• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece: Kaizoku Musou Announced (PS3, Namco Bandai X Tecmo Koei)

Bebpo said:
Not to mention the fight with Crocodile was ridiculously good and thought out. The idea of using BLOOD as a liquid to harden sand was an incredibly badass way to finish that fight.
For me it will always be by using SWEAT! /4kids

survivor

Banned
tumblr_lqa5e5k5Kb1qklm53o1_500.gif

I want this game now

Meier

Big One said:
It is, though.
Oh shit, is it? :O It's just blu-ray movies that aren't or what?

I just ordered Inazuma Eleven and Xenoblade Chronicles the other day.. first time I've ever imported. Scary precedent has been set!

Famassu

Never really gotten into One Piece because by the time I would probably have had the time to start reading it, I'd been completely burned off by all these infinity-mangas that don't seem to END. Never. Ever. In a million years. (Naruto, Bleach, Berserk, Detective Conan, to name a few) I've just made a decision of not starting to read anything that's over 5000000 chapters and doesn't seem to be ending any time soon. If they ever stop, call me, before that I'll just focus on manga series that have the decency to end (Akira, Nausicaä, 20th Century Boys, Solanin, Planetes, Mushishi, Monster, GTO etc.).

Might still get the game if it's fun. I really liked the One Piece characters in Jump Superstars.

Meier said:
Yes, and even then it's not ALL Blu-ray movies, but just a part of them ( http://bluray.liesinc.net has a frequently updated list of all bluray movies and their region-lock/region-free status)

survivor

Banned
Famassu said:
Never really gotten into One Piece because by the time I would probably have had the time to start reading it, I'd been completely burned off by all these infinity-mangas that don't seem to END. Never. Ever. In a million years. (Naruto, Bleach, Berserk, Detective Conan, to name a few) I've just made a decision of not starting to read anything that's over 5000000 chapters and doesn't seem to be ending any time soon. If they ever stop, call me, before that I'll just focus on manga series that have the decency to end (Akira, Nausicaä, 20th Century Boys, Solanin, Planetes, Mushishi, Monster, GTO etc.).

Might still get the game if it's fun. I really liked the One Piece characters in Jump Superstars.
I was gonna rage at you and bitch slap you but then I saw that you read Solanin and Planetes. Wanna be my nakama?

inner-G

Banned
Meier said:

I just ordered Inazuma Eleven and Xenoblade Chronicles the other day.. first time I've ever imported. Scary precedent has been set!
Ps1/2 games are also region locked.

PS3 blu ray disc games are region free.

So I'm guessing this will come out in Europe but not the US like every other One Piece game after the first Wii one. At least the PS3 is region free.

Unlike the 3DS. I still want to play that one, Namco!

Cwarrior

Famassu said:

Yes, and even then it's not ALL Blu-ray movies, but just a part of them ( http://bluray.liesinc.net has a frequently updated list of all bluray movies and their region-lock/region-free status)

Why can't you enjoy the journey, why does it need an end? If your haveing fun watching(or reading) it, isn't that enough?

That’s like complaining to the miss that this blowjob has no end.

Famassu

survivor said:
I was gonna rage at you and bitch slap you but then I saw that you read Solanin and Planetes. Wanna be my nakama?
Sure

04N66.gif

Why can't you in enjoy the journey, why does it need an end? If your haveing fun watching(or reading) it, isn't that enough
I guess I'm just impatient. I hate watching TV shows weekly too, rather just wait till there's a Full Series Box Set or at least a Season #X Box Set.

udivision

Cwarrior said:
Why can't you in enjoy the journey, why does it need an end? If your haveing fun watching(or reading) it, isn't that enough?
The fun can stop, or something could happen that sours the whole series.
Plus, you have to imagine that no one started a manga with plans of 500+ chapters.

That's why The Last Airbender is probably one of the best examples of shounen although being American: it began, it ended, and it was a great show.

The anime has a lot of good pay offs if you invest the time. Some great fights, fantastic music, and the voices to for the characters are important to know IMO

But man its at like 500 episodes. I caught up when it was at 250 - 300 and that was a serious time investment I only managed cause I wasn't working at the time

I'd watch it up to the end of the Water 7 arc at most and then read the manga. The quality of scans before then is pretty poor, and the anime drops a bit in quality after that arc so its probably the time to make the change

udivision said:
That's why The Last Airbender is probably one of the best examples of shounen although being American: it began, it ended, and it was a great show.
The show has another two seasons in the works that, like One Piece, has a time skip, though it's a seventy year leap. So I hope you're in the mood for more Lemurs, cause Nickelodeon's got a heft helping of 'em.

Jomjom

Banned
Meier said:

Yes Blu-Ray movies and DVDs are still region coded. Every single Blu-Ray game released to date is region free.

Kaizer

Banned
My Reaction:
RMgEH.gif

HELL TO THE FUCK YES! My favorite anime and my favorite relaxing game genre combining together? Awesomesauce. I'll be importing the shit out of this whenever it's released.

Big One

Banned
udivision said:
Plus, you have to imagine that no one started a manga with plans of 500+ chapters.

Have you even read One Piece?

How the fuck is the setting or storyline ever going to make sense unless it was a completed 1000+ chapters?

I'm pretty positive these comments are coming from non-readers.

survivor

Banned
udivision said:

Or basically Fullmetal Alchemist

udivision said:

One Piece is different, with mangas like Bleach (and Naruto to a lesser extent) you don't really know the end goal, it doesn't seem planned out in any way, its just padded out with whatever the author has made up at the time

One Piece is different, we know the end goal is to get to the end of the Grand Line. We've known about many of the islands well in advance like Fishman Island. It may not have been initially planned out for 1000 chapters, but it is now and has been for a while. So right now its about the journey. OP isn't a manga with no end in sight, its just that the end is a long way off.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
spindashing said:
Same here. In fact, this will be the first game that I will import if that's the case.
I've only imported a few times like when I bought a DS for Ouendan and I have Xenoblade on the way. I have to really want to play something if I'm importing it.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
atomsk said:
<---- Sogeking pleeeeease

100 shots, 100 hits

Sogeking and super fat Usopp would be great.

I mean if there was any series that was perfect for a game like this it would definitely be OP. So many characters who are all so different.

Top Bottom