in Retro style, or experience novel controls in the Wii style.

This week's NA Virtual Console game (released Jan. 26)

Wonder Boy in Monster Land (Master System, Sega, 1 player, Rated E for Everyone — Alcohol Reference, Mild Cartoon Violence, 500 Nintendo Points, 25 Blocks)
After the defeat of the evil king, the kingdom of Wonder Land was a paradise…for a time. The peace was broken when a ferocious, fire-breathing dragon struck without warning and took over Wonder Land with a swarm of evil, monstrous henchmen, turning the once-peaceful land into the utterly chaotic Monster Land. Unable to fight, the people now look to Wonder Boy. Realizing that he is Wonder Land's last hope, Wonder Boy sets out on an incredible journey to rid the country of the monsters and defeat the "invincible" evil dragon. Guide Wonder Boy through various environments and dungeons, and defeat enemies using Special Weapons and Spells.

Europe

This week's EU WiiWare game (released Jan. 30)

Pop Them, Drop Them Samegame (Hudson, 1-4 players, 500 Nintendo Points, 46 Blocks)
This simple yet engrossing puzzle game challenges you to clear matching blocks in sets of two or more, with the ultimate aim of clearing the entire grid. Challenge yourself in solo mode or compete with friends in modes like 'Fame Game', 'Shame Game' or the crazy free-for-all 'Blame Game'!

Family Glide Hockey (Aksys Games, 1-4 players, 500 Nintendo Points, 231 Blocks)
Get all the thrills of the popular table sport from the comfort of your own living room! Bash the puck using the Wii Remote and pull off trick shots with ease. The game also features fun minigames and supports up to four players, so the whole family can join in!

This week's EU Virtual Console games (released Jan. 30)

None, of course. It's a WiiWare week!

Links to Related Threads

For a more exhaustive look at the entire WiiWare library, including recommended titles to purchase and to avoid, check out PantherLotus' WiiWare Discussion thread here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=247865

If you're looking for the old thread for Virtual Console and, to a smaller extent, WiiWare discussion, check out Kobun Heat's thread here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=129709
He... he wants you to complain about how shitty VC is. So do that there.

To see the OP from Dec. 22 — 28, click here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=14175114&postcount=158
To see the OP from Dec. 29 — Jan. 4, click here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=14249639&postcount=231
To see the OP from Jan. 5 — Jan. 11, click here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=14342653&postcount=389
To see the OP from Jan. 12 — Jan. 18, click here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=14440932&postcount=506
To see the OP from Jan. 19 — Jan. 25, click here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=14520344&postcount=662

bryehn

Lonpos is pretty awesome. I remember playing the real-life version as a kid. Great logic/spatial puzzler. Presentation's a bit plain but everything's functional, not ugly.

jarrod

Banned
lyre said:
Outside the SMS games, I already have pretty much everything I'd want already on that collection. Maybe if it'd have been around in 2006 things would've gone differently, but I can't really justify spending $30 on a collection of games where the only ones I'd really want would cost $10 total on VC. :lol

Arcade Fantasy Zone and Shinobi might be nice though... really, I wish SOA/Backbone had just done a pure arcade collection. :/

jarrod

Banned
Hey Dan, if you're interested in updating it...

Theater Wii of everyone (Fuji Software, 1 player, 500 Nintendo Points, ?? Blocks) = Minna no Theater Wii (Fujisoft)

Crayon of [potsupuru] and magic (G Mode, 1 player, 800 Nintendo Points, ?? Blocks) = Popple to Mahou Crayon (G-Mode)

Crystal [deihuendazu] R1 ([sukuuea] [enitsukusu] = Crystal Defenders R-1 (Square Enix)

Every and others the [ku] around it does [ku] Wii ([akushisutemuwakusu] = Okiraku Sugoroku Wii (Arc System Works)

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Well, a string of weeks with good VC games comes to an end.

Sonic Chaos is actually one of the better 8-bit Sonic games, if I remember correctly, but doesn't hold a candle to the Genesis titles.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
jarrod said:
Hey Dan, if you're interested in updating it...

Theater Wii of everyone (Fuji Software, 1 player, 500 Nintendo Points, ?? Blocks) = Minna no Theater Wii (Fujisoft)

Crayon of [potsupuru] and magic (G Mode, 1 player, 800 Nintendo Points, ?? Blocks) = Popple to Mahou Crayon (G-Mode)

Crystal [deihuendazu] R1 ([sukuuea] [enitsukusu] = Crystal Defenders R-1 (Square Enix)

Every and others the [ku] around it does [ku] Wii ([akushisutemuwakusu] = Okiraku Sugoroku Wii (Arc System Works)

uhhhh sure, why not. I'm updating the Japanese section with new stuff within the next day but that's fine. I'll change the archived post as well so that it's correct for public record, LoL.

Thank you, BTW.

JSnake

Danthrax said:
Original Post for week of Jan. 26 through Feb. 1
Just a Little Panel de Pon (Nintendo, 1 player, 500 Nintendo Points, 43 Blocks)
Babelfished description: It is the action puzzle of the simple rule where [pon] inserts the panel in left and right with the panel and can apply, three or more turns off arranging vertically or side. 'With Just a Little Panel de Pon' by the fact that it had become the DSiWare, anytime and inserted the software anywhere and when liking without being able to apply, enjoying, reached the point where it can receive. Having DSi vertically, you can play with the stylus. Also it is possible (to be effective and to set the hand). In addition, with setting having DSi itself on its side, in order to play, be able to set, it's also possible to play with the buttons.

:eek:

:O

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Okay, the archvied OP and the current OP are both set on those new translations.

I also added a little something extra to the OP. I have a link next to each region that takes GAFfers to the post where discussion begins in this thread pertaining to that region for that week. Should help the thread to feel like it's not such a monolith that no one can jump into and contribute.

Jiggy

Man God said:
[Ogre Battle or Super Smash Bros. on VC] would be fine by me, but somehow I'm feeling something different.

Something long forgotten.
Judging by the responses in here, I think it's going to stay long forgotten. :(

Sonic Chaos is a great game. You can play as either Sonic or Tails each with specific abilities, it's got the spin dash plus good level design and very nice graphics. But yeah, definitely needing some more variety in the SMS releases. WBinML was a good change of pace, hopefully after Sonic Triple Trouble they'll finally start branching out even more. Ever hear of market saturation, Sega?

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Triple Trouble was Game Gear only, no SMS equivalent.

It was also not as good as the first two 8-bit titles.

Sixfortyfive said:
Triple Trouble was Game Gear only, no SMS equivalent.

It was also not as good as the first two 8-bit titles.

You're right, my bad. For some reason in my head I was thinking it'd gotten a SMS conversion in either the UK or Brazil.

But anyways, Sonic Chaos is definitely worth 500 points in my opinion, especially for the folks who skipped the first two.

Agent Unknown said:
Sonic Chaos is a great game. You can play as either Sonic or Tails each with specific abilities, it's got the spin dash plus good level design and very nice graphics. But yeah, definitely needing some more variety in the SMS releases. WBinML was a good change of pace, hopefully after Sonic Triple Trouble they'll finally start branching out even more. Ever hear of market saturation, Sega?
Actually, Sonic Triple Trouble isn't even on Master System. It was a Game Gear exclusive.

Unless Sega wants to somehow port it to Master System hardware, which would totally rock.

They can still release Sonic Spinball, Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine, and Sonic Blast, but I doubt they will for any of those, on account of the first two having Genesis versions already and the third being an unplayable turd.

cvxfreak

Downloading DSiWare Solitaire. I'm addicted to the one I have on my iPhone, but a DSi version can't hurt either. :lol

Rlan

Sonic Blast was only on the Master System thanks to Brazil too. Outside of Sonic & Knuckles, we're pretty much out of Sonic games to put up on the service :)

Capndrake

Aaron Strife said:
Unless Sega wants to somehow port it to Master System hardware, which would totally rock.
Actually, when they first announced the Master System for VC they said they would be doing this.

beje

Banned
They've just updated the European VC with Clayfighter (MD) and Sonic Chaos (SMS)

So that's another week they're not getting my money. Not unless they update SMS, MD, NeoGeo and NES games with a propper 60Hz mode (or optimize the 50Hz mode as SNES and N64 releases)

Capndrake said:
Actually, when they first announced the Master System for VC they said they would be doing this.

They probably meant that they would just release Game Gear games as they are using the same Master System Emulator (Since the hardware is identical)

Rlan

Nuclear Muffin said:
They probably meant that they would just release Game Gear games as they are using the same Master System Emulator (Since the hardware is identical)

Practically identical. The Game Gear has a better colour palette. They've had the emulation perfected for years though since they're in Sonic Gems Collection and Sonic Adventure DX.

If that you'd get Sonic Triple Trouble, Tails Adventure, Tails Skypatrol and Sonic Blast.

beje said:
So that's another week they're not getting my money. Not unless they update SMS, MD, NeoGeo and NES games with a propper 60Hz mode (or optimize the 50Hz mode as SNES and N64 releases)
That's never gonna happen. And not all N64 and SNES games are optimized for 50Hz.

bmf said:
Both Danthrax and Huelen banned. Doesn't bode well for the OP Post.

...and that's why a thread like this should be stickied, monitored by a mod and have at least one or two other GAFers who could step in to manage the OP when something like this happens.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
PuppetSlave said:
Were not in real trouble unless Capndrake manages to get banned. I always just ctrl-f for his name to find out the releases.
:lol I'm glad I'm not the only bugger that does this. Let's all raise a glass for Capndrake! If it weren't for our shitty pings I'd play with you more on Steam.

Capndrake

PuppetSlave said:
Were not in real trouble unless Capndrake manages to get banned. I always just ctrl-f for his name to find out the releases.
:D

Japanese update next week is:

VC:
-Tactics Ogre (SFC)
-Dragon Slayer (MD)
-Winning Shot (PCE)

WiiWare:
-Boards Warriors (Snowboard Riot)
-Bubble Bobble Wii
-Kappa-kun to Asobou: Kappa-kun to 3 Bikino Koneko
-Okiraku Slot Car Racing

Also, we got a whole bunch of new Onslaught screens (46 total now): http://www.wiiware-world.com/screenshots/15219

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Capndrake said:

VC:
-Tactics Ogre (SFC)
-Galaxy Force II (MD)
-Winning Shot (PCE)

WiiWare:
-Bubble Bobble Wii
-Okiraku Slot Car Racing

Also, we got a whole bunch of new Onslaught screens (46 total now): http://www.wiiware-world.com/screenshots/15219

Me want.

lyre

bmf said:
Both Danthrax and Huelen banned. Doesn't bode well for the OP Post.
As mentioned eariler the Capn can still maintain his duties here (and hopefully he doesn't slip up), and I in the least can pop my head out to mod-abuse my way thru until the regulars return. Sure it won't be as pretty as the original intention, but I don't follow the thread THAT regularly (cause Ninty sux >:p ).

Andrex said:
Huelen was judged by Dragona for saying emulation = piracy, dunno what did Danthrax in.
You can easily find the answer for that with gaf's built-in search engine. This is also a lesson to be learned why people should stay out of dumb threads
or even dumb subforums >_>
. :p

jjasper

Capndrake said:

VC:
-Tactics Ogre (SFC)
-Galaxy Force II (MD)
-Winning Shot (PCE)

WiiWare:
-Bubble Bobble Wii
-Okiraku Slot Car Racing

I wish Square could somehow acquire the rights to the Atlus's translation and bring it out here but I know that will never happen:(

At least there is hope for Ogre Battle and possibly 64.

Capndrake

ESRB update:

Life Force Konami Digital Entertainment Everyone Mild Fantasy Violence Wii
Genghis Khan II KOEI Corp. Everyone 10+ Mild Violence Wii

Also, sorry, Japan isn't getting Galaxy Force II for Mega Drive next week (They got it this week), it's Dragon Slayer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom