• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Orioto art thread - New VG wall every thursday!

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
ChoklitReign said:
Why don't you make any in 16:10? We use computers, sir.

And computers use can use Photoshop, whic can be used to resize pictures

Or you could, you know, complain less about something you get for free. Just saying.

orioto

Good Art™
Raging Spaniard said:

Or you could, you know, complain less about something you get for free. Just saying.

:)

And i know IGN made size change to offer different wallpaper resolution. Maybe they have a computer ratio.

voltron

Keep up the great work man. I come and pick a new wallpaper every couple of weeks.

You got a shout-out on Gamers With Jobs podcast this week too, in case you missed it.

voltron

Raging Spaniard said:

But that would require cropping some data.

The size doesnt bother me anyway. I dont mind having a black bar top and bottom.

orioto

Good Art™
voltron said:
Keep up the great work man. I come and pick a new wallpaper every couple of weeks.

You got a shout-out on Gamers With Jobs podcast this week too, in case you missed it.

What's this ? You have to tell me !

voltron

orioto said:
What's this ? You have to tell me !

Towards the end of the show one of the hosts mentioned that he had one of your pieces as a wallpaper. They were talking about innovation in games and he glanced at his desktop and mentioned that he would be happy of a remake of Zelda with new gen graphics (inspired by your piece).

It was a pretty good wrap, but he didnt quote your name/handle unfortunately. Maybe he will next week if anyone tells him.

bengraven

orioto said:
Not this one.

Next Insider one will be ... Kid I.

Oh, I misread that? I thought you said the FFVI one was Insider Only? That was what I was whining about, since I've been anticipating it.

But Kid Ik I can stand behind buying Insider as well.

neoism

orioto said:
Wouhou.jpg

BentonJoy

And the deviant top is from yesterday's hits, but i did the 24,000 in the last 16 hours only:lol

Sorry i'm so cocky:lol
nooo man, your art is sooo damn good. I hope your making a lot of money from this!

orioto

Good Art™
neoism said:
nooo man, your art is sooo damn good. I hope your making a lot of money from this!

Hahahaha !!

No i don't...

But for the achievement part, this friday, i did 56'000 unique visitors on deviantart, 250,000 since the day. I even went first for two days on Deviant top chart :D And the LifeHacker news did 260,000 hit. crazy !

But i'm still poor :lol

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
If I can suggest topics for future masterpieces, how about a Final Fantasy 6 piece (your avatar hinted that you might like this :D), or River City Ransom, Earthbound, or Monkey Island?

Anyway, I love your art, and I now have all the pictures on an automatic 10 minute wallpaper shuffle! You are really talented!

EDIT: Noticed you've already made a FF6 one :lol

orioto

Good Art™
Osaka said:
If I can suggest topics for future masterpieces, how about a Final Fantasy 6 piece (your avatar hinted that you might like this :D), or River City Ransom, Earthbound, or Monkey Island?

Anyway, I love your art, and I now have all the pictures on an automatic 10 minute wallpaper shuffle! You are really talented!

EDIT: Noticed you've already made a FF6 one :lol

Again, feel free to post some reference picture here for your request, i'm keeping all that in a directory !

orioto

Good Art™
Hey i'm bored, so i did this
SeikenGIF.gif
but i don't want to change my avatar. If someone wants it, he can take it ! Just let me know !

Ydahs

orioto said:
SeikenGIF.gif
but i don't want to change my avatar. If someone wants it, he can take it ! Just let me know !
Amazing, though it is 50kb too big! Is there a larger version by any chance?

orioto

Good Art™
Ydahs said:
Amazing, though it is 50kb too big! Is there a larger version by any chance?

I compressed it more ! It's 150kb now
No there is no larger version, it's meant to be an avatar :D

Krelian

orioto said:
SeikenGIF.gif
If no one else has already done so I'd like to use this avatar.

Also, your work is incredible!

ltse1

Your art work is inspiring, literally! I'm drawing more nowadays, and playing music more as well. Keep it up!

orioto

Good Art™
Nothing really new so let me tease you with some wip !

This is an enemy for the IGN Kid Icarus picture i'm doing.

IcarusDemo.jpg

Yes i know this isn't awesomely impressive but hey....:lol

By the way, the FFVI picture will be on my deviantart the 25th of March !

Azure J

Uhh, lemme see what I can get. :lol

Try here for starters and look under Maps. The series is pretty obscure so it's really hard to find any art outside of gameplay sprites & screens. If you can find anything good there, here's a pretty good screen to try and re-interpret. And if there's nothing there that catches your eye, well it was nice that you at least asked about it. :)

orioto

Good Art™
AzureJericho said:
And if there's nothing there that catches your eye, well it was nice that you at least asked about it. :)

This:lol
But thx seriously, i'll see if there are some documents that would give the game some visual identity. That's the problem with NES games !

Even for Kid Icarus, i had to study some artworks, boxart and all that, cause the original game just looks like nothing ! There is no background in it !

Holy crap @ ALL of these! I can't believe I've not been in this thread until now.

Your LTTP one particularly took me back... great choice of scene!

Top Bottom