• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okay cuffs off, what's the best superhero movie

What is the greatest superhero film of all time?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Geist-

S5wJzeL.jpg

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
It's clearly Spiderman 2 or The Dark Knight.

That said - we can disagree all day long. However, can we all agree anyone claiming it's a Marvel Studios joint is definitely wrong?

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Captain America: Civil War

Spider-Man 2 is great but has aged somewhat poorly in places, mainly in terms of pacing. Also everyone calls out the train fight but the actual best comic book fight in film for years was the fight with Doc Ock on the side of the clock tower. That shit is a comic book page come to life.

It's clearly Spiderman 2 or The Dark Knight.

That said - we can disagree all day long. However, can we all agree anyone claiming it's a Marvel Studios joint is definitely wrong?

Nope, because Civil War, Winter Soldier, and Avengers 1 are head and shoulders above anything else except The Dark Knight, and TDK is questionable as a superhero film because Bale's Batman is really just a guy in vaguely bat-themed armor rather than Batman. TDK is great but the fact that it's a Batman movie is practically incidental, much like Batman Returns.

Spider-Man 2 is great but has aged somewhat poorly in places, mainly in terms of pacing.

No what the fuck man no, no. Just no.

A part of what makes Spiderman 2 great IS the pacing. It moves, every scene is of importance to the story and character development-- I can't think of a wasted second. I cannot say that about most superhero flicks.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Train sequence is the worst. Dumbest shit ever. "Oh no of course Spider-Man I totally won't take a quick pic or blab about who you are... not at all, not a single skeezy soul on this train."

Stupid shit.

It being boring, aggressively so is its real crime.

Winter Soldier despite its inherent flaws (that every super hero movie has. All of its little concessions and misgivings each one has to do) is the only one to do right overall. Far from perfect but no super hero movie is.

Timeless

About TDK, someone (I think the Every Frame A Painting Guy?) said
every time he watches it, he enjoys it less
. And I don't know if I can fully go down that road, but Incredibles has been rock-solid for me ever since I saw it on release. For me, it's The Incredibles, then literally right after in my list of favorite movies is The Dark Knight. But I can imagine my interest waning on TDK over time. Heath Ledger has an amazing performance and character in there, but that's almost in spite of the silliness of the Nolan Batman universe. It's 2.5 hours long and easily could be better at 1.5-2 hours. All the Joker interactions are great but
looking back, besides some minor thematic points Nolan wanted to hit, I don't know if we needed Two Face in an already long movie

The Incredibles.

Iron Man.

After that order doesn't matter that much. Mask of the Phantasm, Dredd, Winter Soldier, Batman Begins...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom