• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OnePlus one officially announced! 299$ 16GB, 350$ 64GB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any incentive for giving invites? Like does the person giving the invite get anything? I'm more than willing to wait until tuesday to buy one but if it will benefit someone else I wouldn't mind an invite.

beat

Feels like the most recent update or two really hurt battery life. Even a few hours on airplane mode, with GPS off, ate 2-3%.

mnannola

Going with 12S first as I assume it will be both more stable and have more features. Will keep an eye on Oxygen to see what the consensus is over the next month.

MercuryLS

Banned
Going with 12S first as I assume it will be both more stable and have more features. Will keep an eye on Oxygen to see what the consensus is over the next month.

Yeah I'll probably do the same, I gotta say that I don't like CM on my OPO right now. There are some weird bugs in it.

pieface

Oooooh a OPO thread.

Had my phone for about a month now and love it. Glad to got it before the price increase. It's an amazing piece of kit for the price.

Any ideas when Lollipop is coming?

m23

You guys still happy with your devices? Debating if I want this or the LGG3.

I've had it since January and I couldn't be happier with it.

Oooooh a OPO thread.

Had my phone for about a month now and love it. Glad to got it before the price increase. It's an amazing piece of kit for the price.

Any ideas when Lollipop is coming?

I believe they said by the end of this month.

Engell

You guys still happy with your devices? Debating if I want this or the LGG3.

The G3 is the better device IMO(hardware), i have the One, but my colleagues have the G3, basically they do the same thing, i am super happy with my one plus. But some of the things are just a bit better on the G3. I think the One has some better things software wise out of the box, but you could do the same to the G3.

What it comes down to in the end is the price difference.. when i shopped for a phone the G3 was way more expensive. Since then the price on the G3 has dropped on the other hand the price of the One is still the same. I have actually seen the G3(16gb) being sold for the same price as the one(64gb) at one point(some super offer), and then i think its a no brainer.

But that said i love my oneplus, and i have no real complaints for the price. (covers are crap, except for the folding cover)
and the G3 is a bit shorter but slightly thicker

G3 has microSD-card slot, stabilized camera, laser focus finder, better audio output, better screen.... etc
one more thing, if you get the 16gb version of the G3 it will only have 2gb system memory, the 32gb version have 3gb just like the one.

Sinfamy

Everyone complains that they can't hear me well, anyone have low quality/ volume problems with their mic?

Anyways to increase mic gain?

Blablurn

The G3 is the better device IMO(hardware), i have the One, but my colleagues have the G3, basically they do the same thing, i am super happy with my one plus. But some of the things are just a bit better on the G3. I think the One has some better things software wise out of the box, but you could do the same to the G3.

What it comes down to in the end is the price difference.. when i shopped for a phone the G3 was way more expensive. Since then the price on the G3 has dropped on the other hand the price of the One is still the same. I have actually seen the G3(16gb) being sold for the same price as the one(64gb) at one point(some super offer), and then i think its a no brainer.

But that said i love my oneplus, and i have no real complaints for the price. (covers are crap, except for the folding cover)
and the G3 is a bit shorter but slightly thicker

G3 has microSD-card slot, stabilized camera, laser focus finder, better audio output, better screen.... etc
one more thing, if you get the 16gb version of the G3 it will only have 2gb system memory, the 32gb version have 3gb just like the one.

I was looking at the 16GB model the whole time. And I dont really want 2GB of RAM anymore. And the 3GB model for the LGG3 is a lil too expensive for me. So I guess I will go for the One Plus One.

Takuan

Hoping it's Lollipop. The latest OS update slowed things down a tad and re-introduced a minor (but annoying) lock screen bug for me.

Though I guess I'm in better shape than my buddy who's had constant rebooting issues since he got the thing.

3rdman

Hoping it's Lollipop. The latest OS update slowed things down a tad and re-introduced a minor (but annoying) lock screen bug for me.

Though I guess I'm in better shape than my buddy who's had constant rebooting issues since he got the thing.
Its already confirmed that 12s drops on the 30th...oxygen os is releasing 3 days earlier.

MercuryLS

Banned
CM12S will be an OTA update. You'll have to actually Flash Oxygen in order to get it.

Yeah, I've been unimpressed with CM on my OPO. I get quite a few application crashes and often the multitasking is wonky, the current app doesn't show up there the first time I tap the button and I have to tap it again.

Yeah, I've been unimpressed with CM on my OPO. I get quite a few application crashes and often the multitasking is wonky, the current app doesn't show up there the first time I tap the button and I have to tap it again.

CM 12 Nightlies or 11S? I stayed on the 44S build of CM11 after reading how many bugs people were getting from 50Q. It's been rock solid for me thus far.

The G3 has the same size screen, but the actual size is noticeably smaller than the OnePlus.

I held a G3 in a store and had the same problem I have /w the one sizewise.

The Sony Z3 though, that felt perfect, but it was way too expensive for me and I couldn't get less than a 24 month contract on the network I wanted.

Probably a game controller. CM12S also comes out that day I believe.

I hope it's one of those wrap around ones, a compact one of those would be awesome.

Engell

wait really? can you elaborate?

OnePlus One Protective Case and OnePlus One Clear Case makes you phone feel like cheap toy crap, they don't grab the phone with enough force and the materials don't live up to what is used in the phone. especially the cut outs for the volume/power-buttons/camera make the construction feel weak/flexy. It also makes the phone much more slippery so you better pray to the phone gods that it will actually protect you phone. So they are in no way worth the money and should never have been made to start with.(also bothers me more more then it should the the side cut outs on the are not symmetrical, when they actually could be without any problems)

The OnePlus One Flip Cover one the other hand has a pretty nice premium feel to it, its not slippery and the construction is full on each side of the phone with extended buttons in the plastic that actually feel better than the buttons on the phone. The plastic is also better quality and don't have any noticeable flex and doesn't feel like it would instantly crack. Basically they should use this as a base for all their covers and just remove the front flap.(guess you could do that with a scalpel, but would surely leave some weird looking edges)

this is ofc just my personal opinion (and my wifes, and my collegues)
and i dont know about 3rd party stuff

OnePlus One Protective Case and OnePlus One Clear Case makes you phone feel like cheap toy crap, they don't grab the phone with enough force and the materials don't live up to what is used in the phone. especially the cut outs for the volume/power-buttons/camera make the construction feel weak/flexy. It also makes the phone much more slippery so you better pray to the phone gods that it will actually protect you phone. So they are in no way worth the money and should never have been made to start with.(also bothers me more more then it should the the side cut outs on the are not symmetrical, when they actually could be without any problems)

The OnePlus One Flip Cover one the other hand has a pretty nice premium feel to it, its not slippery and the construction is full on each side of the phone with extended buttons in the plastic that actually feel better than the buttons on the phone. The plastic is also better quality and don't have any noticeable flex and doesn't feel like it would instantly crack. Basically they should use this as a base for all their covers and just remove the front flap.(guess you could do that with a scalpel, but would surely leave some weird looking edges)

this is ofc just my personal opinion (and my wifes, and my collegues)
and i dont know about 3rd party stuff

Thanks for the writeup man. Perhaps Ill get the flip cover instead and/or the bamboo cover...which looks pretty sexy but I have concerns about dropping it (although I take excellent care of my phones and have dropped them less than 5 times in my life lol...but ya know we're all risk-averse etc.)

Also apparently orders to Canada are on hold while they explore alternative shipping methods...just my luck lol

Engell

Thanks for the writeup man. Perhaps Ill get the flip cover instead and/or the bamboo cover...which looks pretty sexy but I have concerns about dropping it (although I take excellent care of my phones and have dropped them less than 5 times in my life lol...but ya know we're all risk-averse etc.)

Also apparently orders to Canada are on hold while they explore alternative shipping methods...just my luck lol

bamboo is a new backplate for your phone and will not protect anything, so yes you need the cover aswell, but i wonder if the bamboo will change the dimensions of the phone to maybe make it not fit a tight cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom