• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OH TEH NOES. Wii *does not* come with component cable!

123rl

Is that for every region then? I thought the US/JPN consoles had component but the European one didn't

What happened to the all in one cable?

Same place no region lock went? Or do these people just talk out of their asses?

SantaC

yes this was reported by eurogamer earlier today. I knew CNET was bullshitting.

It was never an all in one cable. It was an all in one output.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
krypt0nian said:

Same place no region lock went? Or do these people just talk out of their asses?

What? Is there or is there not region lock?

reaver18

nintendo should have just released the wii controller for the gamecube instead of making a new system. wii = ripoff.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Stinkles said:
What? Is there or is there not region lock?

Game Industry says during the UK announcement Nintendo said NOA was wrong the system is region locked... stay tuned...

123rl

citrus lump said:
I wonder if component cables will even be readily available?

I wonder if they'll even work on PAL consoles :( And even if they do work (like the GC cables worked on a PAL GC), they might be useless if 480p is removed from the PAL games

manngc

Having the cable included would have saved a minimum of $30 on a Wii package. It sucks that it doesn't include it, but it really is no surprise coming from the SD only system. :p

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
00220028.jpg

2004%20Uncirc%20Nickel%20obverse-gs_small.jpg

+
dime.jpg

'ing

no purchase until a price drop.

Teleporter

Man i remember ordering a component cable for my gamecube at Liksang.com!
God that took like 4 months to arrive but it was the only way to find it... Hope the Wii version will prove more friendly!

Tieno said:
Eh, there was another thread that confirmed component/composite cables ala 360 premium...
Link? I got this information directly, and it was only an hour ago.

wasting said:
wow lame, they better atleast sell them..
Well they're making their games in 480p so obviously they will.

This is pretty much a giant non-issue. You can play widescreen with composite, so why would anyone care?

PS My GC Component cables better ****ing work.

Wow, the board quickly turned into those against the Wii and those with the Wii.

Link? I got this information directly, and it was only an hour ago.
It was some C/Net article where they even said to take it with a grain of salt.

Mashing

That sucks, but for me... it's not big deal. I have the Gamecube component cable which will work with the Wii. Unless I'm mistaken. The A/V port looks indentical anyway.

Things are very confusing right about now. I really wish the industry had some real investigative reporters. They're simple questions to ask, really. Pose a straight question, then get an answer. If an answer is vague or confusing, press them again. If they refuse, then call them on it publicly. More of that is needed in the news part of the industry.

Son of Godzilla said:
This is pretty much a giant non-issue. You can play widescreen with composite, so why would anyone care?

PS My GC Component cables better ****ing work.
They won't, because they don't have an audio output.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
_leech_ said:
This has to be the most up and down week ever...

I think somebody said it best when they said in the Apocalypse thread:

(paraphrased)

"On GAF, There is no such thing as an emotion between unadulterated excitement and bloodlusting anger"

or something like that. it applies here.

Top Bottom