• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Orange is the New Black - Season 2 on Netflix - *Spoilers for all of S2*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sober

I dunno, I thought Piper was fine this season since it wasn't so focused on her or even had her in the main plotline as much (Vee vs. Red).

Amagon

That ending felt a little forced in my eyes.

The whole Tastee/Vee storyline killed my buzzed with this season. The Tastee character is terribly written for me enough to do something else when her character is on.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
the blowjob was completely tone deaf

everything about the second half of this season can be summed up by "you there, young lady, you know the library. Go

with.

her!"

S1 > S2

did i lie
Yes, I like the story and the flashbacks better this season, especially the focus on Morello.

ibp3MKHmBXKFAS.gif

B

bomb

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished episode 9. Larry is such a little bitch. Have sex with Piper and stop being such a wuss. Oh my god, she had some lesbian loving in prison. Grow up. You are the one with the penis. Use it. The "she's in prison so I don't know how to handle life" is so childish. You are suppose to be her rock so the least you can do is put emotion aside for 20 minutes and have sex with her. What a baby.

royalan

Just finished episode 9. Larry is such a little bitch. Have sex with Piper and stop being such a wuss. Oh my god, she had some lesbian loving in prison. Grow up. You are the one with the penis. Use it. The "she's in prison so I don't know how to handle life" is so childish. You are suppose to be her rock so the least you can do is put emotion aside for 20 minutes and have sex with her. What a baby.

lol...wut?

Don't get me wrong, I think Larry is a twat, too. But not because he didn't "man-up" and fuck Piper with his big, manly rock penis. Piper cheated on him, and just because it was with another woman makes it no better. He has a right to be upset about that.

Now, trying to live and profit vicariously through Piper's prison experiences and immediately going out and fucking Piper's best friend (who, coincidentally, was also his best friend's wife) and "falling in love"
huge eyeroll
makes Larry a HUGE piece of shit. I think the show let Larry and Polly off way too easy for that, tbh.

kirblar

lol...wut?

Don't get me wrong, I think Larry is a twat, too. But not because he didn't "man-up" and fuck Piper with his big, manly rock penis. Piper cheated on him, and just because it was with another woman makes it no better. He has a right to be upset about that.

Now, trying to live and profit vicariously through Piper's prison experiences and immediately going out and fucking Piper's best friend (who, coincidentally, was also his best friend's wife) and "falling in love"
huge eyeroll
makes Larry a HUGE piece of shit. I think the show let Larry and Polly off way too easy for that, tbh.
The point was showing that they're all no better than each other or anyone else. All 4 of them are screwed up people.

TrutaS

Well I just finished the season, and I fully disagree with some people here. I thought it was actually better than the previous one. If only because it was less focused on Piper which is a fine character but by far not more interesting than the entirety of the cast.

They play the Vee thing a bit too much, but she is also an interesting character and amazing actress.

Overall very funny, interesting and exciting.

Edit: Damnit that's a lot of "interesting" for just one review. Throw in some "curious", "engaging", "compelling" , etc for the sake of variety.

huxley00

This is from the same woman who brought us Weeds, which was good... until it went for way too long (8 seasons).

I hope this one is gonna stay as good as it is right now (or better) and then stop at season 5 or 6 at the very most.
Yeah, show time always does this for some reason. HBO knows to stop a show when it's still good, leaving you wanting more. Showtime bleeds their properties dry until they are complete trash :/

Yeah, show time always does this for some reason. HBO knows to stop a show when it's still good, leaving you wanting more. Showtime bleeds their properties dry until they are complete trash :/

If the show goes the Weeds direction I'm going to be sad. I'm one of those people who gets the whole show ruined once the later stuff gets worse. I'll probably never watch Weeds or Dexter again despite liking the first 3 / 5 seasons respectively.

J3ffro

What an ending. Vee was great, in that she was terrible. So glad she's DONE though, no working her way back into the story.

I thought this season was great, I liked seeing more of everyone's back story. Last season I felt bad for Crazy Eyes, this season I feel even worse for her. Of everyone's story, her's might be the saddest.

Grizzo

What an ending. Vee was great, in that she was terrible. So glad she's DONE though, no working her way back into the story.

I thought this season was great, I liked seeing more of everyone's back story. Last season I felt bad for Crazy Eyes, this season I feel even worse for her. Of everyone's story, her's might be the saddest.

well... Who knows if she's really done for? That interview with Lorraine Toussaint (the actress who plays Vee) is an interesting read (and seem to suggest that Jenji Kohan could decide to bring her back).

royalan

well... Who knows if she's really done for? That interview with Lorraine Toussaint (the actress who plays Vee) is an interesting read (and seem to suggest that Jenji Kohan could decide to bring her back).

Jenji, don't do this. Don't fuck up OITNB the same way you fucked up Weeds.

Vee was amazing, but her story is done. Let her go out as a great villain. Don't revive her and drag her through the much just because the audience love to hate her.

Besides, even if getting hit by a van going full-speed DIDN'T kill her, there's NO WAY she's not going straight to max. Jenji would have to take an epic dump on the show's already tenuous believability to bring her back.

J3ffro

I hope they would only have her in flashbacks. Getting tagged by a van at speed means you are toast - I know, its a TV show, but it really irks me when TV/movies completely misrepresent injuries. Sure she could have survived, much like every now and then a sky diver who's shoot doesn't open survives.

Thanks for the link though, I will check it out.

Unrelated, what was the point behind the hair and other stuff Norma and Gloria made and then blew onto her? I feel like I missed something there.

Grizzo

I hope they would only have her in flashbacks. Getting tagged by a van at speed means you are toast - I know, its a TV show, but it really irks me when TV/movies completely misrepresent injuries. Sure she could have survived, much like every now and then a sky diver who's shoot doesn't open survives.

Thanks for the link though, I will check it out.

I agree with you, it's clear to me that Vee shouldn't come back. That car accident was a good send-off. She was a great villain and main arc for season 2, but you can go much further with this character. After all, she ended up being alienated from everyone at the end of the season.

Unrelated, what was the point behind the hair and other stuff Norma and Gloria made and then blew onto her? I feel like I missed something there.

It was a callback to the episode where we learn about Gloria's backstory (with her little store, the candles and all these superstitious things). Looks like it finally worked!

huxley00

If the show goes the Weeds direction I'm going to be sad. I'm one of those people who gets the whole show ruined once the later stuff gets worse. I'll probably never watch Weeds or Dexter again despite liking the first 3 / 5 seasons respectively.

Completely agree, loved both shows for 3/5 of the run, will never watch again.

Dany

Banned
Whats with 'rude' being the new 'she's evil'

Both Rosa and Hannibal use it extensively in their second season lol

slit

Finally finished the last episode over the weekend. I liked it a bit better than the 1st season. The ending was good although I knew it was going to happen beforehand. At first I thought Miss Rosa was going to plow down the nun and the assistant warden. Still a good ending. I like how they didn't focus on Piper as much and allowed other characters to develop, particularly Morello. Also Larry is annoying as fuck and a douche bag to boot.

foxtrot3d

Banned
I finally watched this show and I find it amazing but god I fucking hate Piper. She's a horrible person.

Same here. Then again I find 95% of the cast to be horrible people, which of course makes sense considering they are in prison. One thing I do find weird about the show is the amount of lesbian sex, not that they show but the fact that it's done IMO for male viewers. It's never the ugly people they show having sex only the hot girls.

I also agree that this second season was weaker than the first, the show doesn't seem to know where it's going and has a fear of committing to plotlines.

Brakke

Banned
Just watched the Morello episode last night. Holy shit I was crying. Saddest thing, everything sucks. When she got in that tub I was one hundred per cent sure she was going to drown herself / open her wrists.

someday

Banned
Same here. Then again I find 95% of the cast to be horrible people, which of course makes sense considering they are in prison. One thing I do find weird about the show is the amount of lesbian sex, not that they show but the fact that it's done IMO for male viewers. It's never the ugly people they show having sex only the hot girls.

I also agree that this second season was weaker than the first, the show doesn't seem to know where it's going and has a fear of committing to plotlines.
Eh, the lesbian sex is nice for lesbians watching the show too. It doesn't seem as pandering here for some reason, maybe because the show so far really resonates with me and seems to treat its women as individuals.

Grizzo

Just watched the Morello episode last night. Holy shit I was crying. Saddest thing, everything sucks. When she got in that tub I was one hundred per cent sure she was going to drown herself / open her wrists.

I loved that episode, and Yael Stone sold the hell out of every scene she was in this season in my opinion.

I didn't think she would die in that bathroom, but I was really scared for her when she woke up as Christopher was coming. Shit really got tense.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Jenji, don't do this. Don't fuck up OITNB the same way you fucked up Weeds.

Vee was amazing, but her story is done. Let her go out as a great villain. Don't revive her and drag her through the much just because the audience love to hate her.

Besides, even if getting hit by a van going full-speed DIDN'T kill her, there's NO WAY she's not going straight to max. Jenji would have to take an epic dump on the show's already tenuous believability to bring her back.

The only realistic way I could see this being done is if they sent one of the other girls to max and did two stroylines liked it seemed they would have done with piper at the start of the series. But I agree there is no reason to bring her back. A revenge storyline could be interesting but I can't say I'm clamoring for one. Her story ended great there is no need for more of her outside of flashbacks

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
This season was so, so good. Just as good if not better than the first.

Confused me too. For all you saw of her up to the flashback I thought she was Russian.

So this is a universal thing! One coworker thought maybe sh was Italian.

So, finished last night and really loved it. This show got a lot better this season and I already really liked it last season. Vee is up there with some of my most hated TV villains. At one point, I half expected her to say "You want it one way."

The ending was a little pat, but I am OK with that. Not everything has to be dark and morbid, and I really did want Vee to die.

bud

watching the finale later tonight.

just wanted to say that vee is the worst, most annoying character since tony's sister. i want her to die.

slit

The only realistic way I could see this being done is if they sent one of the other girls to max and did two stroylines liked it seemed they would have done with piper at the start of the series. But I agree there is no reason to bring her back. A revenge storyline could be interesting but I can't say I'm clamoring for one. Her story ended great there is no need for more of her outside of flashbacks

I really doubt they revive her. They're not writing this like a cheap soap opera where everybody always comes back. I pretty sure V's gone.

So I dug the ending, glad to see V gone, but shit if I have to spend one more moment dealing with Bennett and Daya next season I'm going to pull all my hair out. So many awful plotlines interspersed with the fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom