• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OMG TAGS ARE GONE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Otaking

I don't understand...everyone's so upset about losing their tag. Atleast you aren't stuck with a name you do not like. I'll be cursed with this name until the day I die (or until GAF has a clean start again [unlikely]).

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
WHAT1?!?! It took me so long to get my tag, even though it wasnt the best of them. I still want "unused member"

Brannon

Actually, if you use your avatar right, you can insert a tag into your avatar. So you can actually keep the tag, provided you want to go through the extra effort of resizing and properly resoluting the image. I shall try this within the next few days, and then AND ONLY THEN shall I be complete.

Forumers, prepare yourselves...

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
NLB2 said:
Why don't you just ask for a new name?
couldnt be bothered. They're all gone though, so it doesnt matter, but if they come again, I might ask for a new one?

Otaking

NLB2 said:
Why don't you just ask for a new name?
I'd ask for a new name, but I've seen what happens when you bother the mods when they're in a bad mood. Besides, I don't wanna come off as an annoyance. They probably deal with so many annoyances per minute, that they don't need my whining added on top of it. This is a huge forum, and a lot of work probably goes into keeping it alive. Therefore, I would rather them concentrate on keeping the forum clean then bothering with my small quibbles.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
its not that big of a deal, people. the newer tags weren't even that funny.

maybe they'll be rejuvenated with awesomeness and creativity.

kumanoki

Oh, I'm home from work now, you sons o' bitches.

I knew someone would pull some dirty shit like that. I just didn't think it'd be you. Demi, you fucking broke my heart.

demi

teehee8hc.jpg

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
Ah well. Being King of Hot, Moist Ass was fun. But all good things must come to an end. Such is the way of the samurai.

kamikaze

i suspect this thread is an attempt to dethrone the re4 thread as the longest in gaf history. what better way to get people to rant for months and months than to mess with their precious tag?

demi

kamikaze said:
i suspect this thread is an attempt to dethrone the re4 thread as the longest in gaf history. what better way to get people to rant for months and months than to mess with their precious tag?

You don't play with a man's balls.

hobart

<--- No longer part of a balanced breakfast.

Anyone else find it find that BC... who started the thread... says this only having gotten his tag after years (give or take... whatever) of being a Junior Member?

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
man... looks like I will have to go on a spree again soon

Chipopo

Banned
damn, I don't invest nearly enough energy in to the forum anymore to ever get a replacement tag...the only way I managed to get one last time was by tricking Hito in to thinking the biiiggg bbbaaddd bishoptl changed my username ;)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Ninja Scooter said:
on the bright side, i am finally completely free from Bishop's Lutherian shackles! VICTORY!

I finally got rid of Big Country......FREEDOM!!!!!

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
just making a post to see if i've still got my tag

*doesn't hold breath*

edit: :/

As revenge someone can start a "request a tag" thread. That should end well...

ElyrionX

I don't mind seeing all the tags wiped out.

What I don't like is that there is a complete lack of information pertaining to this particular event, forthcoming from the admins......

belgurdo

Banned
ElyrionX said:
I don't mind seeing all the tags wiped out.

What I don't like is that there is a complete lack of information pertaining to this particular event, forthcoming from the admins......

Yeah, I'm curious about this too...coding error or something?

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Whew! With no tags, I can finally post with wild abandon, without fear of lasting retribution!

I ONCE SAW A PENIS

DCX

DCX
I guess i will go down as the one and only " Best TAG " Champ in GAF history! :) The winning entry " I like to sign my own name after every post , pls mock me " :lol DCX in the Hall of Fame.

DCX

geogaddi

Banned
I remember the day I spent an entire hour on the "User CP", wondering how I could edit my friggen' tag.

I never found out how to do it. How did you do it ne ways?

belgurdo

Banned
geogaddi said:
I remember the day I spent an entire hour on the "User CP", wondering how I could edit my friggen' tag.

You can't edit tags here; mods (up until now I guess) usually gave you one if you asked, said something particularly memorable, or are known for something.

Maybe you could in the distant past though; I've only been here for a year and a half so would someone whose been here longer like to enlighten us?

Boogie

geogaddi said:

Just keep trying, you'll figure out how to do it eventually :p

atomsk

Party Pooper
DJ Brannon said:
Actually, if you use your avatar right, you can insert a tag into your avatar. So you can actually keep the tag, provided you want to go through the extra effort of resizing and properly resoluting the image. I shall try this within the next few days, and then AND ONLY THEN shall I be complete.

Forumers, prepare yourselves...

except that every other post on this forum go from grey, to light grey. so if you're posting at the wrong time, it'll show up as the wrong color and not look like it's matching the backround of the post.

shuri

Banned
NO MORE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN JUNIOR MEMBERS AND FULL MEMBERS!!!! WE'RE ALL EQUAL AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

scream3.jpg

Senior Lurker

MS Informed
In accordance to this catastrophic event, I'd like to apply to regain my precious "Junior Member" tag, whom without, my handle refuses to work anymore:

"Junior Member..... Senior Lurker".

......Wait.... I demand that my previous tag switches roles with my handle, with preceeding dots to boot!

.... Senior Lurker

A big, warm cookie goes to anyone who can do that, and a small complimentary gift*.

But really, tags are fun and to me were considered a staple of GAF.

B00005JMYC.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Complimentary gifts are limitied to 1 per nobody. Members of any society or something are not allowed to participate. Lone wolves aren't either.

EDIT: Gift was changed due to humoungus size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom