• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OnePlus one officially announced! 299$ 16GB, 350$ 64GB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recieved mine today. Everything good so far but the reception, which is terrible.

Worse than my 3 year old budget phone.

Just don't be out in hot weather. laid my phone inside a towel in a pool chair and afterward im getting the ghost touch screen issue.

Fortunately im still within the 45 days required for a dispute/refund.

Done w/ this cheap ass company. Prolly gonna get a galaxy note 4 or N6

I thought the whole point of Cyanogen Mod was that Cyanogen would control the release, not Google?

If you root the phone you can download CM12 right now. OTAs like CM12s and other phone otas need to be certified by Google before they get pushed (by Google).

Well, I haven't moved, and I have the same mobile provider as always...

Are you judging it by the signal strength icon? Or you actually have terrible reception. I haven't have any problem with mine either with data or voices, at first I though the reception was crap because I was getting 1 or 2 bars but I read somewhere that the carrier phones are tweak to make those signal strength bar look good. I don't know if there are any truth to that.

Just don't be out in hot weather. laid my phone inside a towel in a pool chair and afterward im getting the ghost touch screen issue.

Fortunately im still within the 45 days required for a dispute/refund.

Done w/ this cheap ass company. Prolly gonna get a galaxy note 4 or N6

I'm really curious about how prevalent this issue is, as it's one of the things really standing in my way from getting the phone.

Are you judging it by the signal strength icon? Or you actually have terrible reception. I haven't have any problem with mine either with data or voices, at first I though the reception was crap because I was getting 1 or 2 bars but I read somewhere that the carrier phones are tweak to make those signal strength bar look good. I don't know if there are any truth to that.

I'll have to do some testing.

m23

Yeah, I usually see 2-3 bars but my reception is perfectly fine. I don't know what the issue is with the reception display but mine is fine in terms of quality.

Yeah, I usually see 2-3 bars but my reception is perfectly fine. I don't know what the issue is with the reception display but mine is fine in terms of quality.

Supposedly they using "true" signal strength reporting and not the deceptive one that carriers demand phone manufacture phone to show a better looking signal bar. Again, I don't know if there are any truth to this but the reception on mine is no better or worst than my previous phone (Lumia 1020) but the signal bar are always 1 or 2 less than what shown on my Lumia.

I have two invites for 64gb if anyone here want it. It's expiring in less than a day. They used to allow for longer expiration but last few invite have really short life.

I'm really curious about how prevalent this issue is, as it's one of the things really standing in my way from getting the phone.

There's a 54 page thread dedicated to it on oneplus.net. I've left other phones in direct sun on the beach for a few minutes without issue. The worst that's ever happened was an iPhone that gave a heat warning and wouldn't allow usage until it cooled. This phone wasn't even in direct sunlight except when I went to check messages or change a song.

It's definitely a hardware issue, and is likely some sort of cheap adhesive that assists in the grounding of the screen as speculated by others. I'm thinking once temperatures get too hot, this adhesive expands or melts, causing the screen to lose sensitivity due to improper grounding.

Further corroborating that theory is now one day later (after being in my air conditioned condo all day), the screen is back to working normal, as I'm assuming the adhesive shrunk (and thus 'bulked' up enough to shield). It's really annoying as I love this phone and if I could guarantee it wouldn't happen again, or that it would always be temporary, I'd live with it.

Given the number of unresolved complaints though I think it's better to move on. I was really sure when I received my phone that Oneplus had improved their production process, but unfortunately it doesn't seem so.

Akito

I've been using my new OPO for about a week now and I don't regret the purchase one bit.
It's looks and feels really nice, is blazing fast and lasts me the whole day even with 8 hours of music playback over BT and a few hours of web browsing. I had to get used to the bigger form factor at first coming from a N4 but there's no coming back now. I even like and occasionally use the gimmicky touchscreen gestures. The only thing I'm missing is Lollipop so CM12 can't come soon enough.

I've been using my new OPO for about a week now and I don't regret the purchase one bit.
It's looks and feels really nice, is blazing fast and lasts me the whole day even with 8 hours of music playback over BT and a few hours of web browsing. I had to get used to the bigger form factor at first coming from a N4 but there's no coming back now. I even like and occasionally use the gimmicky touchscreen gestures.

Felt the same exact way for almost a month. Just pray you don't have any issues pop up outside of paypal dispute availability

Engell

I don't get why people keep complaining about the google service just block its ability to get your GPS location, waking up the phone, and keeping the phone awake.. problem solved no fancy rooting required, the tools to do this is already installed from factory

Seanspeed

Banned
I don't get why people keep complaining about the google service just block its ability to get your GPS location, waking up the phone, and keeping the phone awake.. problem solved no fancy rooting required, the tools to do this is already installed from factory
I did this and it did not stop the extreme battery drain.

Engell

I did this and it did not stop the extreme battery drain.

goto settings > privacy > privacy guard
click the 3 dots in the top > advanced
find the google play service in the list, select it and set all its attributes to Denied. There is something like 20 attributes and you can deny them all, after that go one step back click the 3 dots in the top and select reset allow/deny counters this way you can follow what is actually happening going forward. (sevices that use the function a lot will be at the top of the list)
I also set deny on the location service keep awake setting.

and then reboot your phone

yes....must be rolling out slowly damn it!

I don't know why anyone would wait for OTA if you have some computer proficiency. I usually just go download the zip file and just update the phone instead of waiting for OTA. This is one thing I love about Android and especially the One Plus where you are not shackle by the carrier or phone makers.

I download the zip this morning and it was install and done by the time I have my coffee and breakfast. So far it's seem to work great. Fast and fluids and I like the new themer and mail apps. The old mail app was OK but ugly and Google mail app while look nice always constantly download mail even the one I already read and deleted.

a lot of people have been running the latest nightlies on their phones and im reading good things. i wouldnt be worried.

I jumped in until they authorize my return.

Using parts of the Voltare theme, love the look of it.

Too bad this phone is defective, I was growing to like it a lot

Gav47

Is this still worth picking up? My old phone just broke and I had been looking at the Zenfone 2 but the review for it on GSMArena was pretty underwhelming and I can't find stock of the 4GB model anywhere in Europe. Are there any other phones in this price range ($/€3-400) I should consider?

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
I don't think there are many devices with a value/cost ratio like the OPO, even after a year from its release
It was a very last minute decision, since I didn't really want to spend more than I had to. Still, even though it is a year old, it seems like it will be fine.

24hr Invite GLTP-D5EA-YV4R-VQTO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom