• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OnePlus one officially announced! 299$ 16GB, 350$ 64GB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

oti

Banned
I still love my OPO but since the update my battery is acting up (it told me Google Play Services used 102% of the battery yesterday, I'm sorry what) and Chromecast doesn't work as well as it did before the update. I hope they'll patch this.

My battery was acting strange a few weeks ago, got rid of my 3rd party e-mail app (I think it was Boxer) and that made a huge difference, also got DU Battery Saver and my battery life is really good now

Oh yeah, I had a similar issue after upgrading to COS 13. Seems to be fixed now, but my settings app still crashes whenever I try to access battery settings.

Finally at a point where I'm ready to upgrade from my Nexus 5 and G3. I'm not sure if I should get OPO or Nexus 5x. I would like a good budget phone with a nice camera.

Any opinions?

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
You can get a Nexus 5X for a lot less too.
I don't think that's necessarily true. Unless you can find the 32GB one for cheaper.

OP2 - 350 (64GB)
N5X - 350 (32GB)
N5X - 300 (16GB)
OPO - 300 (64GB)
OPX - 250 (64GB)

I would probably go for the OPX if you're really into saving money.

Finally at a point where I'm ready to upgrade from my Nexus 5 and G3. I'm not sure if I should get OPO or Nexus 5x. I would like a good budget phone with a nice camera.

Any opinions?
Probably the 5X, but I'm not really keen on that design.

Wtf, having crazy battery drain due to Google Play Services. Nearly gone after 4 hours of moderate use...

Edit: oops, maybe it's this location spoofing app I've had running. Shutting that shit off.

kharma45

I don't think that's necessarily true. Unless you can find the 32GB one for cheaper.

OP2 - 350 (64GB)
N5X - 350 (32GB)
N5X - 300 (16GB)
OPO - 300 (64GB)
OPX - 250 (64GB)

I would probably go for the OPX if you're really into saving money.

Probably the 5X, but I'm not really keen on that design.

Could've sworn the 5X was $199 in the US on Fi.

digdug2k

Not me if it still have camera autofocus issues and the shitty freezing OS that requires hard reset every now and then.

I'll probably jump to Asus next if I ever do.
I put the the Oxygen 3.0 beta on my OP2 a month ago and its pretty good. I actually like my phone again. Battery life is a little low, but the camera went from shit to good.

My wife had a 5X for a while. It was pretty awful. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. Slow. Froze often. And the camera just refused to start often. Its what finally pushed her to iOS. I think Google kinda just sent it out to die next to the 6P.

RuGalz

I put the the Oxygen 3.0 beta on my OP2 a month ago and its pretty good. I actually like my phone again. Battery life is a little low, but the camera went from shit to good.

My wife had a 5X for a while. It was pretty awful. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. Slow. Froze often. And the camera just refused to start often. Its what finally pushed her to iOS. I think Google kinda just sent it out to die next to the 6P.

March update fixed a lot of problems with 5x.

Starviper

Wasn't there a new 3.0 of Oxygen OS that was pushed out? I tried, but System Update is still telling me there's nothing.

EDIT: Nevermind, looks like all articles point to that beta that was linked.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
You can reflash TWRP and SuperSU. Or use this as an opportunity to switch to a better ROM. If you like Oxygen, try Freedom OS. It's Oxygen but with built-in root.
I followed the instructions in the link and I was able to load TWRP back. So I didn't have to erase anything.

I haven't tried Oxygen yet, and I've been too lazy to switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom