• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OMG TAGS ARE GONE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha sukas! I've been posting on GA for over 5 years and I've always been "Member" or "Registered User". Welcome to my world bastards.

NetMapel said:
I think the fact that I am a female minority (also a female elite :lol) in GAF should automatically grant me a tag. C'mon, give me a tag, or I will sue you for being sexist and racist !!! This is the American way !

hairafter.jpg

You get nothing! You lose! GOOD DAY SIR!

B-b-b-but I shit bees! I shit bees! How will people know!? How will they know that I shit bees!? I guess I'll just have to end every post with ISB. :(

ISB

Celicar

Banned
Holy shit! Who would have thought that tags would be so important to you guys? Who fuckin cares? Did your tag make you feel special? "I'm not just a member! Look at me!!" I'm personally glad tags were lost. Mine was condescending and unnecessary. Now whenever I make an argument some idiot can post my tag and say something like "His tag explains it all. HAHA"

Pimpwerx

Celicar said:
Holy shit! Who would have thought that tags would be so important to you guys? Who fuckin cares? Did your tag make you feel special? "I'm not just a member! Look at me!!" I'm personally glad tags were lost. Mine was condescending and unnecessary. Now whenever I make an argument some idiot can post my tag and say something like "His tag explains it all. HAHA"
I want you to get your tag back. :lol :p PEACE.

Brannon

Starting anew... I like that.

My new request, starting now, is "3 times the 3peed!".

Please enact this protocol without delay.

Chipopo

Banned
In the wake of Olimario's tattered reputation at the hands of outed racist sentiment, he resorted to Reirom's Ninjas to hack in to the GA database and delete all tags...with the sole intention of leaving his "Im a dirty racist" branding behind him. This remains the only plausible explanation thus far.

fart

Savant
i'm not saying it's a bad thing, just hito's explanation makes no sense at all. the difference between "member" and "fucking idiot member" is probably minimal as far as monthly bandwidth bills are concerned. simplifying display code, getting rid of all images, etc; these are solutions to a transfer bulk issue.

BuddyC

fart said:
i'm not saying it's a bad thing, just hito's explanation makes no sense at all. the difference between "member" and "fucking idiot member" is probably minimal as far as monthly bandwidth bills are concerned. simplifying display code, getting rid of all images, etc; these are solutions to a transfer bulk issue.
That's why there's no server-side avatar hosting. And you'd be surprised at how cutting back on the small things frees up the server, I'm sure we'll see a lot more streamlining in the next few months as things ramp up. I have a feeling it's less of a bandwidth bill issue and more of a freeing up the server's CPU to allocate more viewers thing.

edit: Or I could just be spouting bullshit. Yea, I think that's it. Real reason the tags are gone is that there were just too many, everyone had one and it wasn't special anymore.

Chony

Why not just remove the member part completely? It serves no purpose now. If we are posting, it can only be asumed that we are members.

Mugen

Banned
^^Yah, just remove the Tags and get rid of the "junior members"'s ablity to have an avatar.

So Member = w/ avatar, Junior Members = no avatar.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
fart said:
Read my post again, and this time remember I'm making a reply to Matlock.

I once had a tag................oh well I didn't want it it was given to me for constant favor of Best Buy....I STILL THINK Best Buy > *.

<-----TAKE THAT GAF!

BuddyC

Chipopo said:
It's seriously weird that you guys aren't letting us know why this has happened. Just thought you should know :p
BuddyChrist83 said:
Real reason the tags are gone is that there were just too many, everyone had one and it wasn't special anymore.
According to Wasabi, it was a joint venture between him and bish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom