• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OnePlus one officially announced! 299$ 16GB, 350$ 64GB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripon

Finally on Lollipop. Cyanogen, OnePlus, etc. need to fix their OTA schedule. I had to get a friend to download the update APK and do it for me.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
How does one install an icon pack into Cyanogenmod 12? This is one of the reasons I like Paranoid Android, it had easy settings for those. :?

Priz

Strange, I'm not sure what just happened. Got the system update notification for lollipop. Downloaded it, it finished. It said it'd take 20min to install and to make sure the phone had sufficient battery life. Plugged it in to charge it and the install button on the page greyed out. Accidentally hit the home button, now I can't get back to update it. Click on check for update, none found. I know it was downloaded... Suggestions? Help?

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Strange, I'm not sure what just happened. Got the system update notification for lollipop. Downloaded it, it finished. It said it'd take 20min to install and to make sure the phone had sufficient battery life. Plugged it in to charge it and the install button on the page greyed out. Accidentally hit the home button, now I can't get back to update it. Click on check for update, none found. I know it was downloaded... Suggestions? Help?
If it's on your phone, you can install manually by by first locating it on the file system, using File Manager.

Then do a reboot like it says in the site I linked to a few posts up, and install it from the location it downloaded to.

It shouldn't take more than a few minutes once it's installed.

How does one install an icon pack into Cyanogenmod 12? This is one of the reasons I like Paranoid Android, it had easy settings for those. :?

I just download it from the Play store (the icon pack) and then just go into theme setting and just change the icons. May be I am missing something because I am not sure what you are asking.

Item Box

Has anyone been able to get smart lock working with a chromebook? My chromebook can find and pair the OPO via bluetooth just fine, but unable to connect to it.

The OnePlus One can now be bought without an invite.

It's also $298/$348 now compared to its previous $299/$349 price.

I bought mine a week the price drop, I want my dollar back

beat

I'd say no, but I hate the new notification system. Things look a little prettier, but that's about the only benefit to going to Lollipop. Cons outweigh the pros in my opinion.
Well, and fixing the Google Play Services no-deep-sleep bug.

But I'm seriously bummed Lollipop removed lock screen widgets.

RuGalz

Just go to privacy guard and take away google player service's permission to wake up the phone. It doesn't really hinder the functions that much and the battery saving is significant.

beat

Just go to privacy guard and take away google player service's permission to wake up the phone. It doesn't really hinder the functions that much and the battery saving is significant.
Too late for me; I already updated. But I had tried to change permissions and something I did made Google Play Services crash a lot, so I changed them back.

Well, and fixing the Google Play Services no-deep-sleep bug.

But I'm seriously bummed Lollipop removed lock screen widgets.

I just wonder who at google thought the decisions they made with notifications and widgets were a good thing? Also why do I have to swipe up on my screen to enter my pin code when I could just enter it immediately when I turned on the screen in KitKat?

There is a google play services fix on the XDA one plus forum though if you need to fix that memory leak.

RuGalz

Too late for me; I already updated. But I had tried to change permissions and something I did made Google Play Services crash a lot, so I changed them back.

The battery saving still applies. Google services really wakes up the phone way too much. By denying Google Play Service and FB (you won't get FB notifications) my wife's OPO can last 3 days instead of 2 with moderate usage.

beat

Also why do I have to swipe up on my screen to enter my pin code when I could just enter it immediately when I turned on the screen in KitKat?
This annoyed me so much I enabled the face recognition thing that -- most of the time -- lets me skip the swipe code authentication step.

This annoyed me so much I enabled the face recognition thing that -- most of the time -- lets me skip the swipe code authentication step.

Lollipop is all about adding extra steps to do things that used to be easier. The goal of software is supposed to be to make things easier google.

Pimpwerx

Got my phone yesterday. Got it with the cover case and an orzly tempered glass protector. It's my first phone in 2 years. It's replacing my HTC One. It's fast. I love the screen size. I don't play games anymore, so I can't speak on that front. Performance in everything else is great though. A noticeable improvement over my last phone, but that's to be expected.

I'm running CM12. Not a nightly, though. I had a minor hiccup in the while update and reroot process when TWRP wouldn't replace the Cyanogen recovery. I had to Google that and learned you have to manually reboot after flashing a.new recovery. I'm not gonna bother with OxygenOS until it's better than CM. I'm not looking to experiment right now.

I'm looking forward to the OnePlus Two. PEACE.

My battery life has pretty much turned into utter garbage.

LtbH9UO.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom