• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oof! - Tommy Tallarico selling his house

calistan

The mirrored ceiling in the dining room... How the hell could he afford all that (tasteless crap) from being a videogame musician? This thread makes a great juxtaposition with this one:

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Tommy has done a lot for video games. I will check it out. If his house is in Cali that is a hard no.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
No, that was Kenji Yamamoto. Tommy's claimed he was involved in interviews but I don't know of a corroborating source.
HBomberguy did a big takedown on the guy linked elsewhere in this topic.
I did not know that.

Was asking sincerely, and apparently I'm wrong. Wasn't trying to imply anything. Looks like I was misinformed, that's all.

Last edited:

panda-zebra

Banned
First time I saw Tallarico, he was touring this house on that OPM demo disc. Made me feel really nauseous at the time.

Pathological liar, grifter, and narcissist only partially describes this POS. Normally I'm pretty good about separating the art from the artist, but not for him.
Does the separating art form artist thing apply when most of the art isn't even his? When he just paid others to do the bulk of the catalogue he claims as his own? Internet sleuths have done so much good work separating the art from the con artist and attributing each to their rightful creators.

RagnarokIV

Ahh yes the “Tomb Raider dining room” and “Spider-Man shrine”.

Surprised they haven’t advertised the “Elvis Shrine” he had too for a while

Markio128

Spanish What GIF

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
The mirrored ceiling in the dining room... How the hell could he afford all that (tasteless crap) from being a videogame musician? This thread makes a great juxtaposition with this one:
I wondered that too. The Ferrari out the front, the spiderman room, numerous hideous but expensive design decisions.

He's obviously done well for himself.

Edit: apparently with some "help"

Last edited:

DrCheese

Such a shame he went the way he did - I've been to Video Games Live twice & both times were amazing - Would go again if they were in the UK..

He could have just carried on doing that, but instead he went down the super scamtastic route and is now almost a pariah in gaming circles.

SaiyanRaoh

Is it possible, just possible that he’s just leaving CA just like everyone else is now for…..reasons? Seriously asking.

Last edited:

Toots

Gold Member
this is like how a poor 9yr old boy thinks rich people live
You're good !
from wikipedia
"According to the LA Times, his home in San Juan Capistrano "looks as if a 12-year-old with a huge bank account went wild", including a life-size Indiana Jones, several Star Wars characters, and a statue of Merlin.[45] Tallarico has falsely claimed that the house had at one point been featured on MTV Cribs.[46][11][43][47] As of February 2024, he has listed it for sale for $2,999,000.[48]"

:messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

IAmRei

Thanks to this thread, now i had new knowledge : )) i read the amico things and wondering how is the current state of the console

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

I met the guy once, he was perfectly nice, but man has he gotten in deep with some of his weird lies and the whole Amico debacle.

ReBurn

Gold Member
He bought this house when it was worth much less than $3 million. He was probably making decent money when he was doing Video Games Live and doing concerts. Buying that stake in Intellivision has probably wrecked him financially.

Edit: looks like he's still doing concerts as part of VGL.

Last edited:

Krathoon

I could see that the Amico was a bad idea a mile away. It wasn't beefy enough.

If it had a bunch of retro stuff on it, it would have been good.

Kdad

Why / how did his luck run out?
I would presume he's going to be facing some consequences over Amico in the long term...making false statements regarding the company's principal officers, while raising funds for that company that has yet to deliver a product, isnt a good look.

Hell they are being sued for office equipment and dude tried to bring in 100k over the border in cash (so had to give it up). Dudes a mess.

Last edited:

Hudo

Not sure who that guy is but...

<Choose according to your position:>
a) Good for him!
b) Lmao, fuck that guy.

He is one of the luckiest bastards ever and it seems like his luck ran out.
Dude was putting out some bangers back in the 90's/00's. He's a legend. Kinda like the CliffyB of the music side of the business, great for a while, but thought too highly of himself for a very long time.

Doesn't really discredit his body of work though.

Plus Electronic Playground was bad ass for it's time, good companion show to X-Play.

Did he got this house from the money he was making during his 90's game music composing?

To be fair, houses in the 90's were highly affordable. Heck you could've bought a starter home/condo with a minimum wage job back than.
San Juan Capistrano in the early 90's was a whole bunch of horse ranches and home steads. He got in early when they started to build modern homes there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom