• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OnePlus one officially announced! 299$ 16GB, 350$ 64GB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thenexus6

My sister dropped her phone yesterday, top of the screen is cracked however it still turns on and off fine. Touch is completely unresponsive though, so i've given her a OTG adaptor and a wired mouse haha.

Currently going through repair support with one plus however it doesn't take too long. She's only had it 5 weeks.

So I dropped my phone. Screen is cracked and needs to be replaced.

What's the best way to get this fixed if I'm not savvy enough to do it myself?

I don't know if there's anyone local that can do it. :-(

thenexus6

So I dropped my phone. Screen is cracked and needs to be replaced.

What's the best way to get this fixed if I'm not savvy enough to do it myself?

I don't know if there's anyone local that can do it. :-(

If you read above I am dealing with a similar situation. One plus wrote me back and said they'd repair it for £100.

My girlfriend got her phone last week but it's only updated to 4.4.4. I have the phone and I'm on 5. I can't see where in the options I can manually check for an update.

Does anyone know? Thanks

Man, when are they going to announce the One Plus Two? I really want to see that and if Google does a competitively priced N5.

They're doing the same thing they apparently did this year, by doing a slow drawn out hype campaign. They just announced that the OnePlus Two will have a Snapdragon 810, which turned into a mess because the 810 has a heating problem. They then shot back with "we're underclocking it so it doesn't overheat" and "it's certainly going to be more expensive than $322 because of the 810." (there was a rumor that was the price point).

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/oneplus-2-rumors-we-are-mad.316975/

oti

Banned
Sometimes my phone just unlocks itself in my pocket, it once posted on twitter. Gestures are all turned off.
And other times it doesn't respond to any input just to freak out moments later. Didn't have these problems before lollipop.

Pimpwerx

I'm not sure I'm going to get the OP2. The CPU situation sounds messy. Then again, if it's a battery champ with solid performance, I might have to jump in again. Battery life and form factor are the reasons I got my OPO. PEACE.

Are there any good guides for the stock camera app on the One Plus?

It's a pretty good camera but there are so many damned options and no way to tell what most of them are.

Rootbeer

Banned
I'm not sure I'm going to get the OP2. The CPU situation sounds messy. Then again, if it's a battery champ with solid performance, I might have to jump in again. Battery life and form factor are the reasons I got my OPO. PEACE.

What's the problem with the CPU they announced? They said it is a new hardware revision that doesn't have the overheating problems of the earlier 810s.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
What's the problem with the CPU they announced? They said it is a new hardware revision that doesn't have the overheating problems of the earlier 810s.

tumblr_n7gd7fbCdv1r5k1n4o1_400.gif

Rootbeer

Banned

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/oneplus-2-cpu-qualcomm-snapdragon-810-v2-1.316786/

Although there have been reports that the 810 runs warmer than its predecessors, we assure you that we have taken all the necessary precautions and beyond to prevent this from occurring in the 2. We worked very closely with Qualcomm’s engineers to integrate an improved version of the chipset (v2.1) in the OnePlus 2, and fine-tuned both hardware and software. The 2 will be “cooler than ever”.

At least this is what is being claimed. Is there reason to believe it isn't true?

RuGalz

At least this is what is being claimed. Is there reason to believe it isn't true?

Xiaomi already launched a phone with v2.1 and it still has issues. There's nothing to save 810... It may help that OP2 clocks it at 1.8ghz instead of 2.0 to reduce issue but you might as well spend less on cheaper chip that would have as good performance.

Maybe if OP2 stays at 1080p then it won't push the chip hard enough to overheat...

TheTux

My battery life has pretty much turned into utter garbage.

I came in here to mention the update I got...My battery life has essentially doubled.

* Insert "Welcome to NeoGaf" image here *

Seriously thuogh I'm considering changing my current phone and getting this one, I'm looking for a ~300€ phone that can last at least 3/4 years, is OnePlus One what I'm looking for?

A lot of people say it's great but some have problems like short battery, I remember that during launch some people got a phone with a yellow screen, did that get fixed?

Thanks in advance

3rdman

* Insert "Welcome to NeoGaf" image here *

Seriously thuogh I'm considering changing my current phone and getting this one, I'm looking for a ~300€ phone that can last at least 3/4 years, is OnePlus One what I'm looking for?

A lot of people say it's great but some have problems like short battery, I remember that during launch some people got a phone with a yellow screen, did that get fixed?

Thanks in advance

The other guy clearly has a rouge app that is keeping his phone awake. There was a bug in an older version which had this but updates solved the issue. Perhaps he hasn't updated or at the very least some program is screwed up on his phone.

Windam

Scaley member
The other guy clearly has a rouge app that is keeping his phone awake. There was a bug in an older version which had this but updates solved the issue. Perhaps he hasn't updated or at the very least some program is screwed up on his phone.

Rouge has sunk low if she's gone from stealing Chaos Emeralds to phone battery life.

GtwoK

Anybody else having touchscreen issues since Lollipop? Mine has become drastically unresponsive, and it makes typing a slow, hellish nightmare. I feel like my mom using a keyboard, individually having to seek out each letter I need to type and pressing them with a 1 second pause in-between. Any faster than that and auto correct takes over and every word is wrong.

Also: ghost tapping? My screen gets random taps when I'm not even near it. Makes using the phone completely impossible once it starts, and requires a reboot to fix. I can't even tap the on-screen reboot button, because the frantic ghost tapping closes it before I can do anything.

It gets worse when the phone is charging too. More electricity flowing through it = more sensitive touchscreen?

I love Lollipop, but Oneplus really butchered this. I've tried multiple complete formatings, and nothings fixed it.

I was planning on getting this, but there seem to be a bunch of issues. I might just pick up a zenfone two in its place :/ Gonna miss goat lg g2 battery though.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Just installed the update. Had to fetch the whole thing since I'm using TWRP.

Will see how it holds up over the next few days.

OP2 launching July 27. Definitely getting it ASAP. Heard a lot of good things about OPO and I'm in the market for a new phone. Hopefully it's not too hard to get one. The invite system sounded like a pain for the first one, but they say it'll be a lot smoother launch for OP2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom