• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines (Vita/ JRPG) announced for western release

Love it but I'm pretty sure they'll be giving us something more edgy for the west.

Quick, someone shop some angry eyebrows on the girl, replace the hammer and naginata(?) with firearms and place an explosion in the background.

And who is Sahid again? *dead serious

I forget what his position is with Sony, but basically months and months back he asked people to tweet jrpgs they'd like to see localized on Vita, so that he could work with people to make it happen or something like that.
Tales of Hearts and Innocence ended up being the most popular tweets, followed by stuff like Type 0 and VC3.

Jawmuncher

Quick, someone shop some angry eyebrows on the girl, replace the hammer and naginata(?) with firearms and place an explosion in the background.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least. Since the box art in the west most casual people would think it was a fishing game.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

I forget what his position is with Sony, but basically months and months back he asked people to tweet jrpgs they'd like to see localized on Vita, so that he could work with people to make it happen or something like that.
Tales of Hearts and Innocence ended up being the most popular tweets, followed by stuff like Type 0 and VC3.

Thanks for taking the time out to answer. Do appreciate it.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Love it but I'm pretty sure they'll be giving us something more edgy for the west.

q3juWKX.jpg

Takao

Banned
Eh, possibly, but considering it's Japan Studio, I would have put money on it being planned for localisation from day dot.

I doubt that. The first game in this series had two chances at localization (on PS1, and then PSP) but were passed on each time.

Oh shit! This is that crazy beautiful "Over My Dead Body" game isn't it? I was afraid we'd never get this! Is this going to be the first or second game?

RpgN

Most games worth importing are being brought over. What we're missing are Legend of Heroes games and Lord of Apocalypse. It feels good buying a system where you don't feel the need to import. And even then, the option is there. That's how it's done.

I doubt that. The first game in this series had two chances at localization (on PS1, and then PSP) but were passed on each time.

I actually remember someone from one of the smaller translation studios saying that they looked into bringing over the remake, but determined that it wasn't worth it because the PSP was so late in its lifespan at that point.

Ridley327

Most games worth importing are being brought over. What we're missing are Legend of Heroes games and Lords of Apocalypse. It feels good buying a system where you don't feel the need to import. And even then, the option is there. That's how it's done.

I doubt we're ever going to see Lords of Apocalypse. Whatever opportunity Squenix had for releasing it is long past, no doubt due to Lord of Arcana's crappy sales in the west.

Takao

Banned
So what kind of gameplay are we talking about? I hope it's not another Monster Hunter clone...?

Yes, it's another Monster Hunter Panty Raid game. That is what every Japanese Vita game is.

I actually remember someone from one of the smaller translation studios saying that they looked into bringing over the remake, but determined that it wasn't worth it because the PSP was so late in its lifespan at that point.

Victor Ireland has said he's tried, but ultimately the kind of money it would bring in wouldn't be worth SCE's time to devote staff to the project.

Koppai

Yay for Vita and all of it's Japan games being brought over, I am so fucking excited for the Vita finally, I bought it at the perfect time I think :)

That box art is some of the best I've ever seen. It will be sad to see the US version. But it's so cool to see a game this absolutely insane getting localized.

yes_napoleon_dynamite.gif

Does the game have a full-fledged protagonist, or is it one of those dull create-your-own-character systems?
It's one of those "your bloodline has been cursed to age to adulthood and die within five years so you play multiple generations of the same clan that you create and manage your characters'life span and breeding with deities"

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I seriously am going to die here, considering have to now pick up both JP and US versions... D:

RpgN

I doubt we're ever going to see Lords of Apocalypse. Whatever opportunity Squenix had for releasing it is long past, no doubt due to Lord of Arcana's crappy sales in the west.

Yes, I lost hope for it it too which is a shame. Its demo was very enjoyable on the Japanese store :(

Wereroku

I think it was Vic Ireland talking about that. If i remember its not that it wasn't worth it but that Sony wanted more minimum guarantee sales then could actually be recouped. Sad since the game seems really good also the translation work would probably be expensive as well apparently.

It's one of those "your bloodline has been cursed to age to adulthood and die within five years so you play multiple generations of the same clan that you create and manage your characters'life span and breeding with deities"

I like to think of it as selective breeding in game form.

injurai

Banned
That box art is some of the best I've ever seen. It will be sad to see the US version. But it's so cool to see a game this absolutely insane getting localized.

kinky kyoto

Ouroboros

I've heard nothing of this game before but judging by gaf's excitement I'll be buying it for my vita.

Makes the day a little better considering I couldn't get Paul McCartney tickets today...

Top Bottom