• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Once Upon A Time |OT| Happy Endings Gone Forever More

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Man, I LOVED this episode. Mr Gold is probably my most favourite character in this show, I always end up loving episodes that focus more on him and his fairytale character than Emma and the boy.

Arment

No one mentioned it yet, but the flower company that guy owns is called Game of Thorns. Nice little Game of Thrones shout out.

OUAT-game-of-thorns.jpg

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
The evil queen is hot, my main reason for watchin the show. I also like Mary Margerete aka. Snow White with her short hair.

Just watched. The beauty and the beast thing didnt hit me until he said "belle". Should have been obvious at "gaston", doh!

Surprising end. Almost a lost moment.

Medalion

Banned
Ah damn, this show keeps getting better and better, magnificent episode, great performances all around, even from Emma in her brief appearances. So it's finally revealed that our two antagonists remember their Fairy Tale past, wonder how this will play out.

And the fairy tale addage love conquers all (or almost) could save the Beast's soul (Rumplestiltskin). Saw it coming but still was delightful to watch his unravelling in his evil form.

The Evil Queen holds Belle hostage in a black hole from Mr.Gold, fabulous

No one's commented yet? WTF? Pretty good episode like all of OUAT so far. The mayor is getting real nasty now as she was somewhat weak early on. She's definitely a formidable opponent. lol @ August tricking Emma. Emma gets owned every episode it seems. Worst sheriff ever. Abigail or whatever her name is did a good job...I enjoyed her story. That siren was hot, as was Snow in the same costume. Death of the siren was pretty lame though. That's the best they could come up with? Preview for the next episode in 2 weeks wasn't jaw dropping but I'll be tuning in as usual as I love this show.

Arment

I loved the fairy tale side of things this episode. Happy endings always make me feel warm and fuzzy.

Every now and then I feel a bit sorry for the Queen and then she goes and becomes a mettlesome bitch. Sigh. I wonder if even she will get a happy ending.

I've been looking forward to the next couple of episodes. This show really has hit its stride now. These break weeks are killing me though.

Medalion

Banned
Another good episode

I dunno if they got a different director than usual tonight, but I couldn't help but notice how beautiful the cinematography, art-direction is getting for this show. The costumes, the use of effects is very good on this show's budget.
The use of the Siren was pretty cool stuff, coulda been out of Hercules or Xena. The angst of Mary and David's relationship is starting to grate on me a bit. I did enjoy watching the Letter burning and finding out David's fiance suddenly vanished or died.

God I hope this show has at least 2 full seasons.

SuperPac

Did I miss/forget something? I thought it was "Over" for Mary Margaret and David after the Valentine's Day "oops wrong card" thing but I guess not as they were back to being lovey dovey again.

Good episode and I don't think there was one scene this time where I noticed any horrible CG/greenscreening. Definitely a plus.

StuBurns

Banned
He just said he wouldn't give up looking for a way for them to be together, I would assume that way was him leaving his wife.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Loved the episode and I thought the Siren was really pretty! Too bad she was only there for maybe a minute or so.

One of the best yet. Top 5 for sure so far. The line about the getting a diagnosis from a guy who got his credentials from a pick axe was great. It was also good to see Stealthy again. *sob sob*. The pink fairy/nun was gorgeous and very adorable when she was messing everything up that she touched. Grumpy/Leroy did a great job although the cutting the power was pretty obvious.

Emma still is a tool. lol.

Arment

I really love their take on things in the fairly tale world. Getting their names from the axe was such a great idea.

Seeing Belle was interesting. I wonder if that's where she's being held prisoner.

Ratings turned out alright for last night's ep. 10.62 million viewers. Second most watched show last night after 60 Minutes. =)

Medalion

Banned
Love the appearance by Amy Acker... more Whedonverse alumni are making their way to this show, it's great

Can't tell if the shout out to Firefly(ies) was a coincidence or intentional considering the writer

Dreamy becomes Grumpy, and goes yo ho... a shout out to the actor's appearance in Pirates of the Carribbean

The episode in itself was very cheesy, predictable, and kinda wtf

What sorta lesson or good out was having them sabotage the power and then sell candles to people

People forgave Mary, but David gets picked up because of a cellphone call around the time of the death of his ex-fiance

At least the kid wasn't in this one at all

Granny was quite the bad ass. I love how she didn't flinch. I hope the skimpy outfit Red isn't gone now that she's taking on more responsibility.

Interesting twist to the Red Riding Hood tale.

Yeah, but poor execution. This was a case of Once trying too hard to put their own stamp on conventional fairy tales and legends. The Dwarves made sense after a while. So did the Lady of the Lake. This was throwing stuff at a wall.

Medalion

Banned
This ep was ok in my book, not super. I just don't like this Ruby character enough yet to care about her story. She's like this kinda slutty avril wannabe waitress who happens to be Red Riding Hood. Never found her all that hot, but the way she looked near the end of the ep imo was the best I saw her look.
The whole story about missing Catherine, and David and Mary is just confusing and boring me. But it's cool they made a return to the "Heart" of the missing Sheriff.

aett

That actress is gorgeous as Red, but just looks sort of skanky as Ruby. I agree that she looked nice at the end when she wasn't wearing all that makeup and stuff.

Zalasta

Wait, so no one thought it was ridiculous that whoever buried the heart put an out of place board on top of it to make it look less inconspicuous? Almost as subtle as a big red X to mark where to dig...this show has some interesting ideas but really poor writing at times.

Medalion

Banned
Pretty sure it was Regina/Evil Queen, and since this is magic fairy tale related, it was proper to bury it in a magical box or something... maybe for another spell or something.

If I make a season 2 thread, I am going to fill the title with LOST to get more people to watch this, as it is damn amazing at times.

Medalion

Banned
This was an amazing episode, wow... the show is the next Buffy the Vampire Slayer... I know I keep saying that, but damn. Great performances, revelations. I dunno why IGN gave this such a mediocre score... strongest ep in awhile.

Regina can implant memories, thus making David think he saw Mary kill Katherine.

Rumplestiltskin couldn't bottle love, until he mixed the hair of SNow white and Prince Charming, pretty cool.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Regina can implant memories, thus making David think he saw Mary kill Katherine.

Regina didn't implant that memory, that was from back in the fairy tale times. He was remembering when she was trying to kill the Queen, but because he's not aware of those events he connected it to Katherine going missing.

Really enjoying this show, it's solid. Surprised that people aren't getting more into it. How many more episodes are left in the season?

Vlad

Wait, so no one thought it was ridiculous that whoever buried the heart put an out of place board on top of it to make it look less inconspicuous? Almost as subtle as a big red X to mark where to dig...this show has some interesting ideas but really poor writing at times.

Uh, that was intentional. Much like with the knife in the vent in the apartment, it's a fabricated piece of evidence that was supposed to be easy to find, to help with the framing.

Zalasta

Uh, that was intentional. Much like with the knife in the vent in the apartment, it's a fabricated piece of evidence that was supposed to be easy to find, to help with the framing.

Uh, exactly my point? It was so obviously planted yet the characters (besides Emma) act like it isn't. I just think the whole subplot of the whodunit is really poorly written and executed. To be honest, the backstories are a lot more interesting than what is happening in the present.

Hobbun

People do stupid things, authorities are not going to second guess thinking that would be a stupid act on the criminals part. They can’t go “that’s just too obvious, it has to be a set-up.” Investigators are going to go in the direction where the evidence leads, which at this time is in the direction of Mary Margaret.

They have motive, murder weapon and the ‘dead body’ (heart) is in her jewelry box. You may have a detective/sheriff who has suspicions, and might do more investigating on his/her own (like Emma is doing), but they would arrest her due to the evidence.

Zalasta

People do stupid things, authorities are not going to second guess thinking that would be a stupid act on the criminals part. They can’t go “that’s just too obvious, it has to be a set-up.” Investigators are going to go in the direction where the evidence leads, which at this time is in the direction of Mary Margaret.

They have motive, murder weapon and the ‘dead body’ (heart) is in her jewelry box. You may have a detective/sheriff who has suspicions, and might do more investigating on his/her own (like Emma is doing), but they would arrest her due to the evidence.

See, now you're trying to apply real life police logic to a fairy tale show. So if we go your route of reasoning then it opens up a whole can of worms. What about how can Mary Margaret be able to extract a heart so perfectly without having any medical knowledge? What did she do to the body in such a short time? How can she have planned the whole thing (because obviously a crime like that has to be premeditated) so quickly? How could she elude her roommate who happens to be the sheriff and accomplished this? What would be her purpose to cut out a heart and then bury it in the woods for someone to find?

Yeah, the whole concept behind this murder and the framing is ridiculous. I don't see how anyone could justify that it's not.

Know very little about the Mad Hatter other than the Tom Petty music video as I've never read Alice In Wonderland and don't recall watching any of the movies...with that said today's ep exceeded my expectations.

Arment

Excellent episode yet again. I think it's cool they introduced Wonderland as another setting. Combined with the knowledge it exists and all the stuff the Mad Hatter gave us to work with we kind of have a better understanding of the way the worlds work.

So basically the hat did work. A bit of Emma's arc is reminding me of Jack from Lost. They introduced the person of faith vs. person of science thing last episode. This episode reinforced the fact that Emma just isn't willing to believe yet.

I figured the guy disappearing after a huge fall like that would raise alarms though.

Maffis

great episode, probably my favorite one so far.

i like how they set it up as every story ever told might have its own world and not simply being our world and the 'fairy tale' world. they're probably never going to use more than these worlds though, but i still like how they tried to explain it lol

tirminyl

I really liked this past episode and how the Mad Hatter gave explanation of the world.

This was a 22 episode season, is that correct?

Medalion

Banned
Very good episode, show is on a roll

Mad Hatter guy wasn't convincing me till the end

During Queen of Hearts/Wonderland sequence I think I saw floating islands a la Avatar and Lady Gaga hahahah

Medalion

Banned
So, is Emma starting to believe in the "curse" and the alternate reality of the Fairytale Land after her time with the Mad Hatter? I mean she is taking a closer look at Henry's book

Read an interview with Jennifer Morrison recently on IGN about the show, she keeps saying that her character is still not believing... and that's just sad. Her character has seen so much, experienced so much, she even has a freakin magical power that science can't explain, to tell when people are lying that goes deeper than intuition.

Arment

So, is Emma starting to believe in the "curse" and the alternate reality of the Fairytale Land after her time with the Mad Hatter? I mean she is taking a closer look at Henry's book

Read an interview with Jennifer Morrison recently on IGN about the show, she keeps saying that her character is still not believing... and that's just sad. Her character has seen so much, experienced so much, she even has a freakin magical power that science can't explain, to tell when people are lying that goes deeper than intuition.

Doesn't seem that way. She didn't believe the Mad Hatter, even after she saw his scar and disappeared after falling 20 feet. Even after the Huntsman exclaims, "I remember!" right before he dies.

We'll see next episode. She looked like she just might be ready to believe after the scene at the end with the book.

Emma's character is so dumb. I hope she starts acting smart sometime soon. Really she is my only gripe with the show. Gold, Regina...even the newspaper guy have fooled her many times. She doesn't believe in fairy tales even after Hatter, the Sheriff and her own freakin' son pretty much lay it out to her. She's a piss poor sheriff cuz she locks up her best friend even when she knows Regina had access to their apartment and could plant evidence with the keys Henry stole. I'm sure I could go on.

Just got around to watching the latest episode: definitely my favorite of the episodes so far. Got a lot of good information about the worlds and everything from the Mad Hatter: I hope he returns. He's a great character and it was a little sad. Are we under the assumption the last hat worked and he jumped worlds because of the fall? I wasn't sure if that's what we're suppose to assume what happened or not.

I wish they would just get to Emma believing sooner than later. I know they're trying to stretch it out for drama's sake, especially since this is a new hit show, but honestly the longer it goes on the more forced it's going to feel, especially if she runs into more people like the Mad Hatter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom