• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Opinion: Cyberpunk 2077 is one of the most DISAPPOINTING games ever!

Bartski

Gold Member
Hey remember that 7 million USD grant CD Projekt received from the Polish government to support the development of the game?

The official document shared by the NCBR gives us a decent amount of insight on each proposal. CDPR's four proposals were focused on the following game development goals:

- City Creation
Comprehensive technology for the creation of "live", playable in real-time, cities of great scale based on the principles of artificial intelligence and automation and taking into account the development of innovative processes and tools supporting the creation of high-quality open world games.

- Seamless Multiplayer
Comprehensive technology enables the creation of unique gameplay for many players, taking into account the search of opponents, session management, replication facilities, and support of a variety of game modes along with a unique set of dedicated tools.

- Cinematic Feel
Comprehensive technology for providing a unique, film quality RPG with open world, also taking into account innovative solutions Process and unique set of dedicated tools.

- Animation Excellence
Comprehensive technology enabling a significant increase in quality and production of complex face and body animations for open world RPG games, also taking into account the innovative process solutions and a unique set of dedicated tools.

:messenger_astonished:

Again, here is the list of features that were not imagined by gamers falling victim to their own self inflated hype but revealed to be present in the game by CD Projekt Red, discussed in pre-release event interviews and news articles

AMAZING AI that directs enemies during combat/patrol but also citizens and npcs' daily life

"We've greatly enhanced our crowd and community systems to create the most believable city in any open-world game to date"

"The city streets are bustling with crowds of people from all facets of life, all living their lives, with a full day/night cycle."

(Source: Cyberpunk 2077 Gameplay Reveal — 48-minute walkthrough

"According to new CDPR interviews, Cyberpunk 2077's new real-time AI systems will allow for incredible dynamism. Thousands of NPCs will have actual daily routines throughout Night City's six districts, including a ton of robust and varied characters with cyborg implants, unique designs and animations, and day and night cycles."

(Source: https://www.tweaktown.com/news/7304...cs-will-have-unique-daily-routines/index.html)

Also, a wanted system and corrupt police (https://gamerant.com/cyberpunk-2077-wanted-system-corrupt-police/)

DonJorginho

Banned
Now that Cyberpunk 2077 is out and is basically a bug-ridden piece of work leaving lots of promises left to be desired I think it should be fairly obvious who is the boss in terms of world design and immersion.

CP77 you can barely call an RPG, a "soft-RPG" if you wanna call it like that but even that is a scratch.

Night City is a beautiful beutiful place to explore, but exploration rarely gets rewarded (except for randomly generated loot like in every other loot shooter).

CP is taking the edge in quest design and story but thats it. Everything feels stiff and non-immersive in Night City. Theres just...not much to do.

Bethesda Game Studios games are full of details, world design, little things you notice and discover while exploring. It feels like a living and breathing world. Every Character you encounter has a meaning, a name a background. Unlike dozens of mindless bots repeating the same sentence over and over in Night City.

Theres so many factions in their games you can choose to join, or not. Theres random encounters that might lead to unexplored vistas and whatnot. Theres just SO much to do and not do. Its all your choice, your freedom.

Night City doesnt give you freedom. Cyberpunk feels like a real short quicky. It gets you off in like 10 seconds and after that it falls flat. BGS games come with the full package, foreplay, sex toys, kissing, fingering, you name it.

Now that the stage is free and we know what Cyberpunk is and where it failed there is only one thing to do. Look up to the stars and imagine....

STARFIELD

tl;dr: TES, Fallout good, Cyberpunk 2077 not as good
Skyrim was their last truly great open world, Cyberpunk beats Fallout 4/76/ESO easily and alongside the likes of RDR 2 and The Witcher 3 , they downright murder it beyond recognition.

Truth is since Skyrim Bethesda haven't made a truly great open world or game for that fact, I hope they get back on form with Starfield as I adore their games, but the fact is Cyberpunk has a way better open world than their games post Skyrim, no-ones hearing CDPR or Rockstar for some time, hell even Watch Dogs 2 and AC Unity have better open worlds than latest Bethesda games, they used to be the kings, but the crown is temporarily not theirs till they earn it back.

In terms of quests and writing, Fallout 4 was one of the worst, all it's choices changed nothing and the endings were all lukewarm in terms of emotion and sense of reward, The Witcher 3 shown Bethesda how to make RPGs again and Cyberpunk is another example, this time teaching Bethesda how to make good FPS RPG like games again, all it's quests are interesting, it's characters and scenarios captivating, with next to no typical fetch quests like recent Bethesda titles.

Last edited:

hemo memo

Gold Member
Skyrim had a buggy launch, so did TW3 and numerous other games that went on to be top games eventually. Nobody remembers that because once bugs were squashed, there was a gem of a game underneath that. Same will be the case with this one.

Played both Skyrim on PS3 and Witcher 3 on PS4 day 1. Not this bad in my opinion. I have high tolerance for bugs and bad performance, the only game that did it for me was The Last Guardian on base PS4 and this one on PS5 for crashing 5 times in 11 hours and I can’t imagine how worse the experience on PS4.

zkorejo

Played both Skyrim on PS3 and Witcher 3 on PS4 day 1. Not this bad in my opinion. I have high tolerance for bugs and bad performance, the only game that did it for me was The Last Guardian on base PS4 and this one on PS5 for crashing 5 times in 11 hours and I can’t imagine how worse the experience on PS4.
I am luckily not playing on last gen consoles and I think that version (which I probably would have f this game released a few months earlier) is which is the most buggy, so I cannot comment on whether its as bad as Skyrim or TW3, but from the looks of it it is. If its worse than those two titles then I would have been angry at CDPR too. Just to be clear, I am not downplaying the problems or defending CPDR by any means. They fucked up badly, they needed time and should have taken it. I am just saying the game itself is REALLY good and people will see that once its playable.

Naked Lunch

I blame all the fools who bought this game in the launch window. Its your own fault.
The writing was on the wall about the state of this game all year. You had ample time to do your research. CP was delayed for years and years all the way down to the final months.

You should know this is how game companies do business now: Release unfinished crap to get the holiday sale - and then patch up for months and months post release.

This is why you wait for the definitive (ie: acutally completed) edition a year from now and buy it for $15. People wont do this though, and devs will keep getting away with it. Remember when games were released on carts, completed, with no patches, and still had more/better content than todays stuff?

It's disappointing but Im personally enjoying myself in the game. I actually look forwards to playing this again on the Series after all the updates roll out.

sinnergy

I blame all the fools who bought this game in the launch window. Its your own fault.
The writing was on the wall about the state of this game all year. You had ample time to do your research. CP was delayed for years and years all the way down to the final months.

You should know this is how game companies do business now: Release unfinished crap to get the holiday sale - and then patch up for months and months post release.

This is why you wait for the definitive (ie: acutally completed) edition a year from now and buy it for $15. People wont do this though, and devs will keep getting away with it. Remember when games were released on carts, completed, with no patches, and still had more/better content than todays stuff?
The fools that finance creativity and the patches you mean ... yeah fools .. damn fools .. damn Corona .

Woggleman

Is Witcher 3 good enough to enjoy if you really don't like the setting? I am just not into the whole medieval and fantasy thing.

Ricky_Bee

Banned
Is Witcher 3 good enough to enjoy if you really don't like the setting? I am just not into the whole medieval and fantasy thing.

Hard to say. It’s a very Slavic take on fantasy so a bit different to the norm. But you are riding around on a horse wearing doublets and killing monsters with a sword so... try it? It must be dirt cheap on sale.

Certinty

I didn’t expect too much but so far it’s still disappointing on the Series X.

Buggy as hell. Literally a new bug every 10 minutes of playing.

Only one act into the game so far but story is uninteresting.

Gunplay is horrid, field of view I’m not a big fan of either.

World is hardly ‘living’. GTA V might have had far less people roaming around but at least they somewhat acted like humans.

I don’t even know what to think. The game isn’t bad but yeah...

TeamGhobad

Banned
Ever since I was a little kid watching my older cousin play the Pen and Paper with his friends I dreamt of a Cyberpunk game and
let me start by saying that this game is not what I thought it would be.

My main issue with the game has to be the STORY.

The first red flag for me was when you meet Jackie, everything up to that point is absolutely amazing the graphics, the fat man sitting next to you, the car ride with that priest godfather it really was breathtaking, you meet Jackie and everything is great and boom, you get a montage of all the great stuff you and Jackie did instead of you actually playing it, which is a weird decision but I'll get into that a bit later. I assume the great things you and Jackie did in the first 6months will be the DLC.
It's just an odd decision cause honestly we all wanted that 6months. Even after the montage the game is still great the missions are awesome you are getting to know the city and its absolutely gorgeous.

The game takes a nosedive after Johnny is introduced. Now I understand that every story needs an overarching story but this is not all that interesting if I'm honest. You're dying and you need to get the construct out of your head...really? With the rich lore and world of Cyberpunk you can easily tell a better story than this. Why couldn't V trying to become rich and famous be enough of an overarching story? From this point on it becomes the Johnny show, you might be the protagonist but he is the main character. In my opinion in every cyberpunk/blade runner story, the city should be the main character always.

As you progress through the game the story becomes worse and worse and by the end of it and you know its the end I just wanted to be done with it. The main story is incredible short if you don't do any of the sidequests, you could probably finish it in 12hours.

It's not the story that I wanted. And I don't think its the story that CDPR wanted either. 1.5years ago they showed us this:

cdprpromises.jpg

this is not a story where Johnny takes over the whole game, this is a story where YOU are the protagonist and in charge. This is not a story of you dying and the whole story is about you saving your life. This is a story of you being in charge of YOU and taking night city by the horn!

My second issue with the game has to be the Missions and Gameplay
Lets start with the mission that introduces Militech, Meredith Stout and the Maelstrom. It's the mission we all saw in the 48min gameplay reveal, amazing mission, right? In my playthrough I sided with the Maelstrom cause Meredith game me an encrypted shard which i decrypted cause if the game gives me an option to do something i will do it. At the end of the mission I get the flatbed I'm buddies with Maelstrom instead of Meredith which I'm fine with, the Maelstrom are far cooler anyways so now I'm going to do missions for them right? NOPE, you never see or hear from the Maelstrom ever again until the very end when you do a sidequest with Rogue and they are guarding a container shipment, you have no interaction with them other than choking them out. Same thing with the Vodoo boys amazing intro and yep you never see or hear from them ever again.
It was definitely alluded that you could side with different factions and that would impact you and night city but that didn't come to fruition, imo the two best missions of the game were both in the 48min trailer.

Gameplay-wise its a mess. Lets start by upgrades and leveling up...they don't matter I think I had 10 extra points which i saved for passing speech options and had about 20 perk points by the end of it. The reason is that sneaking is too easy and the game or the roleplaying aspect of it encourages you to sneak it feels canon to do so its the same problem Deus Ex Mankind Divided had where sneaking was so OP that non of the great upgrades you bought you actually got to use, this game doesn't even have great upgrades. The best part of the game was when you were forced to do combat and even then the gun you used was far superior to any upgrade you could get.
You can upgrade everything guns, your body, perks, skill points but non of that mattered cause the game has very little combat and when it does you just sneak.

The hacking minigame is just atrocious I would rather netrunning was eliminated completely, and the only thing you use it for is to either distract and shut off cameras which is not all that interesting honestly and rarely used. A good option would have been to have a netrunner on your side and you tell them to shut down cameras and such. Just like in the mission to save the girl in the bath tub from the 48min trailer.

The boss battles were fine, they were bulletsponges and they didn't really have any tactic or specific thing you needed to learn, the game gave you plenty of cover and they were easy to take down 3 in total they were fine not great but they did the job.

Sidequests
The game bombards you with sidemissions and it becomes all very overwhelming. The sidequests are a mixed bag really, my personal opinion is that the sidequests should work as an enforcement of the mainstory and should pertain to it cause if not it really just throws the pacing off. I'm dying and Johnny is in my head so why am I driving this ripperdoc across the map? Why am I looking for rogue AI cars? Unlike witcher 3 where sidequests were given to you when you visited a specific area and its story pertained to that area here its just thrown at you from phonecalls. Every sidequest should have been about the task at hand.
And another issue I have with the sidequests is that a lot of them are several levels above my own, they should have been evenly distributed as you progress.
Also a lot of the sidequests were kinda lame and felt forced, the jesus christ mission for instance, some of them are not that good plain and simple.

Bugs
Yes the bugs are there, yes they detract from the experience, but to me I don't judge CDPR based on them, cause that is not their intent obviously and they can be fixed. Some missions had a sound bug where you couldn't hear the NPC speaking it was annoying sure. Other times you got stuck in the environment but a reload fixed that problem, I'm not that harsh on bugs I know some people are but to me they can easily be fixed. I didn't experience anything gamebreaking so I'm ok with it.

DLC and the Future
Like I said before I have a hunch that one of the DLC will be the 6months we missed with Jackie. I honestly think this should have been in the game from start. It all feels very much like FF15 where they tried "fixing" the story with DLC and its just nope too late. You can't retroactively fix story, you can fix bugs sure but not story, we all experienced it and that ship has sailed. I honestly think CDPR should not make any DLC for this game and skip the MP as well. They should make their Ciri game come back and focus on Cyberpunk 2. They have the technology they can build it, for me its not a lack of vision that is at fault here its the execution of that vision. They should skip last gen systems and now its just smooth sailing as I said the tech is there and the vision is there too CDPR proved it with their initial trailer

everything for a great Cyberpunk game is all there!

O.v.e.rlord

Banned
This game is amazing. No joke started my second run of this game. Do some side job. blast some chick in the face, and her friends were not having any of it. This one fuck. Chrome out the ass, start charging at me. Legit tripped on the corpse of his friend and i blast him in the head. Great game.

Last edited:
Next million Cyberpunk 2077 threads:

OMG! Cyberpunk 2077 is amazing!
Wow! You'll never believe what I did in Cyberpunk 2077
Cyberpunk 2077 weird glitch
Update on Sony refunding Cyberpunk 2077
Cyberpunk 2077 next gen port detailed
Cyberpunk 2077 is the worst game ever
Cyberpunk 2077 vs. Elder Scrolls 6
Fallout 76 is better than Cyberpunk 2077
What's in the new Cyberpunk 2077 hot fix?
Look at all these custom Cyberpunk 2077 characters!

Just make a single thread, JEEZ!

Personally, just this year both TLOU 2 and FF7 R was way more dissapointing.
Ya wanna get smacked

Last edited:
This game is basically the Witcher 3 in first person in a different setting. I don't think it's better or worse than that game it's basically the same thing. To me this game feels heavily like Rage 1. The open world is basically just an explorable backdrop to a linear story.

thelastword

Banned
I think people were more hyped for the world and they imagined it would be just as amazing as when they saw it in Blade Runner. So most of the hype was based on settings and characters, the world.......With several cuts to A.i, physics and interactivity I do no think CDPR hit it out the park......If there was better interactivity, better side missions, less bugs and jank, it would have been a better game........

Like I've always said about CDPR, they might do well on story, but games are primarily about gameplay and interactivity. Your primary method of interacting your character with the world, it's enemies etc...has to be pin point, not janky.....This is where Ghosts of Tsushima, LOU 2 and even Days Gone excelled... Excellent combat, every fight and encounter was intense and In all these games especially the world was greatly designed for discovery even outside of combat....So they packaged a game where it was a joy to be in the world exploring and also combatting enemies or obstacles.....This is the key point where Cyberpunk is not as good in.....

Mozzarella

I saw in the first page some comparison between Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk RPG elements and build variety and i just think its unfair to do this comparison to begin with.
In Witcher 3 you are playing a pre defined character Geralt of Rivia and its a continuation from the two previous games Witcher 1 and Witcher 2 which are also written by CDPR as events After the book series. Which puts us "The Player" in Geralt shoes.
The dialogue options he can say is all part of his characterization and is available within his actual tendencies on what he can actually do. Unlike V from Cyberpunk where its basically a blank character that we will define ourselves by making choices, there is no prequels in Cyberpunk about "V" or a book about "V"
The second is build variety which is honestly a stupid comparison, Witcher does not claim to have you play anything but a Witcher, you cannot be a mage or a knight or archer or anything else, you are Geralt, the master witcher swordsman, known for his ballerina style in combat, they have to Stick with that, they have to be faithful to the source material and to the two prequels they made before, its good that at least they gave the player more options to diversify the build a little bit, im satisfied with that, its enough for what it is, and its understandable, they cannot offer you the same build variety as "V" whom can be anything, can be hacker, fighter, mix between, assassin, juggernaut..etc

This is not an advantage point that Cyberpunk scored here, its just another type of main character, another type of RPG. When you look at it through these limitations, it makes sense.
Hell i will say that no matter how good my "V" is, they will never be cooler than Geralt imo.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
The second is build variety which is honestly a stupid comparison, Witcher does not claim to have you play anything but a Witcher, you cannot be a mage or a knight or archer or anything else, you are Geralt, the master witcher swordsman, known for his ballerina style in combat, they have to Stick with that, they have to be faithful to the source material and to the two prequels they made before, its good that at least they gave the player more options to diversify the build a little bit, im satisfied with that, its enough for what it is, and its understandable, they cannot offer you the same build variety as "V" whom can be anything, can be hacker, fighter, mix between, assassin, juggernaut..etc
Witcher 3 was often criticized by players of other RPGs for not having enough dept and variety to its perks, that a lot of them were just small iterative buffs that didn't change the way you played much. Witcher 2's skill tree offered more substantial specializations by comparison.

Cyberpunk actually does have some pretty interesting stuff in there, but I think it takes a real long time to get to some of it, you aren't allowed to specialize that much in the beginning, and if you try to play too well-rounded you might not see some of the coolest stuff. Cyberware is likewise often really expensive and you don't make much money early on.

Last edited:

Mozzarella

Witcher 3 was often criticized by players of other RPGs for not having enough dept and variety to its perks, that a lot of them were just small iterative buffs that didn't change the way you played much. Witcher 2's skill tree offered more substantial specializations by comparison.

Cyberpunk actually does have some pretty interesting stuff in there, but I think it takes a real long time to get to some of it, you aren't allowed to specialize that much in the beginning, and if you try to play too well-rounded you might not see some of the coolest stuff. Cyberware is likewise often really expensive and you don't make much money early on.
I see! yes the perks in Witcher 3 could be a bit more varied, like adding more moveset for swordplay would have improved it more, and same thing goes for Signs. They give you in the main game 2 perks that gives additional attack, one is whirlwind that one where Geralt spins like a Tornado, and the second is a strong cut type attack that cuts enemies in half, you charge it with the strong attack. They also give a deflect arrow skill for the crossbow. Also some Bombs and bomb combos, like cluster bombs, or gas+igni. In Signs, each sign will gain 1 improved version, so you can cast both, if you click you get one if you hold the button you get the second version. Aard, one is direct the second is AoE. Igni is stream of fire, Quen is bubble shield, Yarden gains shock. Axii gains control, etc.. (You know that already, why i am typing this..)
With the Blood and Wine DLC they added some more but overall i agree, they can add even more. With that though, i will say Witcher 3 allows for more than one style of gameplay, you can make different builds, and again yes it could have been more, but as it stands i dont think this bothers me, more like a nitpick of things i would like to improve in the game.
Giving too much though could change Geralt, as he will always be a master swordsman that fights with swords like a ballerina. Its his identity afterall.

V benefits from its blank status, V can become anything, therefore more options. I also agree that most of the skill perks are so late game. However, a lot of them are passive skills, which kinda sucks. I wanted more active skills, even with Blades tree, why not add some more attacks, its costly as it requires animations but its very satisfying when done right. In Witcher 3 it was understandable that we would have limitations, in Cyberpunk..not really, imo they should have added more active perks. Still personally not saying its bad or something, in the end for a first person RPG the skill tree is good, but it feels there is a lot of wasted potential here, unlike W3 skill tree which could have been slightly improved yeah, but not that much given we are stuck to playing as Uncle Geralt.

Last edited:

Royal-Slime

Banned
I agree to an extent but only to an extent. I've played a little bit but so far the dialogue, overall story and voice-acting have been incredibly dissappointing. I don't know if English voice-acting of Witcher games is the same, I've played Witcher 1 with Russian audio, then Witcher 2 with Russian and Polish and Witcher 3 with Polish... even Russian voice-acting was as good as it gets, let alone Polish... But anyway, my point is that the voice-acting in Cyberpunk is pretty bad. I can deal with passable voice-acting for side-characters but is it that difficult to find a memorable voice for your main characters?? Could have gotten Adam Jensen's voice actor for male V and maybe Ellie's voice actress for female V? Get rid of Keanu altogether and spend those money: a) a good character designer (females look great, males are boring in the game); b) a nice voice-actor that would sound genuine. My issue with voice-acting is that they sound kind of too "edgy". Over-the-top is good (maybe even better than realistic) but bad voice-acting is bad, both male and female V don't sound good at all.
Besides, why have voice-acting for male and female V at all? At least give me an option to turn it off. I am immediately taken out of the first-person immersion the moment main character starts to act like an "edgelord". Don't like the word but it really fits here. I'll never understand why Western RPG feel the need to have voice-acting for everything and for main characters when (!) there is character customization. It's as if they've never seen those goofy looking custom Shepards with the voice that just doesn't fit.

Anyway, the story was pretty boring. Not enough action in the beginning of the game and some absolutely awful ideas like that moment with
a video footage which you need to rewind. Who thought this would be fun to do? And once you're done with one video.. have to do another one, yay

I think the biggest issues of Cyberpunk are voice-acting, story (from what I've played), character customization (females can look good but male cc is absolutely bad) and lack of choices, roleplaying elements. I haven't gotten very far but that's my initial impression. Hopefully, the game will be receiving new content over these next two years (they said multiplayer is not coming until 2022, so single-player content for next two years?). I also hope that some of my complaints are wrong and the game will grow on me.

Cyberpunk 2077 is absolutely in no way a "Ubisoft, EA" type of game but not what you'd expect from CDPR, more like a "Mankind Divided that's actually good".

Yeah, you obviously have no clue what you’re talking about. But that’s cool - keep repeating yourself, maybe someone will believe you.
Im not making stuff up there are videos all over youtube of people pointing out Cyberpunk terrible AI and Physics. Here another vid to prove my point.

And here another one

Another one

Last edited:
So far, I've been enjoying the game on the PC version as a time killer, really getting into the combat mode that's in it. I'm not getting the console version yet, I'm just going to wait until I get one of the next gen consoles.

Dynasty8

It was pretty shitty

Main story and characters were great. Battle system was done really well as a turn-based and action hybrid...and the music was top notch. The game was awesome...the side quests were not. The only thing I hope for in the next one is to make it less linear once you leave Midgar.

4QGamers

Completely understandable. It breaks my heart because after 60 hours, its one of my favorite games of all time. Really wish I could record a brain dance so you could experience and feel what I did.

iHaunter

What a terrible opinion.

In a world where Anthem exists, Destiny exists, Fallout 4 exists, TLOU2 exists, Cyberpunk doesn't break the top disappointing games of the generation, let alone "ever". Children really need to learn to control their emotions before posting hyperbole on the internet.
You forgot Fallout 76.

Madflavor

Getting tired of hearing people say "The Witcher 3 was in a sorry state on release too!"

No it was not. It had a lot of bugs, but not to the near extent as CP77. On top of that the issues within the game itself were minor and easily fixable. With CP77 There are many many many problems within the game itself. Unlike TW3, CP77 sold itself as an immersive Open World RPG, which it clearly is not. You can't immerse yourself in the world, if there's nothing to do in it during exploration. When you aren't doing the Main Story or Side Missions, the world is dead. CDPR talked so much about immersing yourself in the atmosphere and city, how NPCS would have routines, and how much depth the police system would have. None of this was true, and they deserve to be called out for it.

You need to understand the last time we had a situation where a developer talked about an abundance of things that would be in the game, and ended up not being true, was No Man's Sky. This whole situation really is a Boogaloo to that fiasco. It's No Man's Sky all over again. The only question that remains at this point is whether or not CDPR are gonna support the game the same way Hello Games did.

Justin9mm

Unfortunately playing this on PS5.. I like the game a lot but there are a good amount of things to dislike.

I think the lore of CP, story and gameplay are generally really good but just not executed that well.
I could see how if Cyberpunk 2077 had a sequel it could truly be a masterpiece learning from the mistakes of this one but sadly I honestly don't think CDPR on their own have enough talent to pull it off which is clear in this game.
A true game changer would be to see a partnership with another good major third party developer to make a truly remarkable GOAT sequel. A game we were actually imagining CP2077 to be before it was released.

Last edited:

Woo-Fu

Banned
Loving it on PC. I didn't really follow the game's development though, so had no expectations other than first-person futuristic open-world which is what they delivered. My biggest complaint is camera controls/positioning while driving, the chase cams are too low and if you raise the camera while driving it just resets them back to the too low view periodically.

I enjoy it when it works, but I am literally in a place where it will not let me progress. SPOILERS BELOW:

It keeps freezing and crashing during the same exact second during a scene of Female V swimming with Judy.

I'm done playing until the next few patches drop in the next three months.

rob305

Absolutely love this game on the Series X. Played on performance mode at first then went to quality mode and its been at steady 30fps.

I have 35hrs in and playing at a slow place doing tons of stuff on the side. Definitely my GOTY, one of the games of the generation for me if we consider this as part of last gen. I get that people hate it though, its not for everyone. I also absolutely loved RDR2. All my friends who hated RDR2 also seem to hate cyberpunk, maybe there is a pattern there

gt86

I'm at a loss, I normally agree with some of the hatred for some games, but not this one. Maybe because I have been playing games for 30+ years on consoles and pc. So far I have thoroughly enjoyed playing this on my series x. Yes I have seen jank but nothing that gets me all "fuck cdp". I mean think of the people that worked their asses off on this game. This is typical overblown shit as usual these days.

renzolama

I'm enjoying the hell out of it, but I also didn't pay any attention to the hype build up over the past several years because I wanted to experience it fresh. It has many glaring flaws, but it definitely feels like a CDPR game in that regard because behind all those flaws is a world that's still extremely engaging and immersive. People can throw shade all they like, but what CDPR managed to build from the ground up in an entirely new genre / perspective is hugely impressive fundamentally. I have no doubt they will iterate on it and be defining the open world immersive sim rpg genre in 5-10 years exactly like they did with third person wrpgs for the Witcher series.

You're going to want to be careful with this. "AAA" studios have been planning on taking down CD/Red since their business model of siding with the player on not over-charging for utter bullshit that you all seem to not mind paying for. They would be happy to have them wiped off the field and the journoz have their orders. Best to stand by CD through this.

Last edited:

Phase

You're going to want to be careful with this. "AAA" studios have been planning on taking down CD/Red since their business model of siding with the player on not over-charging for utter bullshit that you all seem to not mind paying for. They would be happy to have them wiped off the field and the journoz have their orders. Best to stand by CD through this.
What a dumb take. They intentionally deceived their customers for the bottom line. They've just proven they're no better than those other AAA studios.

This shit happens in real life bro. Always when I put my foot on the gas pedal the police appears from nowhere!
Lol but for real it saddens me to see a Game by CDPR like this i love Witcher 2 and 3 even though they were kinda buggy at the launch it was never this bad im only pointing this out cause i love CDPR games and want them to do better but after what happen with Cyberpunk and all the detail and promised they made it like a shot to the heart it hurts how can 1 of the most respected Dev in the gaming world lie and hide do this too us it hurts man.

Last edited:

Phase

Lol but for real it saddens me to see a Game by CDPR like this i love Witcher 2 and 3 even though they were kinda buggy at the launch it was never this bad im only pointing this out cause i love CDPR games and want them to do better but after what happen with Cyberpunk and all the detail and promised they made it like a shot to the heart it hurts how can 1 of the most respected Dev in the gaming world lie and hide do this too us it hurts man.
We still have FromSoft

giphy.gif

Top Bottom