• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OnePlus one officially announced! 299$ 16GB, 350$ 64GB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP2 launching July 27. Definitely getting it ASAP. Heard a lot of good things about OPO and I'm in the market for a new phone. Hopefully it's not too hard to get one. The invite system sounded like a pain for the first one, but they say it'll be a lot smoother launch for OP2.

I'm just hoping they will let people who already have the OPO buy a OPT without an invite.

Kevyt

That looks appetizing. I was in dire need of a phone replacement, went in and bought the Asus Zenfone 2...

I'm reading that the battery is average which sucks... and I'm reading that the OPO battery is amazing, and that OPT will be even 10% more durable.

Kevyt

The invite system is a turn off, and so is the snapdragon 810 processor that OPT is rumored to have. Likewise, rumor has it that the camera is still practically the same.

I think I'll hold off for OP3 next year.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
My phone has an issue related to the headset plug. Touch screen us going havoc. How do I know it's the headset plug? Well for starters no sound comes out from the earpiece. I have to use an app that disabled the headset plugged signal so it never thinks a headset is plugged. If I plug one sound comes from it but if I unplug it the sound will still try to come out from the headset plug. This has caused some issues in my phone, touch screen goes havoc and the touch sensitive buttons have stopped working. They only work if I plug a headset. I guess it must be related to a ground problem or something. Anyone has experience with the this weird as shit problem.?

Kevyt

My phone has an issue related to the headset plug. Touch screen us going havoc. How do I know it's the headset plug? Well for starters no sound comes out from the earpiece. I have to use an app that disabled the headset plugged signal so it never thinks a headset is plugged. If I plug one sound comes from it but if I unplug it the sound will still try to come out from the headset plug. This has caused some issues in my phone, touch screen goes havoc and the touch sensitive buttons have stopped working. They only work if I plug a headset. I guess it must be related to a ground problem or something. Anyone has experience with the this weird as shit problem.?

Nope.

Sorry I couldn't help but notice your tag though... lol

bachikarn

So I completely shattered my screen. The touch screen doesn't even work now. Anyone know what my options are to fix the/replace the screen?

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
I can't seem to update to the latest ota . phone keeps rebooting. Can somebody help me out
You can download the whole 650 MB file and go into recovery mode (I think you have to hold down the volume down button) and install the ZIP.

I forget if file access on a PC is still active while in recovery, otherwise you have to use adb to send the file to your internal memory.

the file is still in my system cache, so when i went to install it in the recovery menu, it still stops, saying theres an error

edit nvm. i redownloaded the COS12.1 OTA seems to be working now

hateradio

I'm getting a weird issue.

My WiFi goes off while the phone is on lock mode.

I wonder if the upgrade messed up something.

><

U2NUMB

Got my invite tonight... my current phone is bugging me with all the little bugs since the last update so I am considering.

Do we know pricing? I dont want to lock in till I know.

Got my invite tonight... my current phone is bugging me with all the little bugs since the last update so I am considering.

Do we know pricing? I dont want to lock in till I know.

? It's already available to purchase. It's $389 for the 64gig storage and 4gb ram version .

U2NUMB

? It's already available to purchase. It's $389 for the 64gig storage and 4gb ram version .

My bad.. thought it was still a mystery and was posting from my phone... gonna have to do a comparison to find out if its worth that.

Thanks for setting me straight.

bachikarn

So I finally got around to replacing my broken screen. When I went to test it, the bottom half of the screen doesn't work :/

Anyone know if this means I messed up something or if my replacement screen was defective?

U2NUMB

Getting support for the broken mic on my phone has been soul crushing. This company is so far behind the times. The hoops I went through over a period of weeks has resulted in nothing. The DHL truck never showed up. I am done buying from this company.

This company is so bad, and they made only one really good phone (if you got one that didn't have a bunch of issues).

Was so excited about their potential and they mess up on every turn.

how do i change the cards back to the old google search menu?
o7HvgKM.jpg

If you drop your phone a couple times, is it unheard of for the camera to get messed up?

When I first got the phone, the camera worked great, day or night. Now the focus screws up constantly, and I can't take a decent picture in anything but perfect light to save my life.

It's quite frustrating.

If you drop your phone a couple times, is it unheard of for the camera to get messed up?

When I first got the phone, the camera worked great, day or night. Now the focus screws up constantly, and I can't take a decent picture in anything but perfect light to save my life.

It's quite frustrating.

Try a different app. What have you done to troubleshoot?

Jonnax

Had be a OnePlus One where the USB port stopped working.
These people have done everything to not honor their warranty and hit me with a £200 fee that I refused to pay.
Their support is truly unprofessional and don't give a damn.

For example I quoted their warranty in a post. And simply their reply to me was telling me to read their policy with a link to the page that I had copy and pasted from.

If you buy their phones, assume there is no warranty.

hateradio

Update:

The full ZIP is finally available. You can flash SuperSU 2.71 (or newer).

Edit: Android Pay doesn't seem to complain about the phone being rooted. Will test in the real world whenever I get the chance. :D

I got Ota update last Monday and so far it has been really smooth. One minor thing is now at my work when the connection is poor it seems to kick me off work WiFi (which require a sign in). Overall I think it is good and I am keeping the phone may be for another year.

beat

Does the phone now vibrate every time it loses or gains wifi? or changes profile? (I have it set to change profile on joining my home wifi, and my home wifi is a little weak at my bedroom.

Whatever is causing it, it's crazy annoying.

Also, I still don't know how to turn specific apps from sensitive notifications (so no specifics are shared on the lock screen) to non-sensitive.

Plus, I don't like how app icons that aren't large enough (or something?) are shrunk down and wrapped in a gray box.

Birbo

Finally got my OTA Marshmallow update a few days ago. Few odd hiccups at the start; a few programs needed permissions checked again, my Poweramp app had to be uninstalled and reinstalled to work and yesterday my data service just stopped working for an hour or two. Other than that, it's business as usual. Runs smooth and really not sure what new features I should be looking for. Still love this phone.

Seems like it's Google Now On Tap, or whatever it is called, that's the big new feature. I haven't been impressed with it, but I'm probably using it wrong.

hateradio

how do you change app icons?
Settings > Themes > Wrench Icon

Or choose the stock theme.

You can install more icons from the Google Play store.

It's definitely dying, I'm waiting for the new One Plus phone to come out.

But the update makes the phone die about 50% faster than last night.
My battery has been pretty stable. However, I do notice that Google Services has taken about 57% of it since last charge.

Hate google.

My battery was acting strange a few weeks ago, got rid of my 3rd party e-mail app (I think it was Boxer) and that made a huge difference, also got DU Battery Saver and my battery life is really good now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom